PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Root for Chiefs or Chargers?

Chargers having home field advantage is nonexistent because only 10 fans will be there

Chiefs always choke in home playoff games. I believe their loss to the Titans marked 5 or 6 straight home playoff losses. An NFL record

So either way, y’all win

I enjoy games better when I don't care who wins ...

that said ... I going to settle in and just watch it ... hope it's a great game.

Chargers. I'd rather have to play a road game in L.A. than Arrowhead in the playoffs. Hell, that would probably end up being a home game for the Patriots.
I think the current stadium only holds around 30k, IIRC. You have to figure that it would likely be something around a 60/40 LA split, at worst.

That sounds like a walk in the park compared to playing at Arrowhead in the postseason, which is arguably the loudest stadium in the league. The team would already have their work cut out for them in that matchup.

Hopefully there's a place in Tulum showing that game tonight. Does anyone know of one?

Idk. The last couple of times that I rooted for a specific team, the result ended up being a bad matchup & either an early playoff exit or a flat-out SB loss (Ex: Eagles 2017, Giants 2011, BAL 2012)

If the chargers beat the chiefs and both teams loose another one, who will win the AFC West? If its Kansas City, then New England owns the tie breaker (considering they win out = all teams are 12-4), but if its the chargers, who owns the tie breaker between NE and LA?

If the chargers beat the chiefs and both teams loose another one, who will win the AFC West? If its Kansas City, then New England owns the tie breaker (considering they win out = all teams are 12-4), but if its the chargers, who owns the tie breaker between NE and LA?

Chargers have the tie breaker over every team as long as they win out. NE has way more conference losses compared to LA, so NE would become the 2 seed.

Rooting for Chargers for obvious reasons, but I think KC wins tonight. Not having Gordon and Ekeler will hurt, especially in the cold when you need to run the ball.

Rooting for Chargers for obvious reasons, but I think KC wins tonight. Not having Gordon and Ekeler will hurt, especially in the cold when you need to run the ball.
Is Gordon definitely out?

EDIT: He traveled with the team to KC and looks like he will be a game time decision.

Last edited:
Is Gordon definitely out?

EDIT: He traveled with the team to KC and looks like he will be a game time decision.

thanks. Tyreek Hill and Berry are playing tonight for KC, so LA needs all the help they can get.

The way KC has played up to now is deserving of the AFC #1. Andy Reed still have to prove that he can win in the Playoffs and playing at Arrowhead Stadium is not like playing in Denver so I like our chances. IF the Chargers win I can live with that too.:cool:

Chargers will face a 3 road game scenario unless they win the AFCW.

Chargers will face a 3 road game scenario unless they win the AFCW.

Yeah they would be a heck of 5th for any 4th seed and they would get KC in the Second Round. So they would be meeting for third time: what are the odds of the Chiefs beating them Three times in the same year??

Chargers having home field advantage is nonexistent because only 10 fans will be there

Chiefs always choke in home playoff games. I believe their loss to the Titans marked 5 or 6 straight home playoff losses. An NFL record

So either way, y’all win
Yup pretty sure Joe Montana QB'ed their last home playoff win.

Root for the Chargers, no question. Hope to still steal the 1 seed or have the Chargers get homefield. It'd be a neutralish field with like 60% Pats fans for us. Not real worried about slipping to the 3 seed.

Meh, Chargers have no real shot.

Chargers have the tie breaker over every team as long as they win out. NE has way more conference losses compared to LA, so NE would become the 2 seed.

Actually they don't. If the Pats win out, they have AFC losses against JAX, MIA, TEN. If the chargers beat the chiefs and loose against either the Ravens or the broncos, they will have AFC losses against KC, DEN, BAL/DEN. Both NE and the chargers will have one loss against a NFC team (Lions and Rams). So still: Who wins the AFC West (how does the tie breaker work, if each of KC/LAC has won one game) and if the chargers win the AFC West, who has the tie breaker between NE and the chargers?

Actually they don't. If the Pats win out, they have AFC losses against JAX, MIA, TEN. If the chargers beat the chiefs and loose against either the Ravens or the broncos, they will have AFC losses against KC, DEN, BAL/DEN. Both NE and the chargers will have one loss against a NFC team (Lions and Rams). So still: Who wins the AFC West (how does the tie breaker work, if each of KC/LAC has won one game) and if the chargers win the AFC West, who has the tie breaker between NE and the chargers?

As I said, IF the chargers win out they have the tie breaker over NE. By definition of “winning out,” it means they don’t lose to KC or Baltimore.

If the KC and LA are tied, the tie breaker is divisional record followed by common games. According to the ESPN playoff machine, KC wins the division over LAC if they are tied with the same record. Really the only way LAC can realistically win the division is to win out, and if they win out, they get the 1 seed regardless of what NE does.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back