PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Montana sounds jealous of Brady

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

Yes because there are so many QB’s playing till Brady’s age these days. Cmon man.

Not that Brady probably cares what his opinion is but that can’t feel great if his idol scoffs at what Brady has accomplished playing at an elite level at an age when nobody has come close to doing that.

Lol the guys playing today would obliterate the guys back then due to the athletic differences. Look at Aaron Donald, Myles Garrett etc those guys are monsters

Joe is very bitter. Imagine being him and every time you are interviewed you are asked about how great Brady is. Lol

Brady is 1:1. For Joe to minimize that in anyway just speaks to his bitterness.

What a lazy take. QBs get injured all the time: Tua, Dalton, Wentz, Wilson, Garoppolo, Taylor, all this season; Prescott, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Brees, last season or recently. Ask Alex Smith how he feels about Joe's comments when there was fear that his leg could be amputated.

The main reason Brady doesn't get as injured (he gets injured) is because he gets rid of the ball so quickly and has learned how to absorb hits better. That just goes to his greatness, his durability.

Joe is very bitter. Imagine being him and every time you are interviewed you are asked about how great Brady is. Lol

Brady is 1:1. For Joe to minimize that in anyway just speaks to his bitterness.
Joe Montana couldn’t carry Tom Brady’s jock….and I respected Montana back then but he had a loaded team and faced nowhere near the kind of competition Brady had….and Brady had much less talent. Joe was Great…..Brady is LEGENDARY and the GOAT!

Just sayin…the hit on Joe in 1991 that derailed his career...in 2021 we’d call that completely legal. Marshall didn’t hit his head or hit him low. Not trying to pile on, but it’s fair to say this had nothing to do with the rule differences. Montana made a fateful mistake in winding up like that with no awareness Marshall was closing in on him. We’ve always seen Brady’s sixth sense like awareness of stuff like this.

1633745286804.gif

Just sayin…the hit on Joe in 1991 that derailed his career...in 2021 we’d call that completely legal. Marshall didn’t hit his head or hit him low. Not trying to pile on, but it’s fair to say this had nothing to do with the rule differences. Montana made a fateful mistake in winding up like that with no awareness Marshall was closing in on him. We’ve always seen Brady’s sixth sense like awareness of stuff like this.

View attachment 36441
Lol, he drove him into the ground. That's 100% a roughing call but who cares. Roughing calls still happen. QBs get injured. It hasn't stopped over some rule changes. Brees is out of the game over injuries. Roethlisberger is cooked. It's a stupid take.

Lol, he drove him into the ground. That's 100% a roughing call but who cares. Roughing calls still happen. QBs get injured. It hasn't stopped over some rule changes. Brees is out of the game over injuries. Roethlisberger is cooked. It's a stupid take.

He drove him to the ground? It would appear that you’re right, and I overlooked the modern rules, and you might think I should just admit my mistake and agree with you. Well, keep waiting, *******.

What I'm trying to say is that even though the rules have changed to better protect the QBs, it's still a rough game and injuries still happen. All the time. He implies that Brady can play longer because of the rule changes. If that were true, wouldn't Manning still be playing? Or Brees? Is Brady the only QB to benefit? What am I missing.

Look at this hit from White to Mac. You can probably find a better one on youtube. Mac goes flying backwards. He got rocked.

What I'm trying to say is that even though the rules have changed to better protect the QBs, it's still a rough game and injuries still happen. All the time. He implies that Brady can play longer because of the rule changes. If that were true, wouldn't Manning still be playing? Or Brees? Is Brady the only QB to benefit? What am I missing.
Team Joe is a thing I guess.

Same dude that kept saying “no one is the GOAT” because you can’t compare eras but gladly bestowed himself as the GOAT until 2014. And then there was all that whining from the 80s Niners about Deflategate.
Look at this hit from White to Mac. You can probably find a better one on youtube. Mac goes flying backwards. He got rocked.

Sure…QBs get ****ed up bad in the modern game, too. One reason for the extra protections is the defenders are stronger and faster, like right there with White annihilating Mac.

The perception of Brady is he’s the well-protected pretty boy, no matter what Brady does that’s counter to the narrative. Dude just played on a torn MCL…lol.

Team Joe is a thing I guess.

Same dude that kept saying “no one is the GOAT” because you can’t compare eras but gladly bestowed himself as the GOAT until 2014. And then there was all that whining from the 80s Niners about Deflategate.

Sure…QBs get ****ed up bad in the modern game, too. One reason for the extra protections is the defenders are stronger and faster, like right there with White annihilating Mac.

The perception of Brady is he’s the well-protected pretty boy, no matter what Brady does that’s counter to the narrative. Dude just played on a torn MCL…lol.
Brady might be the toughest sob to ever play the game, but most people view him as a pretty boy. Toughness is Brady's most underrated trait

View attachment 36441
This is the hit that I always see people point towards when they say "Brady can never pass Montana because he took way bigger shots every game." I suppose it's not as bad as the whole 4-0 is better than 7-3 argument which is the worst thing in sports.

All I see is a completely legal hit and Montana had his arm in the worst possible position and timing to get it wrecked. That same thing could happen to any guy playing today if they get unlucky enough.

This one always makes me laugh. Him playing it off as "one of those guys, I cant remember, won seven or nine championships..." He knows damn well it was Graham and he won seven but he's trying to play it off as being casual and humble.

Well, it’s hard to compare guys from different eras. Everybody looks at me, and you look at Tom and what they do now, and you look at me and what we did back then. You look at the guys who played before me, and I think it’s just really hard. Tom is a great player. I’m not saying in that direction. I just think it’s hard, when you look at guys, I always tell people, go look at Sammy Baugh, and look at Otto Graham; two guys that were so far ahead of their time. One of those guys, I can’t remember, won seven or nine championships. And no one even talks about him. I was going up for an award, and Otto Graham came out of the door next to me, and my wife comes up. And he goes, “Oh hey, how you doing?” and then he turns, “Oh I forgot something,” and he goes back inside. She goes, “who’s that?” I go, “that’s the guy who’s going to win tonight.” And he did. I think it’s hard. Tom’s a great, great player, and he’s having a great career. So, I just say, enjoy what they’re all doing now.

Moon played to 44
Krieg played to 40
Montana played to 38
Elway played to 38
Marino played to 38
Young played to 38
Simms played to 38
Cunningham played to 38
Kelly played to 36
Fouts played to 36

Brees played to 41
Favre played to 41
P. Manning played to 39
Rivers played to 39
Roethlisberger probably done at 39
Warner played to 38
E. Manning played to 38
Palmer played to 38
Romo played to 36
McNabb played to 35

This one always makes me laugh. Him playing it off as "one of those guys, I cant remember, won seven or nine championships..." He knows damn well it was Graham and he won seven but he's trying to play it off as being casual and humble.

Team Joe

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back