PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jermaine O'Neal

i hope im wrong also. i hope he plays great but im not counting on it.
We all hope that everyone will work out captain insano. The nature of sport is that rarely occurs. Meeting expectation will be good enough. The team's fortunes are Rondo-centric as it were.

Last edited:
i agreed j oneal over shaq but i still love them lol

I don't get why so many fans and local media pundits are so down on Jermaine O'Neal. So he's 31 and has a lot of miles on his body, so what? He's a LOT better upgrade over Rasheed Wallace or Shaq, in my opinion.

Look up his stats. He's been extremely consistent. As the main guy in Indiana, he was putting up Gasol numbers. The past 4 years as more of a role player, he played 28-30 minutes a game, and put up 13 points and 8 rebounds, almost the exact numbers every year. He plays mostly down low unlike Rasheed, and has high FG percentage figures. Given the other guys playing for the same amount of money, Jermaine O'Neal is arguably a good deal, a discount/bargain at his salary. Darko is almost making as much as he is.

He isn't slow as molasses as Shaq either, who would have been a terrible fit for this Celtics team which likes to run.

People were done on him more in Miami, he obviously didn’t play up to his contact, he was the highest paid player in the league last year. He will need to be a solid contributor with Perk side lined for a while

People were done on him more in Miami, he obviously didn’t play up to his contact, he was the highest paid player in the league last year.

That's been my feeling as well. As a Maximum Contract Player he was a horrible failure.

He'd not have been a horrible player at the veteran minimum.

The Celts have him at not all that more than that, and his backup numbers are decent, so I view this as a good signing.

No matter how little he gets paid I still wouldn't count on him offering anything in the playoffs.

So now that we're a few games into the season, do you guys have any thoughts on Jermaine as a Celtic? Tonight is the first night I've seen him play quality minutes and he still looks soft.

So now that we're a few games into the season, do you guys have any thoughts on Jermaine as a Celtic? Tonight is the first night I've seen him play quality minutes and he still looks soft.

i only saw him with his uniform on. :confused3:

Still looked soft???? He is not Shaq where he will pound you but he threw boguts crap out of bounds and knocked down a few jumpers....I think he has been solid so far and teams keep challenging him and he keeps blocking shots.....Looks good to me....

Still looked soft???? He is not Shaq where he will pound you but he threw boguts crap out of bounds and knocked down a few jumpers....I think he has been solid so far and teams keep challenging him and he keeps blocking shots.....Looks good to me....

He's always good for a couple of jumpshots. He's even better for missing more. Last night, I saw him and the Celtics get pounded on the boards. He was usually in the thick of it and was getting outrebounded.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back