PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets lose out on DRC

Nobody wants to play with poor Wrecks! :(

Jets Suck! :rocker:

Great post in response to the news at JI: "Good news. The worse we are the better so we can start over. We initially thought it was starting over at HC but its definitely Idzik too now. What a farce of a GM. "but he built the SB champion Seahawks." Ah, no, he didn't. He wasn't the GM there. Reports are Jets are signing the Seahawks janitor who also had a huge hand in building a champion." :rofl:

Here's another: "This is embarrassing already. If you want to rebuild slowly then piss off. 46 years is enough of rebuilding."

The only logical thing for the Jets to do is trade Wilkerson and Richardson to us for pick #29 so they can draft a CB.

For a Jets fan, this is worse than losing a game to the Patriots. Unless you live in NY, you can't imagine how this inflates the Jets fans' eternal inferiority complex.

So here's the thing. We always mock the Jets for 'winning the off-season' by throwing money around. Maybe the new guy (Idgit?) actually has a sound plan to build through the draft around the young front 7 talent that they already have. They aren't close enough that DRC was going to make any difference.

Of course Rex doesn't like it, he doesn't have the time for a rebuild. He knows he's likely a goner if they don't make the playoffs.

I only hope that Rex has pictures of Woody Johnson's wife's feet and Zidjik gets canned instead.

The Jets are exactly like the Yankees. Except for the winning part. And history and all that. But they chuck money around!

So here's the thing. We always mock the Jets for 'winning the off-season' by throwing money around. Maybe the new guy (Idgit?) actually has a sound plan to build through the draft around the young front 7 talent that they already have. They aren't close enough that DRC was going to make any difference.

Of course Rex doesn't like it, he doesn't have the time for a rebuild. He knows he's likely a goner if they don't make the playoffs.

I only hope that Rex has pictures of Woody Johnson's wife's feet and Zidjik gets canned instead.

The Jets are exactly like the Yankees. Except for the winning part. And history and all that. But they chuck money around!

:confused:

DRC is young enough that he could easily be around for the full 5 years. How would having a man corner around in a man corner system not help?

I fully advocate helping out the Jest by trading them Kyle Arrington and Justin Green for 3 1st round picks, Muhammad Wilkerson, and Sheldon Richardson.

:confused:

DRC is young enough that he could easily be around for the full 5 years. How would having a man corner around in a man corner system not help?

My point is that not signing DRC is not the end of the world for them. If the Giants paid 8 should they have paid 9?

You don't build a team by over-paying for guys that aren't difference makers.

If he had signed with them, great, they got a CB. But those guys seem ready to jump off a bridge over a guy who's less willing to tackle than the other Cromartie.

My point is that not signing DRC is not the end of the world for them. If the Giants paid 8 should they have paid 9?

You don't build a team by over-paying for guys that aren't difference makers.

If he had signed with them, great, they got a CB. But those guys seem ready to jump off a bridge over a guy who's less willing to tackle than the other Cromartie.

Yes, sometimes you build your team by overpaying for guys. On a Rex Ryan defense, the corners are difference makers. They make, or break, the scheme. DRC may not be elite, but he's good enough to have been a help on that defense. Jets fans realize that. Furthermore, they lost him to their cross-city rivals, and that's the only team they hate as much as the Patriots. Now, they may have to go back to Antonio, if it's not already too late by the time they get around to it. :singing:

Hell, that's why watching Talib to the Broncos (Jets Elation), followed by Revis to the Patriots (body blow) and, now, DRC to the Giants (uppercut) is so delicious.

Some Jets fans convinced this is the secret plan to make Rex look bad.

Good to know that while we celebrate signing Revis and Browner, Jet fans spend the off season debating conspiracy theories about their front office and the sure sucktitude of their 2014 season.

At first I thought Idzik was being smart but now I just don't know. Maybe he's like the Patriots and refuses to pay a price that he won't accept.

But at this point I'm beginning to think maybe he's going to tank because he figures the organization will get rid of Rex first and he'll have at least one year post Rex to show some turnaround.

So tank, lose a HC you don't like, reset the roster somewhat and work from there with a lot of cap space and some high draft picks.

Jets lost out on Bill which is far worse than DRC not going there.

At some point, they're going to have to go back to the Cro they cut.

At some point, they're going to have to go back to the Cro they cut.

nah...they can just wait it out until one of his kids hits the age of consent...which should be any day now

Some Jets fans convinced this is the secret plan to make Rex look bad.
This makes no sense. Wrecks looks plenty bad enough without any plans against him, secret or otherwise. I mean, the things he does himself that look bad certainly aren't secret.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back