PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2019 Edition (Official): Entering A New Half-Century of Moronic Mediocrity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Googly Gaze promises "meaningful games" in November and December for his Dolph... er, Jete. Meanwhile, he has grown a beard, wears his hat brim low and doesn't look up during press conferences so questioners aren't confused by his wandering peepers.

Link: NY Jets head coach Adam Gase talks about the start of training camp
Games will be meaningful November and December. What they do then will probably make the difference between getting the 1st or 2nd pick in the 2020 draft.

36qbq0.jpg

Sooooo...the Jete finally managed to get their top draft pick (#3 overall) Quinnen Williams signed. The holdup was ... wait for it... what amount of his fully guaranteed signing bonus would have it's payment deferred to next season. In other words, with the bonus' unavaoidable cap impact spread over the contract that means that what really kept the Number 3 overall pick from being signed was the Jete wanted to essentially kite the check.

I think the reason for the hang up was the difference in the state tax rate between jersey and Alabama. With Williams having to relocate to jersey, he probably wanted more paid pre relocation at the Alabama rate and less next year at the jersey rate. The extra tax could cost Williams up to 100k.

I think the reason for the hang up was the difference in the state tax rate between jersey and Alabama. With Williams having to relocate to jersey, he probably wanted more paid pre relocation at the Alabama rate and less next year at the jersey rate. The extra tax could cost Williams up to 100k.

The point being made wasn't why the player wanted a higher % of it up front but rather that a trifling difference (in NFL numbers) was something the cheap azz Jete pushed back on.

I found this post on TheGangGreen just now:

I think people are doing to Bell what they did to Kawhi. People are forgetting how good this guy actually is. Kawhi was incredible and he took a year off and people forgot.

Comparing LeVeon Bell to Kawhi Leonard. Holy ****.

Every 2nd year QB in training camp is predicted to be much better. The reality is half of the QBs regress as other teams now have film to exploit their weaknesses.
Way more than half.

Future so bright... we're convincing All Pros to come out of retirement...

Well that just clinches it. For an unprecedented 51st consecutive year the Jete have 'won' the offseason. It's once again time for the annual trophy presentation...

Golden-Turd-Award.jpg

Well that just clinches it. For an unprecedented 51st consecutive year the Jete have 'won' the offseason. It's once again time for the annual trophy presentation...

Golden-Turd-Award.jpg

Winning the pre season - Jete doing Jete type things.

1*QjBihu2AUBlTsM5VVnI_og.jpeg

Interesting read. Saw many Jets fans coming out of hiding and defending their team in PFT comment section about signing Kalil.

Interesting read. Saw many Jets fans coming out of hiding and defending their team in PFT comment section about signing Kalil.

All the better. Apathy isn't any fun, we need them to get their hopes as high as possible. How else could the inevitable crash and burn provide maximum entertainment value?

@luuked said "Nice pun. Too bad the overall team is still average garbage led by an abysmal and drug fueled HC."

Since I posted in the wrong thread, figure I'll move the conversation over here.

So you think an offense of:
QB: Darnold
WR: Anderson, Enunwa, Crowder
RB: obviously
TE: Herndon (after his suspension)
Oline: improved the two weakest spots of LG and C

... is just average?

I suppose it could be, but I'm seeing a bunch of weapons there for a good young mobile QB.

@luuked said "Nice pun. Too bad the overall team is still average garbage led by an abysmal and drug fueled HC."

Since I posted in the wrong thread, figure I'll move the conversation over here.

So you think an offense of:
QB: Darnold
WR: Anderson, Enunwa, Crowder
RB: obviously
TE: Herndon (after his suspension)
Oline: improved the two weakest spots of LG and C

... is just average?

I suppose it could be, but I'm seeing a bunch of weapons there for a good young mobile QB.

See the issue is that you think that Darnold is a good QB and that Bell will somehow elevate the team.

I think Darnold will be average at best and Le'Veon will look fine initially and then fade quickly once we hit mid/end October. But at no point will he play up to his contract.

See the issue is that you think that Darnold is a good QB and that Bell will somehow elevate the team.

I think Darnold will be average at best and Le'Veon will look fine initially and then fade quickly once we hit mid/end October. But at no point will he play up to his contract.

Agreed. That is where we differ. It'll be interesting to see who's right.

If anything I expect a possible slow start for Bell given his unique running style. May take some time for the oline to adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes