PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jarrett Stidham

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

Right attitude.:thumbsup:

Edit: my bad- this is not his IG account. It’s jarrett_stidham8.

Hopefully he is better prepared when his shot comes knocking at the door again. No guarantees in this league and especially not on this team.

Last edited:
I have high hopes for Stidham, but not for our passing group. It's better off for him not to play until there is a better personal for his skill set.

sponge all you can and come out and win the spot next year. I have no idea this dudes ceiling, but id like to see what he can do. With the caveat he gets someone else to throw it to.

He was not benched, he was never the starter. He did not have a job to be benched from. I don't normally bag on the banal social media accounts of athletes, but Hashtag Heir2Throne is obnoxious, he is currently the heir to Brian Hoyer's clipboard.

He was not benched, he was never the starter. He did not have a job to be benched from. I don't normally bag on the banal social media accounts of athletes, but Hashtag Heir2Throne is obnoxious, he is currently the heir to Brian Hoyer's clipboard.

Should be more like..

Hashtag Lucky2BHere

I thought there was an active game-day roster count exemption for the QB3, provided he doesn't take any snaps other than in relief of the QB1 and QB2. Is that right? I was surprised Stidham didn't even dress for the game.

I thought there was an active game-day roster count exemption for the QB3, provided he doesn't take any snaps other than in relief of the QB1 and QB2. Is that right? I was surprised Stidham didn't even dress for the game.

The "third quarterback" rule was eliminated in 2011.

Ouch. I LOL’ed at this one. « heir to Brian Hoyer’s clipboard » is one of the better lines I’ve read on this forum.

How was he not benched?

Hoyer took his place as backup QB and would have played if Cam had to come out of the Miami game. Stid did not even dress = Benched = zero chance of playing Sunday.

How was he not benched?

Hoyer took his place as backup QB and would have played if Cam had to come out of the Miami game. Stid did not even dress = Benched = zero chance of playing Sunday.

Fair, I had not considered it in that context. Was looking from the perspective of it is a new season and with a full competition for quarterback jobs in camp, he had no position to have been benched from. However, by not dressing, he was literally benched. Suppose that makes it all the stranger to be hash tagging Heir2Throne, though uninterested in overanalyzing social media accounts I remain. Stidham has good physical tools and showed some flashes of promise in last year's pre-season, and is not to be written off. The bitter taste that is not dressing is something that can be remedied by himself only, though. Just beat out Hoyer, Stid.

That is not his IG account. That’s some random guy posting photos of him and adding captions.

sponge all you can and come out and win the spot next year. I have no idea this dudes ceiling, but id like to see what he can do. With the caveat he gets someone else to throw it to.
if Newton works out, I kinda hope that something is done to keep him here for at least a few more years. Newton's a rare talent and I'd love to keep him as long as he keeps earning it.

That is not his IG account. That’s some random guy posting photos of him and adding captions.

you’re right. Crap. My bad- the low number of likes and no checkmark should have given it away.
Changed the title. Mods can lock or delete if needed

Last edited:
He was hurt in camp, no? instead of ir'ing him, maybe they are letting him fully heal up...

Does he have a choice? Nope.
My guess is we pay Cam to stay so Stidham will flourish elsewhere is it is destined to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes