PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Julio Jones (June 6 Update - Traded to the Titans)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can speculate on scenarios that would’ve led the Pats not to make this deal, but going on what we actually know this is a big miss.

Bill being bill.
Yup. Sure is. He has the horrendous distinction of a 7-9 (2020) and 9-7 (2002). Can you imagine how much of a rip off BB is ?!!? I mean, if the coach can’t win more than BB, isn’t it time to move on ? Sure every other year since 2001, he’s won double digits, but still….

Look at the contracts given to Bakhtiari and Adams, in addition to huge contract for Rodgers. The Packers have an excellent roster considering how much cap space is tied up with those superstars who directly enhance his production. He’s a whiny *****.
Their roster overall has been mediocre for years. But there was no excuse for his epic playoff disaster in 2014.

Is Rodgers going to take a pay cut? Adams is a free agent after this season and he will likely be looking to get paid 20 million per year.
This a good example of why Rodgers won’t come back. He’ll lose his only legit threat on offense.

Maybe a bit disappointed we didn't get him for this price, but I was always on the fence. There's a real chance this is purely short term and may or may not involve an extension that would have been a bad idea for us to give him.

Yup. Sure is. He has the horrendous distinction of a 7-9 (2020) and 9-7 (2002). Can you imagine how much of a rip off BB is ?!!? I mean, if the coach can’t win more than BB, isn’t it time to move on ? Sure every other year since 2001, he’s won double digits, but still….

Farn failing at sarcasm.

Consider that we can use the money to extend Gilmore and still have money left over, plus a 2022 draft pick. And, we still might add a player or two for the future at CB and WR.

Someone explain to me why Mohammed Sanu was worth a second round pick, but Julio is not...
Maybe it was worth it to Bill to overpay just to make his quarterback stop whining/pouting, at least for a little while. Anyone who doesn’t think Brady had a big role in the Sanu is fooling himself.

Plus, during the deadline in 2019, the Falcons were dealing from a position of strength, and took advantage of the market.

Finally, it’s very possible that BB was willing to give up with the same draft capital as the Titans but wasn’t willing to absorb the entire contract. You are thinking on a very superficial, emotional level, without any facts from the Patriots point of view.

Last edited:
Someone explain to me why Mohammed Sanu was worth a second round pick, but Julio is not...
Because the Falcons simply asked for it. I posted articles several times on here Bill getting baited into giving up a 2nd for him. Bill thought other teams were interested in Sanu, but he didn’t know his biggest competition being the 9ers backed out quickly when the Falcons asked for a second round pick. They moved on and traded for Sanders while Bill thought he had competing offers.

It was a rare freak out move by Bill.

Even with Julio the Titans aren’t explosive enough on offense to overcome their defense and will still be a run first team. They lost Davis and Smith and gained a 32-year-old Julio. Is that really a major upgrade for their offense?

whatever happened to uncle rico?...he was a really good poster.

tenn had the inside track with arthur smith. where's the outrage from espn. supposedly caserio trading watson to the patriots(pre massage gate) was a no no. i didn't hear squat from espn when jeter gifted stanton to the yankees.

Last edited:
Green Bay once again is allergic to adding help for their star QB. While both Farve and Rodgers became choke artists, their front office didn’t do them anybody favors by letting the rosters erode.
Their allergy is stoked by Rodgers now being on a contract that averages $33.5M per year and him wanting more.

Hard for them to build the overall talent level with so much $$$ going to one guy.

Source:

So BB trades a 2nd for Sanu but not Julio....makes perfect sense
Now that's an original take! Thanks for sharing!

Not this :poop: again, sigh..

We paid top dollar at the trade deadline to hope to get one more playoff run for the dynasty, and that player promptly got injured.

That pick ended up being #55 so near the end of the 2nd, and if we had gone further it would have been even further back.

In short we had to overpay back then to try to meet short term goals.

Now our team is more focused on long term goals so adding an expensive, aging and often injured WR doesn't make sense.

But hey the fellowship of the miserable need more misery for their life to make sense to them, so we know how sports talk radio will play this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST