PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just in time, the Ravens defense is tuning up for the Chiefs

I don't disagree that the Chargers pose a greater threat, but a Ravens at Chiefs game that looked like a blowout four weeks ago now looks like a rock fight for the Chiefs, particularly with their running back gone. Andy Reid versus Jim Harbaugh is a fair fight - one can't manage the clock and the other one doesn't know the rules.

I would not be shocked if the Pats are the number one seed in the AFC after the dust settles next week.

Maybe, but KC has a huge quarterback advantage. Ravens may start RGIII.

I wouldn't bet on the Ravens being able to score enough to keep up with KC (even without Hunt, who's a big loss for sure). But the Patriots aren't the only good team in the league that loses a game they shouldn't every year. Weird things happen, and a couple of big blunders like a muffed punt or some bad officiating can turn a laugher into a tight game where one bounce is the difference.

The big key is the Pats need to take care of their own business and give themselves the best chance to come out ahead as they can. We only need one stumble by KC (and maybe one by LA as well) and we're golden, IF we keep winning.

Lamar Jackson keeping up with Patrick Mahomes? LOL. If the chiefs are going to lose any game, it's @ Seattle, who's playing lights out right now.

Lamar Jackson is doing what we all thought he could do he's young and if he ever gets the throwing part of his Game Down Franchise QB...wish we had Drafted him. That said they are Undefeated with him: what's the old saying "IF you can Run the Football and play Good Defense = recipe for winning." Ravens are playing for their Division the Chiefs will get a game from them win or lose Book it.

I’m not going to use the falcons as the litmus test. That offense hasn’t been the same since shanny left and sark took over.

Yep, they're 12-14 since 28-3. It's a good reminder of the extraordinary mental toughness the Pats have shown, always returning at a high level even after gut-wrenching losses.

Yep, they're 12-14 since 28-3. It's a good reminder of the extraordinary mental toughness the Pats have shown, always returning at a high level even after gut-wrenching losses.
I don't think the SB collapse has anything to do with their crap record this year. ATL went to the playoffs the following year.

Injuries to the O and D really hurt them this year.

I don't think the SB collapse has anything to do with their crap record this year. ATL went to the playoffs the following year.

They did squeak into the playoffs the following year, but there was definitely a hangover--they started the season 2-4.

But you're right, time moves quickly in the NFL and this Falcons team looks plenty different from 2016.

The Collapse has Absolutely something to do with their record this season, and the sooner that Arthur Blank Stare comes to the realization that he will NEVER win with this HC/QB combo, the sooner he can start looking for the solution.

I think it's other way around a Sound Ground Game keeps a Garbage Defense on the Field and an Elite O off it.

I think he’s talking about killing the clock with a great running game. I don’t see Hunt as a clock killing RB though.

I think he’s talking about killing the clock with a great running game. I don’t see Hunt as a clock killing RB though.

How so? Hunt moves the chains. Moving the chains = burning the clock. Of course, he was also a home run threat (as we know full well) too. But yes, that was what I was referring to. The KC offense should still be very good without him. They just won't be lethal.

The Collapse has Absolutely something to do with their record this season, and the sooner that Arthur Blank Stare comes to the realization that he will NEVER win with this HC/QB combo, the sooner he can start looking for the solution.
How can you prove 2016 impacts 2018?

How so? Hunt moves the chains. Moving the chains = burning the clock. Of course, he was also a home run threat (as we know full well) too. But yes, that was what I was referring to. The KC offense should still be very good without him. They just won't be lethal.

Hunt is defnitely a chain mover, but because he’s so talented he can get you down the field real quick, which will put your defense back on the field right away. If you just need a guy to knock off 6-7 minutes, there are others.

I am most worried about Eric Berry being cleared to play. He will make that defense a decent one all by himself, IMO.

The Ravens can slow down the Chiefs the same Denver did, but they gotta score points with Lamar Jackson at QB and a RBBC.....at least with Flacco...he could hit John Brown down the seams....

KC is still going to put up at least 24-27 on the Ravens D. Can Lamar Jackson & Co. score more than that?

I am most worried about Eric Berry being cleared to play. He will make that defense a decent one all by himself, IMO.

The Ravens can slow down the Chiefs the same Denver did, but they gotta score points with Lamar Jackson at QB and a RBBC.....at least with Flacco...he could hit John Brown down the seams....

KC is still going to put up at least 24-27 on the Ravens D. Can Lamar Jackson & Co. score more than that?

Talking about that Ravens RBBC approach in three Games Lamar Jackson has 119 - 71 and 75 rushing yards. I think they can more than slow the Game down and keep that High Powered KC O on the bench.

Not anymore.

The 2-10 Raiders did last week.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back