PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

just think....we were robbed of a Brady/Brees superbowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing that even Pats fans are buying into the “poor Drew Brees” narrative. Weren’t there a bunch of rankings on this board earlier in the season that he’s the second greatest QB of all-time, ahead of Montana? He is basically Peyton Manning Lite. Fills up the stat sheet, gets praise, rarely delivers when it matters, gets excuses.

Yeah I’m still pissed we won’t be facing the saints

The rams DONT deserve to be In the Super Bowl, which means, if we lose in two weeks, I’ll be so much more pissed than losing to the saints or a team that at least deserved to be there

I think the big picture has been missed - the issue on hand is PLAYER SAFETY, which the league has thoroughly emphasized in recent years. Even if the score had been 28-0, the flag gets thrown 10/10 times.

Who cares about the outcome, really, when player safety is at risk here?

I honestly do feel bad for NO with that BS no call, but this was funny to me..

When the Saints had the ball with 1:40 left in the game and a first down in chip shot FG range, I started explaining to my wife what the Saints would do.

I told her they'd run the ball three times, make the Rams use their two remaining timeouts and kick the FG to take the lead, leaving the Rams no timeouts and less than a minute to play to try and tie the game.

Instead they throw a pass on first down that's dropped and end up giving the ball back to the Rams with plenty of time left and a timeout. If the Pats ever did that I'd be screaming.

That still doesn't make the non-call any better. That was the worst non-call that I can ever remember seeing.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
The Saints are a better team. They should have won that game.

They should be 2-0 versus the Rams.

I don't look at it like we were "robbed" of Brees v. Brady. Instead, I think of it like we dodged a bullet. The Rams will be tough, but Brees would have been a man on a mission to show that he belongs in the same conversation as Roethlisberger and E. Manning with their two rings and Williams with his two SB appearances. Brees is always lauded for his great stats, but, in recent years, he's been left out of a lot of conversations about the second tier of QB's behind Brady. This year, he worked himself back into that discussion and a second SB victory would have sent him to the head of the (second) class. In fact, this past week some mediots were even suggesting that he could be compared to Brady.

Right, I saw a Good Morning Football clip that talked about what winning another Superbowl would do to Brees’s and Brady’s Legacy. They said if Brees wins the SB the GOAT debate will be blown wide open, especially if he goes through Brady. I was like WTF.

I like Drew Brees and feel very bad for the Saints. But I’m kind of glad this phantom “GOAT debate” is dead without them playing each other. Brees and Brady faced the exact same situation at the end of the game. Their respective performance showed exactly who the GOAT is.

The Saints are a better team. They should have won that game.

They should be 2-0 versus the Rams.
It is really hard to win against the Rams including 3 referees living in LA and one of them is a former Ram :)

When the Saints had the ball with 1:40 left in the game and a first down in chip shot FG range, I started explaining to my wife what the Saints would do.

I told her they'd run the ball three times, make the Rams use their two remaining timeouts and kick the FG to take the lead, leaving the Rams no timeouts and less than a minute to play to try and tie the game.

Instead they throw a pass on first down that's dropped and end up giving the ball back to the Rams with plenty of time left and a timeout. If the Pats ever did that I'd be screaming.

That still doesn't make the non-call any better. That was the worst non-call that I can ever remember seeing.

There was no flag on the Chiefs for DPI on the Dorsett touchdown before halftime. It’s a good thing he held onto the ball. The defender tackled him head in about a second before the ball got there. That was as bad as the non-call in the Saints game...imagine if that was to win the game and he couldn’t hold on? The context of the game makes the call seem worse. Refs miss numerous blatant calls every game, including where the ball is.

Right, I saw a Good Morning Football clip that talked about what winning another Superbowl would do to Brees’s and Brady’s Legacy. They said if Brees wins the SB the GOAT debate will be blown wide open, especially if he goes through Brady. I was like WTF.

I like Drew Brees and feel very bad for the Saints. But I’m kind of glad this phantom “GOAT debate” is dead without them playing each other. Brees and Brady faced the exact same situation at the end of the game. Their respective performance showed exactly who the GOAT is.

Exactly what they used to say about Manning. Brady could have 10 Super Bowl wins, but Manning/Rodgers/Brees just need two to be the GOAT.

I strongly disagree.

Brees wins the game if the official doesn't make one of the worst decisions ever made by a ref.

Brady wins because an offsides call, for which the ref might have warned the offender.

Brees and Brady faced the exact same situation at the end of the game. Their respective performance showed exactly who the GOAT is.

Brady is the GOAT. And it isn't close. HOWEVER, if Brees had won the Super Bowl, Brees would be in the discussion for many. Folks might be saying that it might be close if Brees won again in 2019.

I strongly disagree.

Brees wins the game if the official doesn't make one of the worst decisions ever made by a ref.

Brady wins because an offsides call, for which the ref might have warned the offender.

Brady led THREE do-or-die touchdown drives. The call was bad, but at what point can you say enough is enough and consider that Brees played very poorly down the stretch and also won the coin flip? You cite the offsides call, but what about the Kelce fumble that was negated by a ticky tack defensive holding, or that absurd pick play? To boil it down to two calls that COULD have gone either way and disregard everything else you saw from these two QBs is ignoring the stark difference in their play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST