PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy Garoppolo traded to SF for 2018 2nd round draft pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it had been rumoured that the actual offers were much less then what the public thought. This confirms it. It also confirms Brady is here for the foreseeable future. The pick will be at the top of the 2nd so we can get a good player there. The question is, who the hell is our backup? Hoyer coming back in this deal?

Best of luck to Jimmy G. He learnt from the best. Hopefully he goes on to a have a great career.

Something big has to be happening. Ty Hilton???
I doubt it will be another WR. Could be a defensive player. But BB likes to shock the world around this time. So you never know :eek:

I mean, at least this is almost a 1st rounder, but... huh???

Maybe BB likes some QBs coming in next years draft? That way he can keep one of them on the roster for cheap over the next four years after this? That's one theory, otherwise this is a bit baffling.

Only thing I can say is that's supper annoying that you can't even get more for him than you spent on him.

Don’t forget this draft class is stacked at qb so this could also be ammo to draft another solid qb to put behind Brady.

before we jump the gun, let's see what bill does with this pick. could be traded for something big.

Interesting it’s not on pft.com

U ****ing kidding me? They traded a future starter for a 2018 3d and 4 6ths?

Not happy. But if he could have gotten more, he would have. Couldn't afford Brady and Garoppolo, and this was the best deal available. For now, we have no backup QB. What a change from preseason.

Just wow. Only a 2nd rounder. Doesn't seem near enough. I know the pick will be top 3 in round 2, but Jimmy was pick 62. So BB gained about 30 spots in the draft?
I guess we will see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back