PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets cut Revis

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he lost like 10 lbs...he'd probably thrive in Ryan's role.

Wonder if he swallows his pride with a new team on the cheap or just retires.

If he cares about anything other than money... a big IF at this point. It wouldn't be a bad idea for Revis to resign with the Pats to rehab his image for history. Sign him for something in the $5m range say. Revis comes in to replace Ryan, looks great because Belichick sets him to succeed, gets a 2nd ring, and history will forgive his sucking with the Jets as a problem of the Jets.

I'm trying to think what the equivalent would be if the situations were reversed and a player left the Patriots and won a title with the Jets (feel free to take a moment to compose yourself after laughing.) Considering Revis' stature with the Jets and around the league in his first stint with NY, it would have to be like if Brady left.

Imagine living through that: Brady leaves, goes to Tampa for a year, then ends up on the Jets. He wins a title with them, but comes back to New England for a big contract. Patriots fans are happy, and while Brady is pretty good, he's not quite as good as he was before. In his second season, he's Osweiler/Cutler-level bad. On top of that, the Jets win another Super Bowl and the Patriots cut Brady in the offseason.

I think I would remove or minimize the NFL from my life if I had to watch that all unfold.

He should just retire at this point.

So how much did Revis make in 2 years with the jets?
WAY, WAY too much. Dummies. First they see how well the Pats do with him here. Gets a ring.
Then they tamper to get him back.

GoToHell >"nothing to see here, move along".

They get him back> ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha:D:):p.

Is BB really that smart, or are they really that stupid?

No wonder people are clamoring to get a movie going about these guys. It really is Chess> checkers

I didn't think we should have re-signed him considering what we would have had to match (the Jets were way overpaying) but I have to admit I didn't predict the absolute career divebomb we ended up getting.

IMG_0424.JPG Would that franchise be dumb enough to bring Mangold "home" after he wins a ring with the Pats in 2017?

Jets 74 - Pats 0

hint - the answer begins with a y and ends with an s. :D

Last edited:
I still believe in Revis and would take him here at the vet minimum.

You know what? If I understand it correctly Revis could sign here for the vet minimum and the Jets would have to make up the difference for his 6 Million due this year.

That would be just too juicy to pass up.

I was one of those post SB #4... figured it'd be better to keep him over DM. BB > me. Way better.
im still trying to convince my brother that the Pats were better after trading Collins. think going 14-2 and winning the super bowl would convince him

So Revis spent one year in NE made 13 mill, won 15 games and a championship.

Since he left he earned 39 mill won 13 games and never saw the playoffs.

Since he left the patriots gave other players 39 mill, won 30 games and another championship.

By the way revis' teams in his career are 69-71 in games he has played.

Karma really came back to bite him in the ass on that one. He should have kept his mouth shut.
You know what? If I understand it correctly Revis could sign here for the vet minimum and the Jets would have to make up the difference for his 6 Million due this year.

That would be just too juicy to pass up.
How old is he? What's the history of all time DB's adjusting their game and extending ? Pretty good I think? Woodsons come to mind.

How old is he? What's the history of all time DB's adjusting their game and extending ? Pretty good I think? Woodsons come to mind.

Could you imagine if Revis came back as a CB3 and got a 2nd ring while the jets were still paying him 5 million bucks? Buahahahaha

Holy **** that would be funny.

So Revis spent one year in NE made 13 mill, won 15 games and a championship.

Since he left he earned 39 mill won 13 games and never saw the playoffs.

Since he left the patriots gave other players 39 mill, won 30 games and another championship.

By the way revis' teams in his career are 69-71 in games he has played.
a0KEk_f-thumbnail-100-0_s-600x0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore