PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets lose out on DRC

This makes no sense. Wrecks looks plenty bad enough without any plans against him, secret or otherwise. I mean, the things he does himself that look bad certainly aren't secret.

I was going to post that exact thought but I felt it would be terribly redundant and I try not to clutter the board with any more extra redundancy than it already suffers from....

I was going to post that exact thought but I felt it would be terribly redundant and I try not to clutter the board with any more extra redunancy than it already suffers from....
I'm sure you would've expressed it colorfully enough to have justified adding a similar point of view. ;)

True RT @adbrandt: Am told Jets wanted a "prove it" deal for DRC: $6M this year with options after. Offer didn't match zeal of recruiting

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/445736904344875008

So, after DRC told the Broncos to go pound sand with their offer, Idzik apparently wined him and dined him, but then tried to be the hard ass with the contract, and he lost out on yet another player. :singing:

I might be in the minority, but I actually have some sympathy for Rex. He isn't a bad coach; sure he might open his mouth too much, but it just provides some comic relief for the epic drama and tragedy that occurs every season. To make matters worse, he comes back every single year and his team isn't awful but isn't very good either. He is an underdog. In what could be his last season as HC, the front office isn't exactly making moves to help Rex win and save his job. Just the jets being the Jets... at the toll of Rexy

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/445736904344875008

So, after DRC told the Broncos to go pound sand with their offer, Idzik apparently wined him and dined him, but then tried to be the hard ass with the contract, and he lost out on yet another player. :singing:
Huh interesting and last year he played on a prove it contract I thought one-year, $5 million with the Broncos. If the guy was just contemplating retirement why would he jump at a one year offer?

I might be in the minority, but I actually have some sympathy for Rex. He isn't a bad coach; sure he might open his mouth too much, but it just provides some comic relief for the epic drama and tragedy that occurs every season. To make matters worse, he comes back every single year and his team isn't awful but isn't very good either. He is an underdog. In what could be his last season as HC, the front office isn't exactly making moves to help Rex win and save his job. Just the jets being the Jets... at the toll of Rexy

I actually like Rex now lol. He's a character.
I'm sure that's an unpopular opinion given how he came into the AFC East, and I used to dislike him for how he came into the AFC East, but he's taken his thumpings for it and now he's sort of funny.

I thought it was amusing last year when a reporter said: "It seems like you have to drive a stake through Brady's heart to stop him, otherwise he'll keep coming and coming and coming. To stop him you just have to completely kill him. What do you think?"

And Rex chuckled and said "Believe me, I've thought about it."

lol

In response to DRC signing with Giants

Idzik doesn't want any deusche bags on this team. He wants to find WINNERS, and not money grubbing whores like Revis, or guys that don't play when the team isn't winning, or say they are considering retirement before a Super Bowl (DRC).

Be patient people, moves will be made.

Which is exactly how I would have handled negotiations with a player like DRC. This is how this stuff is suppose to work. You don't hand out a big contract to a player with an EXTREMELY shaky past. It's how you end up getting burned.

Getting burned? They are going to get "burned" by having no CBs

In response to DRC signing with Giants

Getting burned? They are going to get "burned" by having no CBs

I'm gonna enjoy seeing Geno squirm this year. Rex's defenses made Brady look average for many years. This season our defense will make Geno look like JaMarcus Russell

I'm gonna enjoy seeing Geno squirm this year. Rex's defenses made Brady look average for many years. This season our defense will make Geno look like JaMarcus Russell
It would be even funnier if Idzik did not select a defensive player in the first three rounds of the 2014 NFL Draft. Rex's defense would certainly become Wrecks.

Rex-Yelling-480x377.jpg

It would be even funnier if Idzik did not select a defensive player in the first three rounds of the 2014 NFL Draft. Rex's defense would certainly become Wrecks.

But Rex is a defensive mastermind and the best in the NFL.

Just ask him.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back