PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jason Cole: Pats and Revis working on Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belichick won't pay top dollar to a Pro Bowl caliber player, he will pay top dollar for a first ballot HOF player. I'm not surprised we are hearing about talks i think they wanted to just get him in here and then they could get the longer deal done. I really expect them to get a long term deal with Revis done. I hope it doesn't cost them McCourty but Revis is a rare player and he's the priority.

I bought a Revis jersey at the Pro Shop and was able to use the STH discount.

4apy2aze.jpg

the prospect of a Revis extension has ME smiling like THIS guy------------>v

i-1f5b71a95059bd32af4c2f4263e4ae84-TVad-Enzyte-SmilingBob.jpg

If he signs a long term deal I will purchase his jersey. My first one in almost 20 years. ... last one was Ty Law. Weird

May as well close the thread Ben Violin knows how talks are going to go.

@BenVolin
My educated guess: Pats: “Hey Revis, wanna sign longterm at a discount?”
Revis: “No thanks, I’ll play the season out and increase my value”

Did not have time tonight to finish my Revis extension blog.
Highlights- Out of the top four CBs (Sherman, Revis, Haden, and Patrick Peterson) Revis is the oldest by close to 3 years. He is close to 5 years older than Peterson

The higher his APY the less cap savings his extension creates in 2015.
revisscenarios.png

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Kraft has said numerous times that he probably wouldn't have bought the team if there was no salary cap.

Not buying it.. ;)

That was then, this is now and its all hypothetical. Of course Kraft would keep the Patriots if the Salary Cap was lifted. It's a no brainer for any owner.

The Patriots, according to Forbes are the 8th most valuable franchise in all of sports.

Surprise to me was that the Redskins are considered 9th.

The World's 50 Most Valuable Sports Teams 2014 | Forbes

EDIT: Not a surprise being that Forbes considers Miguel to be a top 5 Patsfans.com most valuable poster ;)

Please do this! I really want to buy a jersey before my trip to Miami.

PS. Has anyone had any luck using the season ticket holder's discount at the proshop?

It seems like a lot of the cool items (like a brand new Revis jersey!) aren't eligible for the discount.

I believe patsfans.com supporters get 15% off everything in the Pro Shop.

....just sayin'.....:cool:

Last edited:
May as well close the thread Ben Violin knows how talks are going to go.

@BenVolin
My educated guess: Pats: “Hey Revis, wanna sign longterm at a discount?”
Revis: “No thanks, I’ll play the season out and increase my value”

I'll add some cold water to your cold water:

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe Follow
Source refutes the report that the Patriots and Revis have engaged in contract extension negotiations.

First of all, anytime a reporter starts a story with "What I'm hearing from the Patriots" and continues it with anything other than "is nothing," you have to raise an eyebrow.

This really isn't true. The Patriots are no better (or worse) at concealing their intentions or information than the rest of the league. Especially in contract negotiations, when there's another party and their representation involved.

If Bob Kraft speaks to any player on the field it has to be about a contract extension.... anything else is forbidden.

Belichick won't pay top dollar to a Pro Bowl caliber player, he will pay top dollar for a first ballot HOF player. I'm not surprised we are hearing about talks i think they wanted to just get him in here and then they could get the longer deal done. I really expect them to get a long term deal with Revis done. I hope it doesn't cost them McCourty but Revis is a rare player and he's the priority.

Mcourty can be replaced easily. The NE secondary has been bottom barrel through his years and only improved once Talib came on board.

A Revis type player is rare, NE has been trying to replace Ty Law since the day he left.

Mcourty can be replaced easily. The NE secondary has been bottom barrel through his years and only improved once Talib came on board.

A Revis type player is rare, NE has been trying to replace Ty Law since the day he left.
McCourty as a CB may be somewhat easily replaceable. But McCourty the Safety is not easily replaceable. He is a top 3 free safety in the NFL. If he was easily replaceable then I would say that there are 29 really stupid teams in the NFL for not having a free safety of his quality on the team.

McCourty as a CB may be somewhat easily replaceable. But McCourty the Safety is not easily replaceable. He is a top 3 free safety in the NFL. If he was easily replaceable then I would say that there are 29 really stupid teams in the NFL for not having a free safety of his quality on the team.

My buddy keeps telling me McCourt isn't a top 5 at his position..middle of pack. I laughed

I mean if you were revis...would you sign a extension now? If he plays out year and does amazing. He is only going to up his value. Other teams may not care about age and give him that extra 2 mill s year

Picture the HOF ceremony with Revis and Brady going in together, having played together for a few years, won a couple of titles together, retired the same year, and both wearing NEP clothing at the induction.

Then picture Jets Insider when this happens...

I'll add some cold water to your cold water:

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe Follow
Source refutes the report that the Patriots and Revis have engaged in contract extension negotiations.

Both Cole and Howe can be right. The Pats could have approached Revis to do a long term deal, but no negotiations have begun. Coles report despite the headlines does not actually say that there are active negotiations, but only initial contact in trying to get a deal done has happened.

Mcourty doesn't play CB much anymore unless the Pats are absolutely desperate.

Can you point to 1 big play that Mcourty has made to win a crucial game?

Look, Rodney Harrison is/was ELITE. Think back at all the big time play's that he made to seal Patriot wins like the pick 6 VS Big Ben in the AFCC or SB38 picking off Mcnabb. Harrison should have been MVP of that game.

My buddy keeps telling me McCourt isn't a top 5 at his position..middle of pack. I laughed

Mcourty is like Sasquatch.

The myth grows as more people repeat it.

Mcourty doesn't play CB much anymore unless the Pats are absolutely desperate.

Can you point to 1 big play that Mcourty has made to win a crucial game?

Look, Rodney Harrison is/was ELITE. Think back at all the big time play's that he made to seal Patriot wins like the pick 6 VS Big Ben in the AFCC or SB38 picking off Mcnabb. Harrison should have been MVP of that game.

You are comparing McCourty to one of the greatest safeties of all time. McCourty is arguably a top 5 safety in this league (look at the preseason pubs and one mag has him at 3 and another has him at 4), but he is not in Harrison's category. But other than maybe Earl Thomas, name one safety who is currently even close to Harrison's league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back