PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Montana sounds jealous of Brady

Lapped Joe in every way possible ...

pUuR0DfP.jpg

Everything Montana said about Marino's arm is true but, he hasn't got the hardware.

Montana has been such a little b*tch since Brady won his 4th ring. I think it's extra crappy because he knows he was Brady's idol growing up and still likes to say things like this because he is bitter and insecure.

Tom himself even said he benefited from the rule changes from Polian to the way defensive players can hit the QB. Technology in the helmets probably also helped as well.

I've been watching older games from many teams lately and the QB's took some vicious head and lower leg shots. We saw the rules start to change when Pollard cheap shoted Tom Brady and rightfully so. It's bad for the game when the NFL's best gets injured. In fact, it should've been changed after the Carson Palmer hit as the Bengals were about to rout Pittsburgh in 2005.

He also mentioned defensive schemes are very limited these days and every defense is fairly vanilla. I miss the defenses back in the day where teams had more creativity in blitzes and actually had identities.

Tom himself even said he benefited from the rule changes from Polian to the way defensive players can hit the QB. Technology in the helmets probably also helped as well.

I've been watching older games from many teams lately and the QB's took some vicious head and lower leg shots. We saw the rules start to change when Pollard cheap shoted Tom Brady and rightfully so. It's bad for the game when the NFL's best gets injured. In fact, it should've been changed after the Carson Palmer hit as the Bengals were about to rout Pittsburgh in 2005.

He also mentioned defensive schemes are very limited these days and every defense is fairly vanilla. I miss the defenses back in the day where teams had more creativity in blitzes and actually had identities.
It was more physical for sure but I think defenses are more complex now just my opinion

Defenses IMO are much complex now than in Joe's day. The offenses are much more complex as well and the athletes are bigger, faster, stronger.

I think the biggest difference maker though when comparing eras is Brady had to play his entire career with the cap/FA. Montana's niners were basically the Yankees of the NFL. They spent twice as much as other teams and had studs everywhere who could never leave via FA.

I would put Graham at least even with Montana anyway.

Lmao ok buddy

I hope the 49ers lose in embarrassing fashion in the playoffs once again

If he was at all gracious about Brady I'd have some sympathy for him. But he isn't and I don't.
He's soooo bitter. Brady reduced his HoF career to a footnote in NFL history and Brady/Bill reduced the Niners dynasty to a footnote as well. Brady is always so gracious toward Montana and he is just so bitter. Honestly, I love it and I bet Brady does too. Imagine Brady saying 20 years from now that Manning was the GOAT? How embarrassing.

Everything Montana said about Marino's arm is true but, he hasn't got the hardware.
Marino was an awesome QB. I remember when blitzers would come in untouched but Marino would still get an accurate pass off.
But you're 100% correct, he doesn't have the hardware. Because of that he's not even fighting for #2.

Marino was an awesome QB. I remember when blitzers would come in untouched but Marino would still get an accurate pass off.
But you're 100% correct, he doesn't have the hardware. Because of that he's not even fighting for #2.
What I remember the most about Marion was how Jim Kelly and the Bills owned him the early 90s. Every year, Jim would beat him in Miami or in Buffalo. Marino had some pretty stacked teams those years too and Jim would beat him. Kelly never gets any love but he was a great QB who changed the game with the K gun.

He's soooo bitter. Brady reduced his HoF career to a footnote in NFL history and Brady/Bill reduced the Niners dynasty to a footnote as well. Brady is always so gracious toward Montana and he is just so bitter. Honestly, I love it and I bet Brady does too. Imagine Brady saying 20 years from now that Manning was the GOAT? How embarrassing.
Whatever QBs we're talking about, as well as their fans, are left with "We're # 2" as their chant. Number 1 has been locked up for good.

Whenever I think of Manning I think of his 9 one and done playoffs, many times with the top seed. No QB has even come close to that so I guess he's #1 there.

What I remember the most about Marion was how Jim Kelly and the Bills owned him the early 90s. Every year, Jim would beat him in Miami or in Buffalo. Marino had some pretty stacked teams those years too and Jim would beat him. Kelly never gets any love but he was a great QB who changed the game with the K gun.
I hated seeing the Bills lose those SBs. If the Pats were out I was AFC all the way.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back