PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jarron Gilbert released by Jets (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You Know That's Right!! :D

YouTube - Jarron Gilbert jumps out of pool

No WAY we sign this guy, though. EVERYBODY knows that if he's not good enough for the JETS...:eek:

641.gif

Love the Wonder Woman Pic! :rofl::rofl:

The Reagan Mauia who ran through a wall on You Tube is on his third team in his three year career. Kyle Boller could throw a ball through the uprights while on one knee at the fifty yard line. All these things are cool, but it is quite clear these gimmicks don't mean that a player can play.
And for his time Mike Ruth was really big and strong, but he couldn't make it in the Pro's. I was just trying to put a face with the name

Last edited:
And for his time Mike Ruth was really big and strong, but he couldn't make it in the Pro's. I was just trying to put a face with the name

That's cool. I just wasn't sure if you or anyone else thought that since he was strong enough to jump out of a pool that it means anything.

Had to post this based on the comparison ... epic fail on the comparison.

Analysis Positives: Rare athleticism for a player of his size. Versatile defender with experience at tackle and end. Good size potential. Naturally large man with room for plenty of additional muscle mass. Good initial quickness off the snap. Flashes the functional upper-body strength to disengage from blockers. Surprising balance for his height. Can break down in space and make the secure tackle.

Negatives: Struggles with leverage inside, and might lack the burst off the snap and flexibility to flank the tackle and close effectively as a defensive end. Too often allows blockers to get into his chest. Inconsistent getting his hands up in the passing lanes. Questionable level of competition. Better raw athlete than football player.

Compares To: TY WARREN, New England -- Gilbert is more of a 3-4 defensive end rather than an edge rusher in a 4-3 alignment. He seems comfortable shooting the gaps to get to the quarterback rather than trying to loop around the edge. If taken by a team operating from primarily a 4-3 base defense, he will be better off playing inside. He has a lot of potential and a rare-sized frame with an excellent wing span, but it took him more than three seasons to start to produce consistently. It could have been due to him settling in at defensive tackle in 2008.

National Football League: NFL Draft 2009 - Jarron Gilbert

Last edited:
My ex-wife Ruth has arms longer than Mike Ruth...she still has her hands in my money pocket...and she's 3000 miles away!!...:eek:

That's cool. I just wasn't sure if you or anyone else thought that since he was strong enough to jump out of a pool that it means anything.
I wonder how long he was with the jests? I have never heard his name associated the them.

My ex-wife Ruth has arms longer than Mike Ruth...she still has her hands in my money pocket...and she's 3000 miles away!!...:eek:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'd grab him for the PS just to get the Jets playbook...just like Rex did with Crable.... :eek:

I'd grab him for the PS just to get the Jets playbook...just like Rex did with Crable.... :eek:

I was wondering if this has anything to do with Crable being signed by them.
Whatever happened with Ruth, did he become a priest?

I was wondering if this has anything to do with Crable being signed by them.
Whatever happened with Ruth, did he become a priest?

Was Crable actually signed by the Jets? I had only heard that they worked him out...

Re: OT: Jarron Gilbert released by Jets

Was Crable actually signed by the Jets? I had only heard that they worked him out...

Sorry. Should have said, I wonder if this has anything with Crable being potentially signed by the Jets.

What does any of this have to do with the Colts having injury issues?

The Reagan Mauia who ran through a wall on You Tube is on his third team in his three year career. Kyle Boller could throw a ball through the uprights while on one knee at the fifty yard line. All these things are cool, but it is quite clear these gimmicks don't mean that a player can play.

The real kicker is that once the gimmick starts circulating, everybody assumes that the guy is nothing but the gimmick. So now it's "that's what you get for choosing a player just because he can jump out of a pool!" even though Gilbert had an impressive combo of college productivity, size and athleticism. I don't know why he's been such a bust, but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the swimming pool!

p.s. John Wendling's been a productive late-round pick for the Lions. Remember Wendling?
YouTube - John Wendling jumps a 66" hurdle

Here's the more intriguing transaction: Former New England Patriots LB Shawn Crable, who worked out for the Jets Friday, was added to the practice squad. Surely it's just a coincidence that the Jets face the Patriots in two weeks, and we all know it wouldn't cross the Jets' minds to pump Crable for 411 on the Patriots.

Well, the Jets just signed him to their practice squad

The real kicker is that once the gimmick starts circulating, everybody assumes that the guy is nothing but the gimmick. So now it's "that's what you get for choosing a player just because he can jump out of a pool!" even though Gilbert had an impressive combo of college productivity, size and athleticism. I don't know why he's been such a bust, but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the swimming pool!

p.s. John Wendling's been a productive late-round pick for the Lions. Remember Wendling?

Yes,. I remember Wendling.. He was drafted by Buffalo.. Cut by them and then signed by the Lions. I can remember being extremely surprised that the Bills cut him and I was hoping the Pats would sign him to their PS at the time, but the Lions got him..

Pretty impressive , maybe on a safety blitz he would be able to jump over woodhead? Oh wait woodhead is 67" , ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back