PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

just think....we were robbed of a Brady/Brees superbowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a terrible call. But Brees had plenty of chances at various points of the game to not make it come to that. What makes Brady so unreal is that he finds a way. No one - not even us, the people so insane we make thousands of posts on a Pats website - considers him “robbed” for the years he didn’t get it done. He’s always there and in the mix. 4 of the last 5 it’s gotten him to the final game. Brees...much much lower success rate. I don’t feel bad for him, for the league, or for anything. It’d be like feeling bad for 2012 Brady because of this call or this bad player not being enough. It makes TB all the more unreal for what he has done. Doesn’t have the perfect team? Wins anyway. Doesnt have a defense in 2011? Super Bowl. Doesn’t have Gronk in 2016? Super Bowl. Doesn’t have Jules in 2017? Super Bowl. Doesn’t have enough skill guys in 2018? Super Bowl. I don’t feel bad for anyone. You want it, go get it. “Robbed”? I don’t feel robbed of a Brees/Brady SB this year anymore than I feel robbed of a Brady/Rodgers SB in 2010 or 2014. Win or **** off.

Choppa Style vs. John Bon Jovi would have been a great matchup.. the hype would have been the "Hype for the Ages"...

I’m quickly losing respect for the Saints organization.

Wow.

I’ve seen much worse calls/non-calls many times. I guess whatever narrative keeps criticism away from precious Brees for the 10th consecutive year. The GOAT!

I'm on the fence on this one......

Definite: I would expect any fan base to be up in arms over a terrible call/non-call like the one we saw (and with such significance to the game).

What I'm on the fence about is whether I like the Saints themselves (Payton and Brees) publicly denouncing the non-call.

It's definitely a 'bad look' but I'm sure I would love it if BB and Brady voiced their problem with such a blatant bad call (not a questionable one).

Not to digress too much here but I was worried about a phantom holding call when the Pats had first and goal from the 5 in OT. A phantom holding call would have made the chance of TD (and game ending) much less likely.

Aside from the unis.. I find the contrasting match up more interesting.

Young coach v. Old coach.
Young QB. V. Old QB
East coast v. West coast
Boston v. LA

Then there's the Patriot rams rematch.. :cool:

After Brady the next pure pocket passer I fear is Brees. Don't want anybody getting in the way of #6. After #6 all bets are off.:D

Useless NE politicians did nothing after spygate

It’s such a different culture in NOLA. A guy like Felger for example would never make it in NOLA because the fans would run him out of town. Everyone here is a homer, whereas in New England people go out of their ways to not be homers and be contrarians.

If a New England politician did this you’d have half support and half eye rolls. In NOLA everyone will rally around the guy. It’s like a giant high school atmosphere and the Saints are the team.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
It's a damn shame that Brady and Brees have never squared off in the SB. It would be the best QB matchup since Elway/Montana (which actually turned out to be a pretty crappy match up).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes