PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets have already inquired about Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see him in Miami, it would ratchet up the intensity in the east big time and Belcihik and Brady would be fired up for it, I think it would push the Patriots to a higher level and make the remainder of Brady's career even more interesting.

I don't see him going to the Jets. They don't have the money and they have a loudmouth coach and a lockerrooom in shambles.

If it is a bidding war Miami gets him, the Bidwell's won't outspend Ross.

I also think the NY media is something that Peyton doesn't want to deal with... nevermind the fact that his brohter is sharing the stadium with him.

Jets aren't in the best cap situation with ateam that self destructed and have a ton of holes. Plus I can't say Peyton wanting to play for Rex

Most of what you said is spot on except ripping the defense and them rebuilding. They finished in the top 5 in most defensive categories last year despite having little 'star talent' outside of Revis and to some extent Harris. Our safeties sucked last year, and so did our OLB, yet our defense still excelled. Rex could put a bunch of JAGs out there and we'd still have a great defense, cause that's his bread and butter.

20th in points allowed is the stat that matters most, and that is not good.

the best fit for peyton in terms of what some of you people think he needs ( a dome) what everyone else thinks he needs ( a decent oline that excels with a quick release qb) and talent...is the saints

unfortunately they've got a qb already , albeit a pissed off qb

I doubt this will go past Tuesday but if it did and the Skins wanted to get creative they could offer Brees the deal he wants and give the Saints the 2 firsts if they won't match. I doubt Brees wants to go to Washington but it could get crazy if Manning is still floating around when free agency starts. Brees would have to either capitulate to the Saints offer or take the Redskins up on theirs.

Neither really say much actually... the offense left the defense in bad field position . 2nd in the league in fumbles lost, 7th in interceptions, and alot of punting from deep within their own endzone.

I agree that the Jets defense isn't as bad ass as it use to be, but the scoring could be attributed to the things we just gave up. But theres no way to really prove that I guess because they could of just as easily of given up those points on a long field as well

Neither really say much actually... the offense left the defense in bad field position . 2nd in the league in fumbles lost, 7th in interceptions, and alot of punting from deep within their own endzone.

I agree that the Jets defense isn't as bad ass as it use to be, but the scoring could be attributed to the things we just gave up. But theres no way to really prove that I guess because they could of just as easily of given up those points on a long field as well

Agreed, points allowed is a valuable stat, but it does require context. Any defense will give up a lot more points if it's playing opposite a turnover-prone offense that has tons of three and outs.

Fun facts:

The Jets, with all the crying about the offense, finished 13th in points scored
The Jets, with all the raving about the defense, finished 20th in points allowed
The Jets, at -3, were 19th in turnover differential

Fun facts:

The Jets, with all the crying about the offense, finished 13th in points scored
The Jets, with all the raving about the defense, finished 20th in points allowed
The Jets, at -3, were 19th in turnover differential

So they were near the top in turnovers, near the bottom in yards, middle of the pack in scoring, near bottom of in points allowed, near the top in takeaways

so it seems like the defense bailed the offense out, the offense left the defense with in a bad position more than most, and that while their defense is good it just isn't what it was for the past two years before that.

BREAKING NEWS RELEVANT TO THREAD.

Rich Cimini, who is an HSPN tool now, was a pretty good beat reporter covering the Jests for the NY Daily News for years, so I tend to think he knows what he's talking about. He's reported in the last hour that neither the Jets nor the Skins are not going to be Peyton's choice and that it's down to Glendale, Miami and Elway.

If you take delight in such things (not that I do of course :) ), the wrist-slitting has started on the Jets board.

Fantasy Football Breaking News - Rotoworld.com

Last edited:
So they were near the top in turnovers, near the bottom in yards, middle of the pack in scoring, near bottom of in points allowed, near the top in takeaways

so it seems like the defense bailed the offense out, the offense left the defense with in a bad position more than most, and that while their defense is good it just isn't what it was for the past two years before that.

A few more fun stats:

#9 in offensive TOP
#10 in offensive plays from scrimmage
#25 in offensive YPG
#28 in offensive YPP

Is there a run on knives in the New York City area?

I'm going to try to sell a few of mine tonight on Second Avenue, right outside the sports bars. :singing:

This is true but using this stat shows you have a poor grasp of it. Of course Pats fans flock to it cause it's about the only stat that shows you have somewhat of a below average defense, compared to just about every other stat that ranks you dead last.

The stat takes into account the amount of pick 6's and fumble return for TDs your offense and special teams gave up essentially penalizing the defense for no reason. If your offense turns the ball over inside the 10 and your defense proceeds to give up 3 points, is it there fault? Not really.

Unfortunately, the Jets led the league in points off turnovers (over HALF the points our defense gave up were due to plays of this magnitude, by far and away the most in the NFL) due to Sanchez ineptitude coupled with having the most special teams turnovers in the league. Yes, we were THAT bad last year on offense and ST.

This is true but using this stat shows you have a poor grasp of it. Of course Pats fans flock to it cause it's about the only stat that shows you have somewhat of a below average defense, compared to just about every other stat that ranks you dead last.

The stat takes into account the amount of pick 6's and fumble return for TDs your offense and special teams gave up essentially penalizing the defense for no reason. If your offense turns the ball over inside the 10 and your defense proceeds to give up 3 points, is it there fault? Not really.

Unfortunately, the Jets led the league in points off turnovers (over HALF the points our defense gave up were due to plays of this magnitude, by far and away the most in the NFL) due to Sanchez ineptitude coupled with having the most special teams turnovers in the league. Yes, we were THAT bad last year on offense and ST.

I am a person with a tremendous appreciation of irony. Thank you for making me laugh. The defensive ratings do not include yards or TDs given up by the offense.

So you're saying your head doesn't not hurt?

no...he's saying that he's wondering whether he has a head to hurt...at least that's how I read it...

Did you miss the double slaughter of YOUR hapless SOJ's last season by this "dead last" Patriot team??

seems to me you just cannot keep yourself from stepping on your d!ck no matter how hard you try...here's the TRUTH...Pats fans flock to THIS..,.watching YOU and your SOJ hammerhead flock try to rip and tear away at Patriot fans on a patriot board for believing that their team is pretty good. It would seem a run to the Super Bowl with this so-called atrocious defense and the FACT that the defense did a helluva lot better job on the Jets than the Jets defense did on the Pats wouldn't be lost on ANY semi-conscious football fan....but, once again, YOU prove that Jet fan is absolutely THE most ignorant,myopic, uneducated mouthbreather associated with any sports team anywhere.

Last edited:
and the hilarity ensues!!!

as Ray Ray 19 exclaims from sea to shining sea..

Brady in the twilght...Sanchez ELITE!! Ceiling UNLIMITED!!!!

what a completely nutso extension...proving once again...SOJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick