P. Manning played to 39
Rivers played to 39
Roethlisberger probably done at 39
Warner played to 38
E. Manning played to 38
Palmer played to 38
Romo played to 36
McNabb played to 35
I am glad you posted this. There is literally no difference in the amount of QBs playing later in their career from Joe's era compared to now.
The game is just as brutal regardless of the rule changes.

One thing to also note, Joe left the pocket a ton. He was a very athletic guy. The hit from the Giants you posted he was out of the pocket. Most QBs tend to get really hurt when they do that often.

Brady is just so much smarter and better than everyone else and also a bit of a freak genetically and definitely a different cat mentally to want to continue to play and have the same fire at 44 that he had at 23.

For Montana to hand wave all of that off and whine about the rules makes him look incredibly small. But I suppose it's all he's got at this point. Very sad.

I am glad you posted this. There is literally no difference in the amount of QBs playing later in their career from Joe's era compared to now.
The game is just as brutal regardless of the rule changes.

One thing to also note, Joe left the pocket a ton. He was a very athletic guy. The hit from the Giants you posted he was out of the pocket. Most QBs tend to get really hurt when they do that often.

Brady is just so much smarter and better than everyone else and also a bit of a freak genetically and definitely a different cat mentally to want to continue to play and have the same fire at 44 that he had at 23.

For Montana to hand wave all of that off and whine about the rules makes him look incredibly small. But I suppose it's all he's got at this point. Very sad.
I don't feel sad for JM at all and I can understand how he feels when I look at it from his position. He spent 3 decades being applauded as the GOAT, then TB comes along and wins in 01, 03 and 04, threatening to pass JM.

Then the Pats and TB have a decade long drought and I'm sure JM is feeling like the GOAT still.
But then, a really interesting thing happened. TB won it all again in 14, 16, 18 and 20, and did it from the ages of 37 thru 43. Things were settled. In a sense that second run came quickly and I'm sure surprised JM.

If JM or any of his worshipers have a problem with TB's status as the GOAT I have two words for them. Tough sh!t.

:)

Meant Unitas.
I know. They were a vocal bunch back in the day. Some of those octogenarians still say he’s the best ever.

I know. They were a vocal bunch back in the day. Some of those octogenarians still say he’s the best ever.
Well I don't know if he was the best ever but he sure was fun to watch.

I like to say 7 gold medals and 3 silvers >>>> 4 golds and 0 silvers
FIFY
Nobody is celebrating a silver medal against Eli & Foles. At least I'm not.

What I'm trying to say is that even though the rules have changed to better protect the QBs, it's still a rough game and injuries still happen. All the time. He implies that Brady can play longer because of the rule changes. If that were true, wouldn't Manning still be playing? Or Brees? Is Brady the only QB to benefit? What am I missing.
What people dont get, is throwing a flag on a horrible hit to the QB does not make the hit not happen. QB's today are facing guys that would make Joe pee down his leg if he saw them then. 280 pound guys running a 4.6 40 Who can have like a 46 inch vertical. Rules do not protect you from taking the hit. Just because there is a red light does not mean a car wont run it and hit you anyway.

FIFY
Nobody is celebrating a silver medal against Eli & Foles. At least I'm not.
The point is though celebrating not losing a Superbowl when the reason he didn't is because he didnt make any more than the 4.

Joe's been bitter with comments for over 15 years. It's not even close now with Brady's 7 rings but Joe is still like this. It diminishes him that he's insecure about it.

Joe's been bitter with comments for over 15 years. It's not even close now with Brady's 7 rings but Joe is still like this. It diminishes him that he's insecure about it.

What's interesting is no Qb has surpassed Joe in playoff wins other than Brady and of course Brady more than doubled him. He would still be the unanimous Goat if not for Brady.

What's interesting is no Qb has surpassed Joe in playoff wins other than Brady and of course Brady more than doubled him. He would still be the unanimous Goat if not for Brady.
If not for Brady is an interesting thought that could be expanded to include all of the NYFL.
If not for Brady...
Pedton wouldn't have had as many one and dones.
The Steelers would have a much better playoff record and a couple more rings.

Joe doesn't understand why Tom is more durable than Jimmy Garoppolo, Russell Wilson, Aaron Rogers, and a bunch of others at 44 years old.

You shouldn’t be rewarded by history for losing earlier.

For a nice example would Labron’s legacy somehow be better if he hadn’t won the Eastern Conference a bunch of times to then face the Warriors buzzsaw? If he was 4-2 in the Finals instead of 4-6 or whatever he is would that be better?

Moon played to 44
Krieg played to 40
Montana played to 38
Elway played to 38
Marino played to 38
Young played to 38
Simms played to 38
Cunningham played to 38
Kelly played to 36
Fouts played to 36

Brees played to 41
Favre played to 41
P. Manning played to 39
Rivers played to 39
Roethlisberger probably done at 39
Warner played to 38
E. Manning played to 38
Palmer played to 38
Romo played to 36
McNabb played to 35
Great list. BTW Moon didn't really play the last 2 years at KC. So he technically only played (starting QB) till 42.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back