PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jason La Canfora: Revis return to Patriots looking increasingly likely

Status
Not open for further replies.
No just no.....screw him and the Jets subsequent cheating/tampering that took place after his last stint. At least then he still was legitimate #1 CB

Dont let him try to use us again. He aint worth it anymore and just a JAG now living off his past accolades

Dont let him try to use us again. He aint worth it anymore and just a JAG now living off his past accolades

Not gonna argue that he hasn't slipped - because I think everyone except his mom would agree he has. But isn't it possible the Jets didn't have the right personnel and right system for him last year? That his potential play for us would be better than what we saw last year because our coaches know how to use him?

lol, I think this is a great fit if you are looking for the next guy to help lockdown a receiver with safety help over the top and give the second option receiver to Gilmore.

If he has anything left in the tank at all in the opinion of BB and Patricia, I'd love to have him back, just to have a guy on the Roster who is being paid $5 or so million, depending on the deal, by the Jets to play for the Patriots. That would be pretty darn close to "Christmas in March" territory.

Last edited:
This way, the Patriots can buy low on the veteran in the short term should they want to move him to safety.

Oh my god, Revis can't play safety, and even if he did, in what world could Revis beat out Harmon or McCourty. La Can full of ****.:eek:

I'm in. Sign him cheap and see if he can get into shape. Maybe he can help train/teach the rookies they will need to draft to replace Butler.

He had a very bad year after getting fat and happy. It would be up to BB to assess the likelihood of there being improvement if Revis rededicates himself to the game. My guess is that he'd be an upgrade over most of the current CBs.

Perhaps I'm overplaying the 'fat and slow' narrative that has followed him this season. Maybe it's being overly exaggerated and that a Revis playing at 75% of his usual self is still better than most other CBs

All I care about is winning. If he helps the team win, great. I don't care about the comments. He isn't my friend. He is a pawn in BB's winning. Winning is everything. Words & disrespect - in this case - irrelevant.
And I'm certain the NE brass view it the same exact way.

Do not care that Revis left and care only slightly that he bad mouthed the Patriots post departure. Neither would disqualify him for me.
I DO care that he was not only fat (fixable) but that he simply stood there and made little to no attempt to tackle players in his vicinity. I'm not convinced that he'll have the absolute motivation when we really, REALLY need it. Don't trust his character.

The jets coaches probably told him not to tackle anyone... We dont do that here.

I would sign Al Bagdadi if he could cover/rush the passer.

If he's cheap and useful, I understand the reasonableness of checking him out. I'd rather not have him around, though, I'd find it hard to root for him, given the c--p he put down after leaving last time. So have him in, see what he says and what he can still do. Give him a test: I'll be over here hoping he flunks it royally so I don't have to hear about him any more, except maybe in the context of Jets-mockery. He's useful for that still, I'm sure.

Perhaps I'm overplaying the 'fat and slow' narrative that has followed him this season. Maybe it's being overly exaggerated and that a Revis playing at 75% of his usual self is still better than most other CBs

Aging cornerbacks are like bum livers: they work pretty darn well right up until they don't work at all. Behind a step is as bad as behind by a mile. (Besides: I just don't like the b----d.)

Last edited:
I want him back. So shoot me.

I could use a shooting anyway.
I know the feeling. Maybe try just punching yourself in the nose. Sometimes that can help. If you lack the nerve, have your wife do it. After a few years of marriage, they're usually up for that kind of thing.

another story based on nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back