PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2017 Edition (Official): Countdown to Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Jets will suck at sucking. Finish 4-12 or 5-11, just good enough to get no shot at a 2018 quarterback.

Even if this does happen, pretty sure things have hit the point that the Jets would sellout for the #1 or #2 pick. Even trading like 3 years worth of 1st round picks.

And I'd be OK with it. Time to end the QB draught at any cost.

Edit: Of course I'd just prefer tanking this year though.

Even if this does happen, pretty sure things have hit the point that the Jets would sellout for the #1 or #2 pick. Even trading like 3 years worth of 1st round picks.

And after all that wouldn't it suck to get a franchise QB and see him ending up carted off?

Not wishing it, as I never root for injuries. Just repeating what I have heard so many Rats fans fantasize about on their messageboards, regarding Brady.

And after all that wouldn't it suck to get a franchise QB and see hom ending up carted off?

Not wishing it, as I never root for injuries. Just repeating what I have heard so many Rats fans fantaste about on their messageboards.

Most definitely would, but gotta try.

Timely and informative. Thank you Tunescribe.

You need a TEAM, goofball, not a quarterback "savior."

McCown's last 3 seasons his teams have gotten the 1st, 2nd, and 1st draft picks overall.

We better not mess this up.

We're paying good money for his expertise.

I think the Jets will suck at sucking. Finish 4-12 or 5-11, just good enough to get no shot at a 2018 quarterback.

The Rats will not suck at sucking.

For the Rats, sucking at sucking is like dividing by zero, it is undefined.

McCown's last 3 seasons his teams have gotten the 1st, 2nd, and 1st draft picks overall.

We better not mess this up.

We're paying good money for his expertise.

OK @Tunescribe, what the heck could ya disagree with from the above?

His teams did get those draft picks, we are paying him at least 6 million, and "we better not mess this up" is just my wish.

Admit it, you just enjoy seeing the little red Xs?

This is being auctioned off online -- 12 bids so far up to $78 (remember, that's a lot in 1969 dollars). It's almost surprising enough former players are still around to autograph things.

Jets ball .jpg

OK @Tunescribe, what the heck could ya disagree with from the above? His teams did get those draft picks, we are paying him at least 6 million, and "we better not mess this up" is just my wish. Admit it, you just enjoy seeing the little red Xs?
I disagreed with your claim that McCown has "expertise." Although, I'm sure any new quarterback would seem to have skills compared to Quackenbush and Pitty.

I disagreed with your claim that McCown has "expertise." Although, I'm sure any new quarterback would seem to have skills compared to Quackenbush and Pitty.

Ha, oh.

Well I didn't mean "exertise" in a good way. It was meant to mean he's skilled at getting his teams to be the worst in the league.

Oddly enough though I do thing he'll be a good influence on the youngin's though. Maybe he can help one of them become a decent QB and we won't have to draft one next year. Not holding my breath though.

With McCown's banishment to NJ we have to wonder how their overall suckage will be affected. Does McCown suck enough to keep the Jests at the highest level of suckage?

Ha, oh.

Well I didn't mean "exertise" in a good way. It was meant to mean he's skilled at getting his teams to be the worst in the league.

Oddly enough though I do thing he'll be a good influence on the youngin's though. Maybe he can help one of them become a decent QB and we won't have to draft one next year. Not holding my breath though.

How does McNown compare to Kerry Collins? Wasn't Collins the QB who was available that the Colts avoided signing to ensure they stayed bad enough to "Suck for Luck"?

How does McNown compare to Kerry Collins? Wasn't Collins the QB who was available that the Colts avoided signing to ensure they stayed bad enough to "Suck for Luck"?

Damned if I remember. Get what you're saying though.

I think they're not 100% sold on giving up on the season and Hackenberg/Petty yet. Which is why they brought in McCown to be a mentor of sorts. Supposedly the guy is a decent leader/teammate.

Ideally one of the young guys turns out to be decent and then there's no need to suck for Darnold.

So long as either Petty or Hack is a solid QB, or we draft a top QB prospect next year, I'm cool with it.

If they let McCown take us to 7-9, that'll suck.

If they let McCown take us to 7-9, that'll suck.

7-9? 7-9! Dude's been drinking that Jersey swamp water and he's got brain fever. Either that or he hasn't looked at the Jets roster. :eek:

7-9? 7-9! Dude's been drinking that Jersey swamp water and he's got brain fever. Either that or he hasn't looked at the Jets roster. :eek:

Ya know... it really isn't that bad. If they're not careful, they could pull off a few wins if they get average QB play.

Which is what worries me. If the average QB play comes from Petty or Hack, that's awesome. But if McCown does it and screws up next year's draft, that would suck.

If Petty or Hack improve to the level of Brian Hoyer and that's their ceiling, you're right back in QB hell.

If Petty or Hack improve to the level of Brian Hoyer and that's their ceiling, you're right back in QB hell.

Probably, but I'm holding out hope for Hack. Before Penn State lost its team Hack's second season and he then got absolutely destroyed behind that oline, the kid was pretty damn good as a freshman. If they can somehow get him back to that form, that'd be better than average.

Again, it's doubtful, but worth watching for. The kid was running a pro style offense from under center without the usual gimmicks of many college systems. Amazingly, that's really rare in the joke that is today's college football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes