PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Julio Jones (June 6 Update - Traded to the Titans)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think as each day passes, its better for the Patriots.
My point is he doesn’t know what BB, Vrabel, or Atlanta are discussing and if Julio is pushing more for one team over the other?
It’s all conjecture he doesn’t know.
So as opposed to saying Patriots fans shouldn’t get excited he should say nobody knows at this point what’s going to happen.

Hopefully, Bill and Mike talked and agreed to not go into the first round with their offers regardless. The classic "It's not what you know, it's who you know".

A “high mid-rounder” plus asking Atlanta to take on the salary, and telling Atlanta to sleep on it? That sounds like the Belichick I know!
It sounds like there aren't many 1st round offers coming in for an aging, although still excellent wide receiver on a market level contract, who missed 1/2 of last season with injury, on a team in cap hell.

A 3rd for julio and Atlanta eats 3 million of cap hit. That's BB price. Falcons have no play here.

If that's the offer, they would be able to do better elsewhere.

They probably can, but that would be my highest offer too, the only difference being the 3rd-rounder would become a 2nd based on realistic incentives...kinda like how the Mo' Snuze trade should've gone down...

Last edited:
A “high mid-rounder” plus asking Atlanta to take on the salary, and telling Atlanta to sleep on it? That sounds like the Belichick I know!
I don't think that "taking on salary" can happen without Jones sign a new contract.

I would think that any deal would not involve a new contract. The new team can restructure and/or renegotiate when Jones is on the team.

It sounds like the nonsense we were getting leading up to the draft, and that was almost 100% falsehoods.

It will almost certainly come down to which team will take on the most of Jones salary rather than draft capital.

Screw it..tell Atlanta we won’t accept anything less than a 1st for Hall...:cool:

Last edited:
Sounds like SEA, KC, GB, BUF, LAC & LAR.

:rofl: Cam has arm strength, it’s the touch & ball placement I’m worried about.

Last edited:
Sounds like SEA, KC, GB, BUF, LAC & LAR.

:rofl:

I don't think that the negotiations have been turned over to Julio. Unless there is a new contract BEFORE a trade, ATL can trade Julio to wherever is best for ATL. The trade partner's QB could be an issue, but only if the pick(s) received are conditional on performance.

Last edited:
I don't think that the negotiations have been turned over to Julio. Unless there is a new contract BEFORE a trade, ATL can trade Julio to wherever is best for ATL. The trade partner's AB could be an issue, but only if the pick(s) received are conditional on performance.
Agreed. I just based it off narrative haha.

Cam has arm strength, it’s the touch & ball placement I’m worried about.
Arm strength? Where was his arm strength when he couldn’t throw a Hail Mary more than 50 yards?

it was painful to watch him throw the ball more than 20 yards. Probably why he had a small amount of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe