PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets seek permission to talk to Favre

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that the number one draft pick is better than the number 4 draft pick who has proven his mediocrity. Ferguson is a lot closer to Gallery than Thomas in terms of high draft pick left tackles.

lol how could I argue against such flawless logic. Without playing a game Long is better then Brick b/c Brick = #4 pick in 06, Long = #1 pick in 08. Like I said Ferguson is an average LT who is going to get the chance to improve greatly now that he will have the services of a great veteran beside him. Gallery is just trash, Ferguson at least gives you solid LT play and he can still improve b/c he is only in yr 3

Last edited:
b/c I have seen Clement for two years and know there is no way Woody is not better. I understand its a 4 game sample but scouts said woody played pro bowl caliber in his limited time at RT last year. That alone is an improvement over Clement

Woody did not play pro bowl caliber in his limited time at rt last year. Fire those scouts.

Woody did not play pro bowl caliber in his limited time at rt last year. Fire those scouts.

Deus Irae at RT = massive upgrade, Clement is really that bad

The Jets porous offensive line? Do you still follow football in the offseason. Yeah, they had a turnstile at left guard last year in Adrien Clarke, but they replaced him with Allen Faneca. The Jets offensive line will be a strength of theirs this year. In fact they don't even have a weakness on their offensive line anymore.
Here in New England we tend to put more emphasis on the regular season than the off-season, but we will grant you that the Jets this year have won the March-ombardi Trophy, snatching it from the perrenial off-season powerhouse Washington Redskins.

Enjoy your trophy between now and September, and good luck next March defending your off-season championship!

Regarding left tackles, Long was higher rated coming out of college than Ferguson and Feguson hasn't even justified his rating coming out of college. I believe my point is correct although not pleasant to you as a Jets fan.

Regarding left tackles, Long was higher rated coming out of college than Ferguson and Feguson hasn't even justified his rating coming out of college. I believe my point is correct although not pleasant to you as a Jets fan.

Coming out Gallery was rated then both whats your point? You cant rate any rookie over a league guy until they go out and play. Mayo was rated higher the Dave Harris in their respective drafts, who is better right now? If your arguing that Long is alredy better then Brick b/c where he was drafted then thats ridiculous.

Last edited:
What you fail to grasp is that Ferguson is a proven mediocre talent and that the number one pick in the draft is better than he is. Using your logic, You woulde rate Gallery as a better player than Long.

What you fail to grasp is that Ferguson is a proven mediocre talent and that the number one pick in the draft is better than he is. Using your logic, You woulde rate Gallery as a better player than Long.
Based of what makes you say Long is better? Nothing you can tell me involves actual NFL experience. Its a simple concept to grasp. Right now you wouldnt say Darren McFadden is a top ten NFL RB even though his draft profile and draft position say other wise.

Im saying is Ferguson is an average NFL LT, yes he has not lived up to expectation but he still has room to grow and I think playing next to Adrien Clarke last year immensely stunted his growth. Thats it. He is not mediocre by any stretch of the imagination when last year he went through nearly a 4-6 week stretch of giving 0 sacks to the games best including : Suggs, Taylor, Osi, couple others slip my mind.

Last edited:
As I said previously, you have 2 good players on your offensive line and its probably your strength.

As I said previously, you have 2 good players on your offensive line and its probably your strength.

I would lean towards LB is Gholston hits his potential

I was surprised at how poorly Ferguson has played. I thought the Jets had bolstered their OLine that year, but Mangold is no Mawae and Ferguson calls to mind the Burt Reynolds character on SNL.

I think it is just great that they are going to play Woody at RT. He was a fine LOG, and a good center when not in the shotgun. Come to think of it, is NoodleArm still unable to taek shotgun snaps? He didn't used to. If not, Woody could play center.

I think NoodleArm II can play out of the shotgun, so Woody couldn't center for Clemens.

I was surprised at how poorly Ferguson has played. I thought the Jets had bolstered their OLine that year, but Mangold is no Mawae and Ferguson calls to mind the Burt Reynolds character on SNL.

I think it is just great that they are going to play Woody at RT. He was a fine LOG, and a good center when not in the shotgun. Come to think of it, is NoodleArm still unable to taek shotgun snaps? He didn't used to. If not, Woody could play center.

I think NoodleArm II can play out of the shotgun, so Woody couldn't center for Clemens.

rip on Brick all you want but Mangold is very good

Here in New England we tend to put more emphasis on the regular season than the off-season, but we will grant you that the Jets this year have won the March-ombardi Trophy, snatching it from the perrenial off-season powerhouse Washington Redskins.

Enjoy your trophy between now and September, and good luck next March defending your off-season championship!

I guess this is your way of acknowledging that you're wrong. Hey, I guess we all do it in different ways.

I guess this is your way of acknowledging that you're wrong. Hey, I guess we all do it in different ways.

I'd say that reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

I'd say that reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Yeah right anyway, did you guys when the March-ombardi trophy last year when you signed Randy Moss, Dante Stallworth, Wes Welker, and Adalius Thomas?

Yeah right anyway, did you guys when the March-ombardi trophy last year when you signed Randy Moss, Dante Stallworth, Wes Welker, and Adalius Thomas?

We don't "do" pre-season trophies. We don't trumpet "AFC Championships" either. We do Lombardis. Please try to keep up here.

We don't "do" pre-season trophies. We don't trumpet "AFC Championships" either. We do Lombardis. Please try to keep up here.

Man you guys are great at not answering questions, so you shouldn't talk about keeping up. Cause you can't even answer the question that I asked, so focus guy and try to keep up with the questions being asked of you.

Man you guys are great at not answering questions, so you shouldn't talk about keeping up. Cause you can't even answer the question that I asked, so focus guy and try to keep up with the questions being asked of you.

Well, let's look at your statement, then.....

when you signed Randy Moss, Dante Stallworth, Wes Welker, and Adalius Thomas?

Now, given that both Moss and Welker were trades as opposed to being 'signed' per se, you should probably not be acting like such a smartass. Focus....

Well, let's look at your statement, then.....

Now, given that both Moss and Welker were trades as opposed to being 'signed' per se, you should probably not be acting like such a smartass. Focus....

Ah yes, you're right. I should've took the time to put signed/and or traded for. So Kris Jenkins was a trade for us, so make sure he is not taken into account for our March-ombardi trophy.

My take on jets O-line...

To be fair, it takes 3 years to truly evaluate a draft pick. So it would be wrong to make a definitive statement about Ferguson or Mangold after two seasons.

That said, there is no denying that neither has performed at a level commensurate with his draft status thru year 2. Mangold was promising in year 1, and mediocre in year 2, to be kind. His reputation in the league took a big hit.

As for Ferguson my good NY buddy refers to him as "Turnstyle Ferguson" with good reason.

Faneca should help both players, and I anticipate the left side of the jets O-line to be greatly improved in '08. I expect Ferguson to be about the quality of Levi Jones, IOW good but below pro bowl status; and Mangold has the potential to be better than Koppen, who IMO is an overrated player especially in the run game, where he is totally mediocre.

Faneca was not as poor as Steeler fans made him out to be last season. Steeler fans tend to turn on players who make noise about contracts, and are conditioned to take ownerships part in contract disputes, and believe all players should take hometown discounts. They then bad mouth players who defy ownership. IMO Faneca played decently last season; not at the level of Mankins, but a bit better than Kendall. Did the Jets overpay? Yes, but they had no option, because otherwise their Qbs wouldn't survive the season again (see Pennington week 1 vs Pats- torn ankle ligaments, Clemens week 15- Seymour pretzel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes