Search

JJ Watt might be on the block

2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

One-If-By-Sea

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
How do we know Gronk wants $10m? Assumption? Did he say?

Assumption. All of the projected salaries shown are assumptions. Gronk made $10m last year and the argument is the same as JJ, he is not going to come back for $5M. The poster said that Tampa could restructure and create $50M in cap space, and my point is that Tampa has a whole bunch of guys coming due for new, high dollar contracts. Gronk, Barrett, David, Suh, AB, Godwin, etc. Barrett has already said that he wants top dollar, which I think he should get. Then posters say that JJ Watt might go to Tampa to chase a ring. I doubt that, players primarily chase money, as they should, it is their job. And Tampa is not going to pay JJ before they sign their own guys. But we will see, maybe JJ will sign for $5M. People always say players want to chase a ring but that is usually in a few years past where JJ is.

robertweathers

Chairman & CEO of Team Bill
PatsFans.com Supporter
Assumption. All of the projected salaries shown are assumptions. Gronk made $10m last year and the argument is the same as JJ, he is not going to come back for $5M. The poster said that Tampa could restructure and create $50M in cap space, and my point is that Tampa has a whole bunch of guys coming due for new, high dollar contracts. Gronk, Barrett, David, Suh, AB, Godwin, etc. Barrett has already said that he wants top dollar, which I think he should get. Then posters say that JJ Watt might go to Tampa to chase a ring. I doubt that, players primarily chase money, as they should, it is their job. And Tampa is not going to pay JJ before they sign their own guys. But we will see, maybe JJ will sign for $5M. People always say players want to chase a ring but that is usually in a few years past where JJ is.
I dunno. I think with the lifestyle, health, playing with Tom on a SB team I think Gronk will test the market to keep TB honest but I see him coming back for less than $10m.

One-If-By-Sea

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
I dunno. I think with the lifestyle, health, playing with Tom on a SB team I think Gronk will test the market to keep TB honest but I see him coming back for less than $10m.

Not exactly a daring, "way out on a limb" take there. ;) I agree - less than $10M is likely. :)

TheRainMaker

Team Tom Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
I didn't realize both brothers are on the Steelers. If he's willing to sign for a reduced role, it's a no brainer.

My favorites are Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Buffalo, LA Rams, KC, SF and even Tampa Bay.

Ivan

Hall of Fame Poster
If you want a ring you don’t go to a team that doesn’t have a QB. I don’t know what their cap situation is but I think Tennessee will have a very good shot at getting, as Vrabel was one of his coaches in Houston, and they need more pass rush.