PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2017 Edition (Official): Countdown to Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
"
You could see this coming a mile away. The Jets were riding high after last week’s win over the Bills. Todd Bowles did not have his team ready to play for this game. They came out flat and Tampa Bay took advantage. Offensive coordinator John Morton had one of his worst days. He had no answers for what the Buccaneers were doing.

Grade: F"

Look, jetfin79...get this through your puny pinhead...your Jete suck, YOU suck, you will ALWAYS suck and suck will eventually be renamed Jete...idiot.

So it’s virtually assured the Jets have one of the worst rosters in the NFL AND will not be getting a top “lottery pick” in next year’s draft. I’m sure their fans will all buy in like idiots as the team hypes up Hackenburg and Petty as the QBs of the future.

Are the J-E-T-E soaring to the playoffs or diving into the tank this week? Is Bowles stripping out the dead wood to bring discipline and ambition or has he lost his team? It's so confusing. Thank goodness for this thread -- one way or the other, the JETS suck!

"
You could see this coming a mile away. The Jets were riding high after last week’s win over the Bills. Todd Bowles did not have his team ready to play for this game. They came out flat and Tampa Bay took advantage.
They came out flat because they were so upset nobody was picked from their group audition for "Dancing With the Stars."

In a world that sometimes changes too quickly ...

It's nice that there's a few things that just don't change - this thread is the past-present-future of same old same old.

In a world that sometimes changes too quickly ...

It's nice that there's a few things that just don't change - this thread is the past-present-future of same old same old.
I disagree. The Jete continually invent new ways to suck. Their moronic on-field dance fest is but one of several recent examples.

I was driving home tonight lost in thought and I began to think about what it must be like to be an American living here in the northeast, with more or less of the same influences, education and so on and yet tie oneself to the NY Jete for life.

There HAS TO BE a pathology as yet undocumented that affects this putrid green puke fanbase....that demands an ever greater need to cling onto and hold dear that which is the PARADIGM of suckage, failure and feckless ineptitude. The Peanuts/Charley Brown cartoon come to life...perpetually looping...and these green goons that have eyes yet fail to see are there year in and year out bellowing J-E-T-E like water buffaloes at a dried up spring in the Kalahari desert.

I am astonished actually. Masochism MUST be one of the great unknown needs of daily life in America. Has to be. Either that or it's some kind of genetic mutation.

I was driving home tonight lost in thought and I began to think about what it must be like to be an American living here in the northeast, with more or less of the same influences, education and so on and yet tie oneself to the NY Jete for life.

There HAS TO BE a pathology as yet undocumented that affects this putrid green puke fanbase....that demands an ever greater need to cling onto and hold dear that which is the PARADIGM of suckage, failure and feckless ineptitude. The Peanuts/Charley Brown cartoon come to life...perpetually looping...and these green goons that have eyes yet fail to see are there year in and year out bellowing J-E-T-E like water buffaloes at a dried up spring in the Kalahari desert.

I am astonished actually. Masochism MUST be one of the great unknown needs of daily life in America. Has to be. Either that or it's some kind of genetic mutation.
The nature/nurture Jete fan argument has been litigated in prior Jets Suck threads, IIRC. I think geography is a significant contributor -- the general despair plus nagging dual sense of anonymity and inferiority that goes with living in Jersey.

Then there's a lifetime of breathing the state's rancid air, which smells like a combination of oil, burnt hair and raw sewage. THAT might factor into spawning Jete-centric genetic mutations. The results alone indicate that Jete fandom is a recessive trait.

Last edited:
The Jets will be drafting Defensive Ends to make life hard for Brady..... long after he retires.

Also, they still won't have a quarterback.

Kind of like that incredible era of Jets history from 2012-present when they spent 90% of their payroll on three defensive tackles (to rotate between two spots.)

The nature/nurture Jete fan argument has been litigated in prior Jets Suck threads, IIRC. I think geography is a significant contributor -- the general despair plus nagging dual sense of anonymity an inferiority that goes with living in Jersey.
The Jete also have their days on Long Island playing at Shea as a part of their history.

The common theme is that LI and NJ are the height of "bridge and tunnel" inferiority.

The Jete always find themselves looking up at the Giants either from LI or from their rented locker room at New Giants err MetLife Stadium.

The Giants are showing up the Jete inferiority even this season: The Jete even suck at tanking!
Then there's a lifetime of breathing the state's rancid air, which smells like a combination of oil, burnt hair and raw sewage. THAT might factor into spawning Jete-centric genetic mutations. The results alone indicate that Jete fandom is a recessive trait.
That recessive trait causes Jete fans to self-select themselves as the Charlie Browns of fandom, always flopping on their back side after Lucy pulls the football away, when there are so many more sensible options open to them.

Last edited:
My favorite quote was from Rexy:
I've had my butt kicked several times, but that was the worst. I coached for 30 years; that was the worst quarter in the history of my coaching career, and there's been some bad ones. But not even close to that one. It was brutal.
Brutal, indeed. Mehta gives the ugly details:
It was like an explosion. The Patriots scored 21 points on the Jets in 52 seconds. I don't think you can score that much that fast in Madden, let alone in real life. The Patriots scored 35 points in the second quarter without having the ball for three minutes. And the Jets committed [three] turnovers in a quarter. How is that possible?
My second favorite was from Steve Gregory (safety who scooped up the ball and scored a TD after the Butt Fumble):
When Thanksgiving rolls around, here comes 50 or 60 text messages from all my buddies: "Remember the Butt Fumble?" Thanksgiving is Butt Fumble. Every Thanksgiving, we re-enact the Butt Fumble. Usually my wife plays Mark Sanchez. I play me. We line my father up as an offensive lineman, and we take my mother and put her on the defensive line. She knocks my dad back, my wife runs into him, she fumbles, I pick it up and score. Then we go eat turkey ... Come on, I'm joking. We don't do that.
The Butt Fumble will continue to be the play that shows the world what we already know: The Jete Suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents