PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets cut Revis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quitting on your team after getting paid like that means only ONE term fits Revis at this point:

DOGFAKER!

You are all welcome.

Last edited:
Been a while since I last saw that Patsfans.com original. :D

Thought I'd dust it off......

I've got neckties older than some of the posters in here!

Asset-00620_image.jpg

Certainly but Ryan is going to cost over 10 mill a year. Revis at 4 would be better but I think Revis retires because he won't play for what teams will be willing to pay him.

I honestly don't want to see how Revis looks when he is playing for peanuts like 4m. Like Curran said in his article, this is not the place for players that don't have mental toughness and he seemed to have lost his edge past superbowl.

I honestly don't want to see how Revis looks when he is playing for peanuts like 4m. Like Curran said in his article, this is not the place for players that don't have mental toughness and he seemed to have lost his edge past superbowl.
I don't think you get to the level of Revis without pride. Being cut, having to take 4 mill and playing here for BB would bring out that pride if anything can.

However as I said I think he retires because he is insulted that anyone would offer him what they are about to

There is nothing positive about keeping those idiotic cheating memes out in public. To me, it soured his season in NE. On the field he was great, and I didn't mind him going to NY and cashing in. But for him to say those things is like a slap in the face to fans and to his teammates....like nothing he did really mattered because he felt the same way he would have if he wasn't on the team. F him.

I never liked him. It started for me when he first received a huge bonus up front from the Jets and then held out because he wasn't making enough. I can't respect that.

His comments after he left here only made it worse.

F him indeed.

I don't think you get to the level of Revis without pride. Being cut, having to take 4 mill and playing here for BB would bring out that pride if anything can.

However as I said I think he retires because he is insulted that anyone would offer him what they are about to

I haven't seen Revis play for pride or to prove anyone something ever. It was always a business decision - even the "discounted" year here in NE. He never seemed to be the player that was driven by a "chip on his shoulder" but mostly celebrity status and money.

I haven't seen Revis play for pride or to prove anyone something ever. It was always a business decision - even the "discounted" year here in NE. He never seemed to be the player that was driven by a "chip on his shoulder" but mostly celebrity status and money.
How do you "see someone play for pride". Arguably most of the best players in any sport are driven by pride.

We should just drop this because your opinions on the mindset, motivation and reasoning of someone you never met because of what you saw will only lead to silliness

I do not believe that is correct. The jets owed him 6 mill guaranteed and he can go and he can go and get paid whatever a team is willing to pay in too if that.
I had to look this up as I remembered some talking heads mentioning this, but wasn't 100% sure. Over the Cap has it that this $6 million came with an offset clause:

The way the contract is written the $6 million guarantee contains an offset clause which gives the Jets the right to recover any salary, up to $6 million, that Revis will earn from another team in 2017. What that means is that unless Revis earns more than $6 million, his compensation is maxed out. Since it is doubtful that any other team in the NFL would pay Revis more than $6 million based on how poor he has looked at cornerback the last two years, there would be no incentive to pay him more than the minimum, which is around $1 million for the year. If he was successful at safety playing for $1 million while the Jets pay him an additional $5 million, it would look like the Jets handed him on a silver platter to a rival
So any contract up to $6 million means no additional money in Darelle's account. He is 99.9% taking 2017 off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes