PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Lynch signs with Pats (Confirmed by Schefter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
great pick up, now just get ty law and everything will be set

great pick up, now just get ty law and everything will be set

For what the early bird special at Denny's. That would be an old ass defense.

I was actually thinking that he was signed later in the day because Bill B. possibly wanted to take a look at who he might want to get rid of. I wouldn't doubt if it's the new guy we just signed. Apparently, he had a bad day.

Sheppard has been designated to second string... in Philly (Per Profootballtalk) Give up a third for him or maybe sd's 2nd rounder?

It's funny reading thru some of the comments at the Bronco's message board about this, everyone was wishing him well and sad to see him go and then like a light switch was hit, everyone changed their tune to him being washed up and only wanting a ring (o' the humanity) and can't believe he'd be happy here with all the cheating.....it was pure comedy reading thru the posts.

Last edited:
I know that this is semantics but Schefter confirms that John

Lynch has agreed to a contract. The agreement would not be

official until it is signed. Once in a great while, a player agrees

to a contract and then backs out. It has happened to the Pats

a couple of times. When Lynch actually signs the contract and it is

approved by the league, the Patriots will make an announcement and

cut a player.

Sheppard has been designated to second string... in Philly (Per Profootballtalk) Give up a third for him or maybe sd's 2nd rounder?

Ok, Yes. Do I have the power to make that happen?

Call BB and SP on the PatPhone and sey Do it in your best ben stiller voice from starsky and hutch

Finally Reiss has it!!!! But who is cut???...ahhh you beat me to it!!!

Last edited:
Good Question. Glad he spurned the Jets

Finally Reiss has it!!!! But who is cut???...ahhh you beat me to it!!!

I'd say one of the last two signings which were signed only because Tank went on IR.

For what the early bird special at Denny's. That would be an old ass defense.

I was actually thinking that he was signed later in the day because Bill B. possibly wanted to take a look at who he might want to get rid of. I wouldn't doubt if it's the new guy we just signed. Apparently, he had a bad day.

the D does not have to be great, it just has to be decent and the offense will score enough to win the game....unless they cant stop the pass rush

Re: John Lynch signs with Pats

Boy I disgree. He looked ancient in Denver last year. I was hoping he'd go on speed dial in case Rodney or Sanders got seriously hurt.

That being said, maybe he can be a LB/S hybrid, but I doubt he's even fast enough to be a coverage linebacker any more.

He was a Pro Bowl replacement last year so he obviously has something still going on; BB will utilize him so he can only succeed, he won't ask him to do things he can't, and its a zone defense that he will play mostly in, where vision and instincts can overcome a lack of speed.

Harrison
Sanders
Meriweather
Lynch

Thats not a bad group of safeties, a nice combo of youth and veterans

Vets teaching the Youth... Should be fun to watch.. Obviously like most concerned about the offensive line

If Lynch has made 9 Pro Bowls, hopefully does that mean he's politically popular and can help get us some good calls from the refs?

He was a Pro Bowl replacement last year so he obviously has something still going on

Do you seriously believe that?

I'm happy if he fills that hybrid role, but don't you think name recognition had a lot more to do with it than his play?

Last edited:

Do you seriously believe that?

I'm happy if he fills that hybrid role, but don't you think name recognition had a lot more to do with it than his play?

I've seen BB do this with players before; I'm saying Lynch is still good, but BB will only play him in situational packages, like that hybrid role you mentioned. And yes I do believe he still has talent, otherwise they wouldn't have signed him. He knoews the game well and he knows zones well, he smart and seems like he'd fit right in despite him falling off; I mean look at Junior, he was cut by the ****ty Dolphins which doesn't say much about Jr, but look what he did the last two years.

I've seen BB do this with players before; I'm saying Lynch is still good, but BB will only play him in situational packages, like that hybrid role you mentioned. And yes I do believe he still has talent, otherwise they wouldn't have signed him. He knoews the game well and he knows zones well, he smart and seems like he'd fit right in despite him falling off; I mean look at Junior, he was cut by the ****ty Dolphins which doesn't say much about Jr, but look what he did the last two years.

I agree completely.

I just don't think a declining vet getting a replacement pro bowl nod means anything more than name recognition and sentiment.

I remember baseball scrambling to get people to vote to avoid the embarassment when Luis Aparicio almost won the starting shortstop position the year after he retired.

[details fade. If anyone remembers this (he was on the Sox) lease verify.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back