PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

just think....we were robbed of a Brady/Brees superbowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geeeeeez... will the crying ever END??

This is what football has become, by and large due to the exposure of social media and replays going viral instantaneously.

As has been mentioned by others, the Saints had MULTIPLE opportunities to overcome. Brees even throws an INT after the play. You could argue the non-call on the pick play the Chiefs ran to take the lead late in the 4th quarter, giving TB12 only two minutes to overcome was equally as egregious. I mean, that play directly led to the other team scoring 6 points. Did the Pats hang their heads and *****? Or did they overcome? Or what about changing the catch rules right before the Superbowl last year? Pats ***** and whine about that or try to overcome? We lost the game on two very questionable catches by the Eagles that may not have been catches before that phantom rule change right before the SB.

I'm just done with all the crying about officiating. Get out there and get it done. If you lose, go home, re-group, come back next year and go to the F'N Superbowl! That's what winners do. Losers cry endlessly about calls that don't go their way when we all know every team out there gets several bad calls made against them every single game. Singling one call out as the deciding factor of a game is extremely misleading. Brees had plenty of opportunity to overcome it and failed. Rams executed. End of story. Great game.

I’m quickly losing respect for the Saints organization.

Wow.

I’ve seen much worse calls/non-calls many times. I guess whatever narrative keeps criticism away from precious Brees for the 10th consecutive year. The GOAT!

I’m quickly losing respect for the Saints organization.

Wow.

I’ve seen much worse calls/non-calls many times. I guess whatever narrative keeps criticism away from precious Brees for the 10th consecutive year. The GOAT!

Anyone who has played competitive football knows there are several missed calls every single game on both sides. That's football. And correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't the league office made it known that DPI was going to be a tougher call to get late in these playoff games? I do think it was DPI, obviously, but the message had been sent that they were going to let DBs play more physical late in these ballgames. In other words, can't rely on DPI bailouts in the playoffs. Rise above it.

McVay noted that on the drive preceding the controversial missed pass interference call, Rams quarterback Jared Goff had his facemask grabbed. If that penalty had been called, the Rams would have had first-and-goal at the 1-yard line, and would have had four chances to gain one yard and take a 24-20 lead. Instead it was third down, and the Rams settled for a field goal.

Sean McVay points out missed facemasking on Jared Goff

It's almost like there are several missed calls every game for every team in the NFL.

I strongly disagree.

Brees wins the game if the official doesn't make one of the worst decisions ever made by a ref.

Brady wins because an offsides call, for which the ref might have warned the offender.
Maybe...maybe not on the comparison.
I don't know how often refs actually do warn about potential rules violations (and I doubt there are any stats :)), but at least the tape shows that he was clearly lined up over the blue line, by at least six inches and maybe a foot.

Boy, I sure am glad the Patriots don't make up as many excuses as the people on this website. Its a loser mentality

Anyone who has played competitive football knows there are several missed calls every single game on both sides. That's football. And correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't the league office made it known that DPI was going to be a tougher call to get late in these playoff games? I do think it was DPI, obviously, but the message had been sent that they were going to let DBs play more physical late in these ballgames. In other words, can't rely on DPI bailouts in the playoffs. Rise above it.
That non-call was more than allowing DBs to play more physical later in games. That was nothing whatsoever less than gross negligence, if not worse.

McVay noted that on the drive preceding the controversial missed pass interference call, Rams quarterback Jared Goff had his facemask grabbed. If that penalty had been called, the Rams would have had first-and-goal at the 1-yard line, and would have had four chances to gain one yard and take a 24-20 lead. Instead it was third down, and the Rams settled for a field goal.

Sean McVay points out missed facemasking on Jared Goff
What disingenuous feckin bullshyte. That little whiff of contact had nothing whatsoever to do with the result of that play.

What disingenuous feckin bullshyte. That little whiff of contact had nothing whatsoever to do with the result of that play.

Whether it effected the play or not doesn't matter; touching a QB's facemask is an automatic penalty and first down, whether it effects the play or not. It was a clear missed call that altered the game. The Rams were called for 7 penalties; the Saints were called for 3 penalties. As someone who had no big preference for who won but watched the game closely, I thought the Saints were the beneficiaries of numerous calls and that this was way too much for a slight HFA edge. If the Patriots get a big missed call against them while still in the midst of a highly winnable game (where they still plenty of chances to win), I sure hope the coach and quarterback don't completely melt down like this. What an embarrassment. I can't believe that after winning the OT coin toss, they are still crying like this.

Agreed. I saw the replay of that. Is it a penalty? Yes. Was it brutal? No.

Now launching yourself into a receiver and hitting him in the head and clearly denying any ability to make a play on the football...thats totally different. Missed calls like facemasks such as that happen frequently. A blatant PI and hit to the head like that don’t.

Thats the difference.

Well, the game didn't end there. There was plenty of opportunity for the Saints after that call. They take advantage, and people don't remember the miscall.

I don’t care who NE plays... I just want NE to win.

Eh, if the rams end up being the better matchup i wont be sad at all. All i care about is another ring! Dont care who it comes against. I hope we win and its the boringest game ever in fact

The Saints were ahead 23-20 after that drive.

How come their defense didn't make the stop?
How come after the Saints won the OT toss, took the ball to begin OT, and were awarded a 1st down via DPI they failed by throwing an INT?

Excuses, excuses, excuses. C'mon guys, didn't your daddies teach you not to be that guy who always makes excuses? Surely, this many people didn't have spineless/stupid parents.... Even Brees himself said in the postgame interview "Well, nothing we can do about it. On to the next play."

Winners don't dwell on this kind of thing. Winners forget about it and focus on what they need to do to win. Sean Payton has a loser mentality. To say the call lost them the game, when his defense could have made a stop, when his offense had the ball first in OT, its no wonder they haven't been able to make it back to the super bowl since 09.

The Saints were ahead 23-20 after that drive.

How come their defense didn't make the stop?
How come after the Saints won the OT toss, took the ball to begin OT, and were awarded a 1st down via DPI they failed by throwing an INT?

Excuses, excuses, excuses. C'mon guys, didn't your daddies teach you not to be that guy who always makes excuses? Surely, this many people didn't have spineless/stupid parents.... Even Brees himself said in the postgame interview "Well, nothing we can do about it. On to the next play."

Winners don't dwell on this kind of thing. Winners forget about it and focus on what they need to do to win. Sean Payton has a loser mentality. To say the call lost them the game, when his defense could have made a stop, when his offense had the ball first in OT, its no wonder they haven't been able to make it back to the super bowl since 09.

There was a good article/blog about the difference in expectations between Payton/Brees and McCarthy/Rodgers. I’ll try to find it later. It is quite a double standard in the way these two coach/QB duos are rated and criticized (or in the case of Payton/Brees not criticized.). Saints won the SB in 2009, Packers in 2010. Supposedly Brees is as good as Rodgers, according to Saints fans, so why is it he is never under fire for his lackluster showings?

The NYFL does not care. They want a champ in LA for the new stadium. Pats will have to beat the refs too next Sunday.

Now a congressman from New Orleans wants congressional hearings about a missed call. Anyone else swayed that this team and city are over the top ridiculous at this point?

U.S. Congressman wants Roger Goodell to testify before an antitrust subcommittee

my friend, you have to understand....first off, it was A TERRIBLE CALL

secondly, here, the saints are 4th only behind: food, music, drink

the easiest way for a politician to lose re-election is by not sending a bogus letter/threat to NFL for show

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News