PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeff Howe: Pats in market for a WR and TE

Status
Not open for further replies.

The thing with Cajuste that makes me a bit pessimistic about seeing him this year is that Reiss stated that Wynn has been regularly attending meetings while rehabbing the injury that put him on IR. We have not heard anything from Cajuste yet, media folks have not seen him in a while and he has not practiced a single time this year.

It would be a shocking surprise if he could just come in after missing all this time. Stranger things have happened but I guess Cajuste is a 2020 prospect.

In terms of Harry I think we should know by whenever the next practice is. I doubt BB gives us anything in his press conference today.

Last edited:
Weird people aren't excited for Harry. Looked good in the few preseason plays he played, had a more or less full camp, and he's a 1st round receiver... Yeah, he's a rookie, but look at what Terry McLaurin is doing.

Weird people aren't excited for Harry. Looked good in the few preseason plays he played, had a more or less full camp, and he's a 1st round receiver... Yeah, he's a rookie, but look at what Terry McLaurin is doing.
But he doesn’t have a nickname like “Scary Harry” yet :D

Tampa

OJ Howard (1M) - rookie deal through 2020 (plus 5th year option)

Breshad Perriman (4M) - final year, deep threat

Atlanta

Austin Hooper (2M) - final year rookie deal (no 5th year option, 3rd round pick out of Stanford)

Mohamed Sanu (6M) - signed for 2020 at 6.5M

=====

I would be excited to get either OJ Howard or Austin Hooper at tight end.

Hooper is a FA but the 2019 franchise tag for TE was $10.4M. Even if it goes up to around $11M I assume they will franchise him while working on a long term deal. Howard or Eifert may be our best options.

Yeah, I think people are just pessimistic because of the history of rookie receivers on the patriots. On the other hand though, Harry is nothing like any patriots receiver drafted prior.

if he knows the offense he should contribute. And hes worked with brady all camp.

Yeah, I think people are just pessimistic because of the history of rookie receivers on the patriots. On the other hand though, Harry is nothing like any patriots receiver drafted prior.

if he knows the offense he should contribute. And hes worked with brady all camp.
It’s the rookie thing for sure.

I don’t think the Pats will trade for either a WR or a TE.

I’m cautiously optimistic. We’ve seen time and time again that it takes quite a bit of time for Brady to feel good about rookies (with just a few serving as exceptions). Meyers has largely done a solid job in what is asked of him and Tom still seems a little hesitant to throw his way more often.

It looks like he has little choice but to do it this season. Meyers and Harry (once back) will need more touches for them to become impactful. Once we have Gordon and Dorsett back you’d think the ship might be stabilized a bit.

The OL remains the crux of our offensive issues. If they have Wynn back and he stays on the field it could help turn things around. But that also means guys like Shaq Mason need to get their **** together and play like we know they are capable of.

Harry didn’t have a couple great preseason games he had a couple great preseason plays. And he’s meant to be the savior?

Jacobi Myers also lit up training camp. And people are being cautious with Harry because he's a rookie in a complicated offense.

I would be incredibly surprised if Diggs gets moved after the game he had. OJ Howard is more likely at this point.

I'm thinking the Patriots do nothing. BB trusts that the TE's will improve. And maybe Harry will make a difference.

I'm thinking the Patriots do nothing. BB trusts that the TE's will improve. And maybe Harry will make a difference.

If nothing happens my guess is because other teams weren’t willing to deal. I trust BB to at least attempt to improve the situations on offense.

You think they should have paid Dwayne Allen $7.4 million this season?!

damn...id forgotten that figure

no i cant say i do

but i will put some blame on structuring it that way to begin with

What TEs? LaCosse?

And Harry does not make up for Gronk's loss in the blocking game. I believe Michel's struggles are mainly as a result of Gronk not being there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down