PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets already moving on, yikes

Wilson is truly awful, and he seems to lack the makeup and character to overcome it. He can do the trick shots, but he can't do the job, and likely never will. I might take him on as a project, for the heck of it, but nothing more, and only if he's a world class bargain, which ain't gonna happen.

As for Mac, I am convinced that the off. coaching this year was SO bad that we have learned absolutely NOTHING about his virtues and deficits. Given this and the investment in draft stock, we have to get a better look at him next year, but I think we should get that look in the context of a genuine competition with Zappe, maybe some veteran cast off. Zappe has earned a closer look, and he hasn't gotten it so far. I suspect Mac would win such a competition over Zappe, but I don't know, and neither do you.

Wilson’s arm and athleticism can’t be taught.
I would love to fix him or Drew lock.
I still believe Drew Lock still has a future in the league.
Busts often or typically have attributes that "can't be taught." Unfortunately, they don't have the aptitude necessary to be taught the virtues they do NOT have. They can't, that is, be taught much of anything. That certainly appears to be the case with Wilson who in the nfl so far has shown no improvement of any kind at any time: just a lot of running around and random laser throws to nowhere. Besides, he's just such a punchable little twerp.

Mac won't be far behind I am sure BB have seen enough. Tua is the Second Best QB in the division who saw that coming??
i could be fairly productive with Miami's WRs corps

...On a side note I've been a big Mike White fan. I love his leadership qualities and toughness. I had a 2nd on him and think that guy can play if given a real shot.

Yeah I also liked him as a mid-Day-3 prospect in 2018... Bill has usually drafted a QB every 2-3 years anyway, and he didn't the previous year, but unfortunately the pick he could've used on White was idiotically thrown down the toilet (PLUS a 7th!) in exchange for Cassius the back-stabber Marsh. Bill should've just re-signed Chris Long to the 2-year deal he wanted (& received, unfortunately) from the Fecals.

Last edited:
I used to think the Jets were breaking Wilson, but it is clear Wilson is a turd and potentially uncoachable.
All of the above can be true. Jete have no institutional history of developing QBs. Wilson, Darnold, Hackenberg, Sanchez, etc. Note Mike White was taken off Dallas's practice squad, no credit for developing him goes to da Jete.

Wait -- da Jete still have fans? After 50+ years of SUCKING?

Wilson is truly awful, and he seems to lack the makeup and character to overcome it. He can do the trick shots, but he can't do the job, and likely never will. I might take him on as a project, for the heck of it, but nothing more, and only if he's a world class bargain, which ain't gonna happen.
He'll end up in Seattle, Arizona, Cincinnati, Houston or Detroit.

As for Mac, I am convinced that the off. coaching this year was SO bad that we have learned absolutely NOTHING about his virtues and deficits
Ive read this quite a bit. If scouts thought this way they'd be out of a job.

We learned quite a bit from this year.

Thelonious said:

As for Mac, I am convinced that the off. coaching this year was SO bad that we have learned absolutely NOTHING about his virtues and deficits.

We learned quite a bit from this year.

We have, but we still haven't learned quite enough.

Last edited:
They have masochists. A lamentable condition passed down through generations.

View attachment 48591
Dat's child abuse right dere!

Best news in a while:

Translation: Woody told me and the GM that he plays or we all get fired!

We have, but we still haven't learned quite enough.
We learned (yet again) da Jete's worst enemy is themselves.

Mr. Clean, Bim Saleh Bim, the leader of men, goes out and tells the world, along with his football team, that Zach will be back.

None of the players and none of the fans want to see Milfson ever play again.

Yet Bim stands at the podium with a straight face and tells them Milfson will be back.

SOFJ.

Dat's child abuse right dere!

Translation: Woody told me and the GM that he plays or we all get fired!

Mr. Clean, Bim Saleh Bim, the leader of men, goes out and tells the world, along with his football team, that Zach will be back.

Yet Bim stands at the podium with a straight face and tells them Milfson will be back.

SOFJ.

Bim's presser changes the narrative of this thread, IMO. He simply can't come out ONCE AGAIN and explicitly declare Punky "the future" if they plan to move on from him. He might be done for this season but at this time I'd expect McMilfson to be aboard for 2023.

If his attitude/leadership skills are as bad as are now being reported, the only way to save this kid is to get him off of the Jets and into a 100% backup role on another team. If he gets booted from the Jets only to be in a competition for the starter job on another team, he's not going to learn anything, because he'll internalize that as "The Jets suck, and this was just the Jets being the Jets".

Stapling his ass to the bench for at least a year, while working on his game and attitude is the only way. See Rosen, Josh for a comparison.
Would he be wrong?

SOFJ.

We have, about Punky: Dude's covered in JetePunkStank that will take years, if not Forever, to wash-away...

I was actually responding, and have made the correction in my post, to BGC's response to Thelonius about Mac himself, about how the tragicomedy of errors at Both offensive Tackles, the stupid & poorly-coached WRs, the poorly-coached TEs, and the unqualified, incompetent slappiness of his coaches have made drawing a definitive conclusion about him & his future nearly impossible.

That's right, Bim! Never give up on the kid!

"The plan for Zach hasn't changed," Saleh told reporters on Monday afternoon. "I still think he has a future here, I still think he's going to be a really good quarterback. He needs time to sit back and continue the development that we're trying to re-kickstart, if you will, after the New England game. Still have him in our future and our plans."

He does have great physical traits (outside of getting hurt). I’d trade for him, then send him on vacation to Russia with a little bit of weed. Let him spend a year or two in a Russian gulag. That should humble him and toughen him up.

If Texans give up on Davis mills , we should get him here. I feel he will thrive here.
I like Mills as competition for Mac next summer over Zappe. Mills also has a much better arm than both those guys.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back