PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets cut Revis

Status
Not open for further replies.
He better have a hold on that soap better than he did on his coverage.

Could you imagine if Revis came back as a CB3 and got a 2nd ring while the jets were still paying him 5 million bucks? Buahahahaha

Holy **** that would be funny.
Yes. Did I stutter? :)

For all the Revis lovers, let us not forget...

and

Revis on Deflategate: Patriots 'have a history'

You want to welcome him back after that, go for it...I wouldn't even let him back in the state after that ********...
Worst was he sent his Mom for his SB ring. What did Mankins say during negotiations?
I'm lookin forward to tomorrows NY News & Post and WFAN Joe Bignino.
I'm looking forward to Sports Dope retirement and Joe and Evan being real.

Can't come fast enough for me.
DaBronx... There's a Demolition party for the Kostyushko Bridge coming up... Would be great to down the Dope the same way. Surely he'd just dump the call though.

If he lost like 10 lbs...he'd probably thrive in Ryan's role.

Wonder if he swallows his pride with a new team on the cheap or just retires.
Hell, he might be going to JAIL!

I have written this before on this forum but its my favorite Illustration to show how hapless the jets are. The jets paid Revis 100 million dollars for zero rings. Pats paid him 12 million dollars over two years.... 1 ring. Kind of sums up the difference between the two franchises.

Last edited:
I think we haven't heard the last from mevis. Assuming he doesn't go to rikers island i see him working hard in the offseason to get back in football shape and working on his game. Like someone mentioned he could lose 10 pounds. He will be invited to someone's training camp.

Aftet his antics, this will be the only Island he's on....

was3934732.jpg

If he cares about anything other than money... a big IF at this point. It wouldn't be a bad idea for Revis to resign with the Pats to rehab his image for history. Sign him for something in the $5m range say. Revis comes in to replace Ryan, looks great because Belichick sets him to succeed, gets a 2nd ring, and history will forgive his sucking with the Jets as a problem of the Jets.

Ryan played a lot of times in the slot and against big wide receivers, at this stage of his career Revis can't do either. The only viable position for him really now is at safety and he isn't good enough to replace DMC, and he is not strong enough to replace Chung because he is not built to be a strong safety.

I think we haven't heard the last from mevis. Assuming he doesn't go to rikers island i see him working hard in the offseason to get back in football shape and working on his game. Like someone mentioned he could lose 10 pounds. He will be invited to someone's training camp.
I agree. I think when things started going south last year he realized that he would actually be better off financially by getting cut, so he made sure that happened.

Damn man, I'm not gonna lie, I was one of the idiots who wanted to keep him.
Man I would suck at running an NFL team.
I can't even win head to heads one dollar games on fkn fan duel.

His best bet is to probably play safety at this point but my guess is he will retire if he doesn't get a big money deal. He's gotten pretty fat and sassy since leaving New England.

I still believe in Revis and would take him here at the vet minimum.
You know what? If I understand it correctly Revis could sign here for the vet minimum and the Jets would have to make up the difference for his 6 Million due this year.
That would be just too juicy to pass up.
Vet minimum + pride + FU @ Jets? Yes
Thing is, he's already on the record for saying
Jets’ Revis admits: ‘My body’s breaking down’

and he's not the same Revis he was two years ago:
image.jpeg

Spends more time at Atlantic Health than he does on the field.

Sure, if we sign him for anything under $6M the Jets pick up the difference, but presuming he's paid under $6M this year (a safe presumption) he'll make the same whether he plays or whether he sits on the couch eating bon-bons and counting the $118M he's already made in his career.

My bet is that he and his "broken down body" aren't good enough to make the Pats these days, and he doesn't have the desire to do the things it takes to be a good enough safety to make the Pats these days. I can't picture himself throwing his body at big running backs breaking through the line.

I hope I'm wrong and I hope I'm being overly cynical but when you read his quotes in the paper I don't think I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes