PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Root for Chiefs or Chargers?

1 of the Chiefs or Chargers will be seed 5 (or 6) since they're the same division.

I'm rooting for Chiefs to win and then get upset by the Chargers in the divisional round.

Thanks. I didn't know that. I'll gladly root against KC and I do expect them to lose at least one more. I thought the Ravens would beat them and it it almost happened.

Don't care. The Patriots are healthier right now than everybody in the AFC hunt. The Patriots can beat anybody in the field at home in the second round (if they decide to tackle the guy with the Go%#&mn football). If the Patriots have to go on the road in the AFCC, they made their bed and need to cowboy up.

Deep down, I think the Ravens are going to play the Patriots in the AFCC. They came within a whisker of knocking off the Chiefs who we know are vulnerable to teams that can run the ball and disrupt the Chiefs passblocking.

Besides, I hate Dean Spanos for being a **** and moving the Chargers to Los Angeles after 55 years in San Diego. The Spanos family basically tried to extort the City of San Diego for $1 billion stadium and rejected its offer to spend $350 million in taxpayer money with $100 million added by the other NFL owners. It was embarrassing to the NFL and outright cruel to the fan base.

Original owner Alex Spanos died in October 2018 - a good thing. He never saw them win a Super Bowl. I hope they wait until after Dean Spanos' luck runs out to win one.

Unfortunately for the Chargers, their 2 starting RB, namely #1 - Melvin Gordon has been ruled out.

1 of the Chiefs or Chargers will be seed 5 (or 6) since they're the same division.

I'm rooting for Chiefs to win and then get upset by the Chargers in the divisional round.
Yeah - if KC takes the AFCW there's a really good chance they'll play LAC in the divisional round. In that scenario LAC is almost certainly the 5 seed and will be on the road against the 4, who will be either PIT or BAL, so eminently winnable for LAC. If they win they'll go to KC for the divisional unless 6 upsets 3. (If 6 upsets 3 then LAC will go on the road to the 2 seed.)

Unfortunately for the Chargers, their 2 starting RB, namely #1 - Melvin Gordon has been ruled out.

He has? He practiced yesterday, albeit in a limited manner.

Chargers I guess for the better first seed field.

But I'm worried that Rivers, LT, Sproles, Michael Turner, V. Jackson, Gates, Merriman and the rest of the squad will want to get revenge on the Patriots for 2006 and 2007 if the Pats happen to play them.

Chargers I guess for the better first seed field.

But I'm worried that Rivers, LT, Sproles, Michael Turner, V. Jackson, Gates, Merriman and the rest of the squad will want to get revenge on the Patriots for 2006 and 2007 if the Pats happen to play them.

The Chargers are a solid team. There is a contingent of posters that constantly beat their drums about our "trash" defense that will "give up 50" to Pittsburgh. The Chargers defeated Pittsburgh.

Go LA. I am hoping for a very good game to watch.

Is it bad that I hope the Chiefs win out so we don’t have to think of the “what if’s” of losing that Miami game? :(

Chargers, we've seen the Chiefs show already. If they get that far I'd love to see a Brady/Rivers AFCCG and a Brady/Brees SB. Gifts from the football gods to some entertaining veteran QB's. The clock is ticking on all 3 of them.

I've had enough heart stopping drama. I'd prefer to see the Patriots just win the Super Bowl by some kind of forfeit.

It is difficult to predict which team is going play well against the Patriots in the playoff. I just root for the Patriots to win every game.

I thought there might be more chance of hoping for the two seed now than the one and wasn't sure if the Chargers keep winning they can take that from us and we'd get neither.
Wild card is 5 or 6 seed automatically.

chargers. I don’t think 1 seed is very likely at all but if there is a chance, the more likely scenario is sd losing to balti + kc losing @ seattle than kc losing their last 2 games. So sd would need to win tomorrow

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back