PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jason La Canfora: Revis return to Patriots looking increasingly likely

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate this. i didn't like mevis before he was patriot and i hate him more now. I can not stand him. I dont care how much weight he loses. the only good thing about this is what it will do to jets fans lmao.

Revis looked done last year but so did Chris Long before he came to the Patriots. New England has a way of whipping veterans into shape and if anyone can revive a career, it's BB. I'm unsure on Revis but the possibility of a low cost deal isn't absurd.

I personally don't want him here but this is a pure business decision. If BB thinks he'd be great value for a vet minimum; still has something left in the tank and his comments after leaving won't be a problem BB will do the right thing. After trading 2 franchise caliber players and still winning a championship I won't even dare to question his off season moves anymore.

On the plus side, if he comes here it's because he has something to prove. Otherwise he'd just get his 6m$ for sitting this season out or retire

I hate this. i didn't like mevis before he was patriot and i hate him more now. I can not stand him. I dont care how much weight he loses. the only good thing about this is what it will do to jets fans lmao.

You make it sound like driving Jets fans insane with grief is only a small part of the equation.

It's like...the MAIN THING.

Dunno why people care about that tampering lol it's very obviously ruined some money for the Jets.

Then when it comes to Revis? I dunno. That sudden decline had to be mental. I could be wrong, but I think after he tasted the most well-functioned organization, he realized too late how cancerous the Jets organization is.

Or he could just be garbage, I dunno. I will always like Revis.

He clearly gave up, but if that's something that was an automatic disqualification for Belichick then Blount or Moss, to name a few, would never have come here.

Not gonna argue that he hasn't slipped - because I think everyone except his mom would agree he has. But isn't it possible the Jets didn't have the right personnel and right system for him last year? That his potential play for us would be better than what we saw last year because our coaches know how to use him?

I totally agree with your points and have full faith in our coaching staff to always put a player in best position to succeed. I just dont trust him considering the outcome the last time.

Not doubting BB cant get the most from him but dont reward someone who screwed you over for more cash to go back to hated rival. He just wants to be a diva again and Mevis want his $$$. Let him resurrect his derailed image off of another team.

Its the principle of the matter that bothers me and he isnt Revis Island anymore to overlook the bs from last time......and apparently Karma quite agrees with that as well it seems

Last edited:
I cannot possibly read this thread.

No thank you Revis.

I feel like bill could whip him into shape and put him in a position to succeed. even if we keep butler.

He clearly gave up, but if that's something that was an automatic disqualification for Belichick then Blount or Moss, to name a few, would never have come here.
Dillon too in CIN.

If he's cheap and useful, I understand the reasonableness of checking him out. I'd rather not have him around, though, I'd find it hard to root for him, given the c--p he put down after leaving last time. So have him in, see what he says and what he can still do. Give him a test: I'll be over here hoping he flunks it royally so I don't have to hear about him any more, except maybe in the context of Jets-mockery. He's useful for that still, I'm sure.

I didn't like him before he came here, while he was here, after he left and I don't want him back now. For some strange reason though, the Pats don't look to me for roster decisions.

STB

STB

STB!

Think it is more likely Revis Inc. wants to leverage the NE angle to be back in the spotlight and be talked about.

Only would make sense if Butler leaves and even then you'd essentially sacrifice Rowe for it. Neither Revis nor Rowe have the tool set to play well inside.

I just don't see the fit.. unless it is for very, very cheap..

As long as he helps us win another Championship while he's leveraging us to polish up his image, then I'm fine with it

Has anyone considered that the best way to debunk the negative comments Revis made regarding "cheating" would be to have him sign with the team again? Why? Because it would prove that such comments were bs from the start. His signing would completely negate his prior comments. It would show that he said them with little conviction. Since I live outside of State, most of my friends are not Pats fans. We laugh about deflategate all the time. They believe it happened, I do not, but by laughing and by bringing it up frequently in context of the team, it's sting is weakened. It no longer means anything, and it becomes a laughing point. It's the winning that matters.

Has anyone considered that the best way to debunk the negative comments Revis made regarding "cheating" would be to have him sign with the team again? Why? Because it would prove that such comments were bs from the start. His signing would completely negate his prior comments. It would show that he said them with little conviction. Since I live outside of State, most of my friends are not Pats fans. We laugh about deflategate all the time. They believe it happened, I do not, but by laughing and by bringing it up frequently in context of the team, it's sting is weakened. It no longer means anything, and it becomes a laughing point. It's the winning that matters.
Good thought. It might be worth it to see Whore24 eat his words.

Wouldn't it be awesome if he came back and we won another Super Bowl? Jets fans would jump off a bridge.

Like they haven't already?

You mean it might ruin their good day so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes