PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Lynch signs with Pats (Confirmed by Schefter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: John Lynch signs with Pats? (Unconfirmed)

So I get to change the thread title for the fourth time? I'm going conservative on this one...:p

Sorry Patchick for making you do that - Did this take some time out of your day today figuring out what percentages of players names were spelled wrong? :p:)

per schefter signed!!!

'' PATS SIGN LYNCH (PART TWO)
Posted by Mike Florio on August 14, 2008, 4:51 p.m.

We reported earlier in the day that the Patriots had signed veteran safety John Lynch. Coach Bill Belichick thereafter said at a press conference that Lynch had not signed a contract.

It might have all been a matter of semantics, since Lynch is now signed, according to Adam Schefter of NFL Network.

Per Schefter, Lynch has inked a one-year, $1.5 million contract.

It’s the third career team for the nine-time Pro Bowler, who was a key member of the Buccaneers’ defense of the late ’90s and early portion of the current decade. After being cut by the Bucs, he spent four years with the Broncos.

Lynch is expected to be a situational player, and don’t be surprised if he lines up from time to time at linebacker. ''

Good signing if it's true:cool:

Re: Schefter: Pats Sign Lynch!

Nice Find Sir Nice Find...

So, when does our LOCAL media join the party?...LOL. :D

Seriously I feel like I’ve been taking crazy pills.. wouldn’t they be among the first to break this news

Last edited:

So hiring one of the older safeties in the league warrants an exclamation point. ;)

I wonder who gets cut. I mean: Who gets cut!

:singing::singing::singing:

OMFG Super Bowl, here we come! Lynch was definitely the missing piece of the puzzle!

So hiring one of the older safeties in the league warrants an exclamation point. ;)

I wonder who gets cut. I mean: Who gets cut!
No one. Just wait until: Who gets hurt? Insurance policy and a pretty good one.

how about this for 'drama' .Lynch goes back to Tampa this sunday nite :)

First Rodney was told by San Diego that he was washed up, over the hill, and no longer an every down safety. We picked him up in 2003, and he was the heart and soul of back to back championship defenses.

The parallel to Lynch in 2008 couldn't be more striking. I get it.

QB12

Alright, I'm changing it...but if Lynch doesn't really sign, he can come and change the title back himself! :p

how about this for 'drama' .Lynch goes back to Tampa this sunday nite :)

I thought of that too. He's got a chip on his shoulder and will play like that this year. Watch out. The Patriots just added another headhunter to the secondary. Between Lynch, Meriweather and Rodney - forget it.

QB12

Last edited:

GREAT confirmation!!! Dillard..I asked on the other thread..and it makes sense...unless a Shoate or a Jimoh really have stunk up the joint...It won't be an OL or a DL or a LB...they are pretty thin at CB...but??? That is my guess...

Replacing one Stanford Guy with another.I like the move. John Lynch brings leadership,poise,intensity, and intelligence to the Team.These traits never hurt any team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back