PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

just think....we were robbed of a Brady/Brees superbowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIpats88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Hopefully Goodell is happy with his refs that we dont have this matchup because of one of the most blantant ref screw-ups in NFL history.

As a Patriots fan, I would rather face goff than brees....but as a football fan that would be an entertaining matchup.

Both guys 40+, both the best at their position, both teams screwed by Goodell making their way to the big one....

the Saints got screwed, but I like it this way..........any time ****erson or Faulk or Warner cry about the cheating that never happened, just say 'f*ck you, the Rams don't even belong in the game'

Eh I'm not one for making excuses. There were plenty of blown calls in LA's favour too. Lest we forget, in OT the Saints had their chances. LA even got called for DPI giving the Saints a 1st down. But immediately after Brees wasted the opportunity and threw the game sealing INT.

Sorry, guys. Saints had their chances. Saints robbed themselves with bad decision making in crunch time.

Eh I'm not one for making excuses. There were plenty of blown calls in LA's favour too. Lest we forget, in OT the Saints had their chances. LA even got called for DPI giving the Saints a 1st down. But immediately after Brees wasted the opportunity and threw the game sealing INT.

Sorry, guys. Saints had their chances. Saints robbed themselves with bad decision making in crunch time.

true but it should never have gotten to that point. if the correct call was made, saints would be taking 3 knees and kicking the field goal for the win with about 4 seconds left.

With each year, Brees becomes more like Peyton Manning and Sean Payton becomes more like John Harbaugh. They lost on an egregiously bad call but honestly? **** em. Good teams win despite bad calls. Payton had no intention of owning up to anything and Brees only cares about his stats now.

I love it. I would love nothing more than to shut up Eric ****erson for eternity.

When they do the map of what states are rooting for what team in the SB there will be a strange anomaly that outside of NE there's Patriots colors for Louisiana.

The game shouldn't have been close. They let the Rams stick around and put the game in the officials hands.

Was it a bad call? Yes. But the refs didn’t make Brees throw an INT Brett Favre style in OT.

Saints are boring, and their all black look is terrible. Rams already announced they are wearing their beautiful throwbacks. Aaron Donald scares the s**t out of me though.

The game shouldn't have been close. They let the Rams stick around and put the game in the officials hands.

This I would agree with....saints dominated the first half up until they let Cooks get free for the deep pass which gave the rams life.

I like the Saints a lot , they made a few bad coaching decisions, however it was a complete hose job. Let's be honest, if that happened to the Pats, none of us would remember a bad decision in the game, we would all be screaming bloody murder after a call like that. It was horrible and the refs were at their worse yesterday !

This is coming from a Saints fan.

If you remember back in week 16, there was a phantom PI call on the Steelers in the end zone, which resulted in a Saints TD. Throughout the week, we were hounded how we were "gifted", and the Steelers were "robbed". No matter how much we tried to spin how there were blown calls against the Saints, the narrative still stood how the Steelers were robbed of a playoff spot, and the Saints gifted a win.

My best advice to Rams fans (and other fans) - if you get this treatment by the media and fans over a similar incident like this, get used to it. There's nothing you can do about it. No spinning, no "but there were missed calls on us", etc. B/c one day the tables will be turned, and we were the ones doing all the griping this time around.

Good teams win despite bad calls. Payton had no intention of owning up to anything and Brees only cares about his stats now.

Was it a bad call? Yes. But the refs didn’t make Brees throw an INT Brett Favre style in OT.
This.

Despite whether or not a "bad call" happened earlier, the fact of the matter is the Saints were not only still in the game but in control of their own destiny. They made bad play calls, made bad decisions, and then the INT. Brees could have just thrown it away, or threw it in the dirt, but he isn't quite the decision maker many made him out to be. He can hit em when they're wide open, but he can't make good enough reads and can't make good enough decisions when it matters.

With each year, Brees becomes more like Peyton Manning and Sean Payton becomes more like John Harbaugh.
Yeah, Payton's words/actions after the game seemed really uncharacteristic of what I'm used to seeing from him. I have lost quite a bit of respect for the man and anyone in the organisation who are with him on it. Like the late, great Vince Lombardi once said:

"The winner has a program. The loser has excuses."

Hopefully Goodell is happy with his refs that we dont have this matchup because of one of the most blantant ref screw-ups in NFL history.

As a Patriots fan, I would rather face goff than brees....but as a football fan that would be an entertaining matchup.

Both guys 40+, both the best at their position, both teams screwed by Goodell making their way to the big one....

It would have been the greatest QB super bowl match up of all time. And we were screwed out of it. It would have been an instantly recognizable super bowl even before kick off.

The Montana/Marino one for instance wasn't a good game but people still talk about it because it had 2 HOF QBs in it. This would have been one that was remembered for the same reasons.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
So did we. We just got lucky that we have Brady. No other team in the NFL can overcome those odds.

With each year, Brees becomes more like Peyton Manning and Sean Payton becomes more like John Harbaugh. They lost on an egregiously bad call but honestly? **** em. Good teams win despite bad calls. Payton had no intention of owning up to anything and Brees only cares about his stats now.

This does Brees a disservice. He definitely cares about winning more than anything else. He is a great QB and a great role model and member of the community. Sure he had the goofy record celebrations but I’m fine with that. I can’t say anything negative about him and he should be in the Super Bowl right now.

I don't look at it like we were "robbed" of Brees v. Brady. Instead, I think of it like we dodged a bullet. The Rams will be tough, but Brees would have been a man on a mission to show that he belongs in the same conversation as Roethlisberger and E. Manning with their two rings and Williams with his two SB appearances. Brees is always lauded for his great stats, but, in recent years, he's been left out of a lot of conversations about the second tier of QB's behind Brady. This year, he worked himself back into that discussion and a second SB victory would have sent him to the head of the (second) class. In fact, this past week some mediots were even suggesting that he could be compared to Brady.

This does Brees a disservice. He definitely cares about winning more than anything else. He is a great QB and a great role model and member of the community. Sure he had the goofy record celebrations but I’m fine with that. I can’t say anything negative about him and he should be in the Super Bowl right now.

He'll never actually make it to full Peyton Manning status, he's just trending that way. Plus, Peyton cared about winning too. And Bud Light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News