PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jarron Gilbert released by Jets (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Another draft "binky" bites the dust

Correct me if I'm wrong but was this thr guy who was on YouTube pre draft jumping out of the pool? Guess that skill doesn't translate into pass rushing, lol.

Correct me if I'm wrong but was this thr guy who was on YouTube pre draft jumping out of the pool? Guess that skill doesn't translate into pass rushing, lol.

That's correct. A lot of fans on this board wanted the PATs to take in the 2nd round !!

Ah yes, now I remember the guy. Be honest -- How many of us here even knew he was on the Jets?

I see Denver also cut Jarvis Moss, another not-too-long-ago high pick.

Broncos cut former first-round draft pick | coloradoan.com | The Coloradoan

I think it's becoming clearer that the years for which BB takes a lot of heat on his drafting were bad drafts overall, and Belichick did the right thing by trading for players and stockpiling for good draft years. Yeah you can cherry pick and say look at this one guy or that one guy, but the overall talent pool in the late-middle of last decade just wasn't very strong.

When people say the Patriost are bad drafters there really looking at that 2006 draft. That one was pretty ugly (2008 is not looking to good either). But you have to take into account that the Pats have been a good team and it's harder to draft well in the bottom of every round. It's the same with other good teams, look at the Colts, Brown, Gonzalez, Ugoh...

Plus, if you can bring in quality free agents, make good trades etc, it takes some of the pressure of drafting really well away... allthough your base of talent should be from the draft.

Last edited:

For a second I thought the Jesters were opening that roster spot to sign Crable!

Pool jump aside, Gilbert was a force on the field in college -- conference player of the year, made an amazing 22 tackles for loss as a senior. Great athlete and great size, too. But cut twice in a 2-year career, you have to assume there are some serious intangibles problems there.

Rex Ryan will devote his time,labour and undivided attention to the next project :
Vernon Gholston needs to register a single sack in the NFL .

Pool jump aside, Gilbert was a force on the field in college -- conference player of the year, made an amazing 22 tackles for loss as a senior. Great athlete and great size, too. But cut twice in a 2-year career, you have to assume there are some serious intangibles problems there.

I was on the jarron Gilbert bandwagon to be honest. Shocked he has been so bad to warranty being axed twice.

Incidentally, the Jesters are working Shawn Crable today...

For a second I thought the Jesters were opening that roster spot to sign Crable!

They are working him out today according to Rapaport, Price, et al on Twitter.

Edit:
Damn JSn. You are fast.

Last edited:

They are working him out today according to Rapaport, Price, et al on Twitter.

Edit:
Damn JSn. You are fast.

Well they don't call me lightning... at all.

Seriously, I can't help but chuckle at the idea of Crable and Gholston coming off the edges.

I'd have picked him to be better in a 3-4 scheme then Chicago's system, he's actually been on the Jester's PSquad for a couple months so it appears he has some of the tools desired. I'm curious as to whether Rex Tannenbaum uses the PSquad to complement the roster the way BB likes to, or is it a strict developmental project pool?

Incidentally, the Jesters are working Shawn Crable today...
They had to, his half sack improves his value for them.

Tit for Tat... if the Jests want Crable, I'm all for the Pats picking up Gilbert (a former binky of mine). How that guy didn't pan out in NY is beyond me, but I suppose the same could be said of Crable.

Well they don't call me lightning... at all.

Seriously, I can't help but chuckle at the idea of Crable and Gholston coming off the edges.

Hilarious.

Just watch: Crable will be a Jets captain on Dec. 6.

OT: Jarron Gilbert released by Jets

This kid was very highly touted coming out of San Jose St. He ended up as a 3rd round pick the Bears. Many thought he'd make an excellent 3-4 DE for the Pats.. I wonder if they will look at him?

This kid was very highly touted coming out of San Jose St. He ended up as a 3rd round pick the Bears. Many thought he'd make an excellent 3-4 DE for the Pats.. I wonder if they will look at him?
Isn't this the guy who weighed about 290 and could jump out of a swimming pool?

Isn't this the guy who weighed about 290 and could jump out of a swimming pool?

You Know That's Right!! :D

YouTube - Jarron Gilbert jumps out of pool

No WAY we sign this guy, though. EVERYBODY knows that if he's not good enough for the JETS...:eek:

641.gif

The Reagan Mauia who ran through a wall on You Tube is on his third team in his three year career. Kyle Boller could throw a ball through the uprights while on one knee at the fifty yard line. All these things are cool, but it is quite clear these gimmicks don't mean that a player can play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back