PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets seeing red over "seeing ghosts"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want both agree and disagree on this. Agree someone should lose their job, but disagree it should be an NFL films employee. Should be a Jets employee. Best candidate would be Gase.

This is not how it works though.

I know this is coming from Manish but since he is just explaining procedure I dont hesitate to post it:

Personally I found it funny but I can see how executives and players will consider it a breach of trust. Stuff you say on your sideline should stay there. It is pretty much off the record and being a participant in micup segments is supposed to put a positive spin on you.

This is also why soundfx segments of players on losing teams are pretty rare.

the problem is that he wasn't seeing ghosts..he was seeing real live players in his face

Geez, the fact that he said this 10 days before Halloween ensures that this will be the longest week and a half of his life....................

LOL Sam Darnold just became a meme. This is on the same level of national embarrassment as the butt fumble game. Jets organization must be furious that this hit the air because now everyone in the media will be talking about it nonstop. That #3 overall pick publicly humiliated and rattled. And can't put the genie back in the bottle now. I'm not sure how you come back from this.

This is not how it works though.

I know this is coming from Manish but since he is just explaining procedure I dont hesitate to post it:

Personally I found it funny but I can see how executives and players will consider it a breach of trust. Stuff you say on your sideline should stay there. It is pretty much off the record and being a participant in micup segments is supposed to put a positive spin on you.

This is also why soundfx segments of players on losing teams are pretty rare.

How the hell did Bill manage to get his guy as an NFL films rep? Must've been Ernie, the bastahd. Lmao

As a Pats, and sports fan - I loved it!

Objectively speaking, I get why Los Jetes are steaming. I’ve never seen anything even remotely close to revealing in these mic’d up things, in any sport, not just the NFL. Always thought they were dumb, and useless. Then for that comment to get aired? I was really surprised to say the least.

Good thing the NFL didn't air Darnold saying "I go poo poo in my pants."
Didn't say it, but if you listen carefully, you can hear him sharding.

That crap franchise should be pissed about how much losing they’ve done since the 70s. If THiS is what gets them riled up, instead of the embarrassing performances, then it’s all you need to know. Winners win, losers whine.

The next time the Jets play comically in a game against the Patriots, can we say it's "the ghosts of the butt fumble?"

The Jets OL should pick up the tab at least the first couple of Darnald’s shrink visits.

That said, who’s up for sending each of the a copy of Ghostbusters?

the problem is that he wasn't seeing ghosts..he was seeing real live players in his face
IMHO, I think the "I'm seeing ghosts" comment came from one of his interceptions (I can't remember which one, there were so many that it is hard to keep track) where he read blitz and thought he was being blitzed so he unloaded the ball thinking he was under a lot of pressure when really there was more time.

I'm just guessing here... I was at a noisy bar for the game so I can't always analyze things after one viewing as much as I would like.

There will be fans dressed as Casper in every NFL stadium the Jets play in for the rest of the year.

Wait until after halloween and pick up a costume for pennies.

There will be fans dressed as Casper in every NFL stadium the Jets play in for the rest of the year.

Wait until after halloween and pick up a costume for pennies.

Pissed that we don't get another game against them this year. Unless they make the playoffs.

That crap franchise should be pissed about how much losing they’ve done since the 70s. If THiS is what gets them riled up, instead of the embarrassing performances, then it’s all you need to know. Winners win, losers whine.

Silly take.

If you agree to give some film team the ability to record your players with an understanding that they're not out to make anyone look bad are you really whining if they exacerbate a bad situation?

Imagine if NFL Films OK'ed us hearing BOB and Brady go at it when Brady lost his **** on Tiquan? IMO Brady was in the wrong there and would have came off very badly if they had played film of it. Then we'd be dealing with YEARS of fans saying Brady is a primadonna bully and citing that exchange.

The people handling this aren't going to be the coaches on the field who are going to be working (and probably failing) on fixing the product on the field. It'll be the lawyers and PR types. You can be upset about 2 different things, science has proved this recently.

Their next game is in Jville? Everyone in the stands should be wearing a ghost costume.

I love how it's right in time for Halloween, plus he has a pumpkin head

Their next game is in Jville? Everyone in the stands should be wearing a ghost costume.

You don't want 70,000 people dressed as ghosts in a city in North Florida (the southern part is in the north remember). It's like bringing the olympics to Atlanta, they never saw a flame that big without a cross in the middle of it or a pig turning on a spit on top of it.

The Jets OL should pick up the tab at least the first couple of Darnald’s shrink visits.

That said, who’s up for sending each of the a copy of Ghostbusters?
The rare 3rd down he converted when he got hammered right after throwing had him afraid of being hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back