PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets already moving on, yikes

On their forums, they’re calling him the worst Jets draft bust ever over Gholston to broad agreement. Since they are connoisseurs of draft busts that’s pretty high praise.

He's awful and they've bad a big enough sample size. They have a good roster and really cant be sinking years into hoping this guy suddenly shows improvement. I just hope they don't somehow end up with someone actually good that makes this division even tougher.

On their forums, they’re calling him the worst Jets draft bust ever over Gholston to broad agreement. Since they are connoisseurs of draft busts that’s pretty high praise.
Second worst draft bust in Jets history is generous. Gholston was a similar player to Wilson - super athletic, unproven, high ceiling, low floor, but he was taken 6th overall instead of 2nd, played a less valuable position, and came out in a draft in which there was significant talent drop-off after him.

In 2008, the only 1st round edge taken after Gholston was only-slightly-less-of-a-bust Derrick Harvey, and the only edge rushers taken after Gholston who did anything in the league were Calias Campbell (taken 50th overall) and Cliff Avril (92nd). Wilson was taken in a historically top heavy QB class that produced 3 first round picks taken after Wilson, plus three other day 2 picks.

yup. Maybe we can trade for Rodgers and watch the patriots put up the 32nd most points in the league with a HOF Qb that only gets screen passes called for them by our 2nd year defensive coordinator turned OC.
Yeah I know it's crazy how he helped a rookie post back to back >100 passer rating games. It can't be Mac Jones at all

How is that lucky? It's chiefly BECAUSE of Patricia's inability to coordinate a coherent offense that Mac has looked so bad.
Somehow MP got a rookie to back to back >100 passer rating games. I'm trying to figure out how he's so bad he ruined Mac

Somehow MP got a rookie to back to back >100 passer rating games. I'm trying to figure out how he's so bad he ruined Mac

Keep trying. When you're ready to give up, ask for help.

id like to see scouting report on this guy

He's pretty good at running around quickly and not getting tackled. Convert him to WR? Or too stupid for either position?

I would love to see him on the Pats this summer competing for the starter's job. Give old Mac a run for his money. Stick it to the JETE. He would be a great reclamation project. Need a slightly better QB coach on the staff first....

You just want this to happen in hopes that his mother will show up to training camp so you can hit of her:rofl:

Is it just me or was this article really hard to read? Was Florio high when he wrote this? Feels like abuse of the English language.

You are probably hammered with Crisrmas cheer. Reread it Tuesday and it might seem like English. ;)

"...Whatever they do, it’s smart to let Wilson get a fresh start someone where..."

Nope, still gibberish.

...In 2008, the only 1st round edge taken after Gholston was only-slightly-less-of-a-bust Derrick Harvey, and the only edge rushers taken after Gholston who did anything in the league were Calias Campbell (taken 50th overall) and Cliff Avril (92nd)...

Inexcusable that Avril wasn't a Patriot.

If I was the GM in KC or GB I'd roll the dice on him as a backup with the idea he wants to be Mahomes and Rodgers so he would listen to them. Worst case if you can revamp his game you can get some draft equity out of it. If not, oh well. I would make him restructure if that was via a trade. I really don't know what the Jets can get for him with the guaranteed money.

If Wilson treats this as a wake up call and rededicates himself to learning how to play the position at the NFL level, he might be able to turn it around. The odds aren't good. And he will need to go to a place with great coaching.

I would love to see him on the Pats this summer competing for the starter's job. Give old Mac a run for his money. Stick it to the JETE. He would be a great reclamation project. Need a slightly better QB coach on the staff first....

If his attitude/leadership skills are as bad as are now being reported, the only way to save this kid is to get him off of the Jets and into a 100% backup role on another team. If he gets booted from the Jets only to be in a competition for the starter job on another team, he's not going to learn anything, because he'll internalize that as "The Jets suck, and this was just the Jets being the Jets".

Stapling his ass to the bench for at least a year, while working on his game and attitude is the only way. See Rosen, Josh for a comparison.

Mac won't be far behind I am sure BB have seen enough. Tua is the Second Best QB vegetable in the division who saw that coming??
FIFY

:crying::eek::(

Last edited:

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back