PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jarrett Stidham Gets First Team Work To Allow Brady To Recuperate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Everybody on here has been blaming the new WRs but it could be the geriatric QB.
Maybe. Because he is 42 they might have had him on a pitch count all year and not able to build on any consistency and develop trust.

Last edited:
Yes. We should count Tom Brady out. All the other times since his career's been ending for the last 5 years were flukes. This time it's over.

"We Went to Jarrett" signs/bumper stickers on sale at the merch link.

Maybe. Because he is 42 they might have had him on a pitch count all year and not able to build on any consistency and develop trust.
And there’s been turnover at receiver. Guys coming and going, injuries. Tough to build continuity when the cast changes ever week or two. TEs weren’t all that good t begin with, and couldn’t stay healthy to build anything with Tom. Flash Gordon fell off the wagon. And wasn’t there some diva headcase named Brown that was here for a week or two before he self-destructed again, for like the umpteenth time?

For all the criticism of BB by some folks on here it’s not like he hasn’t tried to get some better WRs. Trouble is, the star talents all come with baggage. Much as I love Josh Gordon and hope he can conquer his addictions the folks on here who said he’s too unreliable to be a key part of the offense have clearly been proven correct. I just can’t understand how that can be the consensus about Gordon but there can be so much demand to bring back AB with all the same reliability problems. I can only figure that there’s much more stigma around being a druggie (Gordon) than there is for being flat out crazy (Brown). I miss the days when the Pats made do with less talented WRs like Reche and Jabar and TB12 made them better. I blame Moss and Welker and Gronk for spoiling Brady by showing him how easy it can be with superlative talents. Seems like since then there’s been too much emphasis on getting big name established stars like DT and never the results that were desired. Sometimes I think it would be better if Brady did not have any of his security blankets like Jules and had to go back to spreading the ball around to everybody not just his favorite buds. But then it may be that the old man has gotten too set in his ways and no longer has the flexibility to adapt. Tough to tell with an O line that doesn’t give him the luxury of time to check down though.

Then he should retire, no?

Then he should retire, no?
If it starts to impede game prep enough to cost them more games than his skills win, yes. Not there yet, but getting closer.

If it starts to impede game prep enough to cost them more games than his skills win, yes. Not there yet, but getting closer.

There’s a decline but it’s hard to gauge accurately given the other problems on offense. I’d love to see at 5 more great games this season.

Only Tom can answer that. Apparently he has tennis elbow. I had it for 6 months and its a *****.

Doesn't Alex Guerrero have a magic potion for that???

Then again there is Brett Favre "copper infused" sleeve...

There are a crap loaf of quick or quack fixes for that ailment..

I needed rest and a arm band to stop the tendon from pulling on the bone.

How about deer antler spray? I hear it works magic healing injuries...

My tendon got pulled off the bone on the inside of my right arm from an incident that occurred about 35 year ago, at that time I "walked it off".. saw an ortho Dr. last year and she said they have poor success with reattaching the tendon for a man my age...

So I live with it, cannot curl my right arm to pick something up.. wear a sleeve, it is a pain in the butt...

Cannot imagine making a living throwing a Football with tendon damage..

Yeah, I had my iliotibial band (knee) go 3/4 of a way through a marathon up in Newfoundland back in the late 90's. It's a ***** alright. If you have to deal with it rather than rest, you put a band around the inflamed area just like you did with tennis elbow. I had a couple of other shorter races planned but I opted for rest...my time was good enough even with the crappy finish to qualify for Boston so I rested a couple of months before starting again. It's pain management if you have to play....band, ice, etc.

Yeah, I had my iliotibial band (knee) go 3/4 of a way through a marathon up in Newfoundland back in the late 90's. It's a ***** alright. If you have to deal with it rather than rest, you put a band around the inflamed area just like you did with tennis elbow. I had a couple of other shorter races planned but I opted for rest...my time was good enough even with the crappy finish to qualify for Boston so I rested a couple of months before starting again. It's pain management if you have to play....band, ice, etc.
Tom's getting old like the rest of us. Accept it. Manage it. Deal with it.

Thanks to Patsfans, I am now starting to realize I need reading glasses.

I had tennis elbow in high school. **** is so painful. That he’s throwing an accurate ball with it is a minor miracle.

Agree. I've accepted it.
I don't i'm in the gym five days a week lifting and doing aerobics ie tread mill, bicycle, stair master. Something happened a year ago that is troubling though. At this time last year I could work my way up to 190lbs for six reps on incline press, in the span of 6 weeks I lost quite a bit of strength, I could only do 155 for six reps, and I haven't been able to get that strength back. But I keep trying, I refuse to sit on the couch and watch cartoons.

I don't i'm in the gym five days a week lifting and doing aerobics ie tread mill, bicycle, stair master. Something happened a year ago that is troubling though. At this time last year I could work my way up to 190lbs for six reps on incline press, in the span of 6 weeks I lost quite a bit of strength, I could only do 155 for six reps, and I haven't been able to get that strength back. But I keep trying, I refuse to sit on the couch and watch cartoons.
You posted that you were in your 60s right?...Kudos to you, my friend for even having that kind of commitment.

Have you tried super-setting/less weight? Change your workout routine? Maybe some protein/energy supplements? Might be a rest/recovery issue as well. I was big into weightlifting in my tees and 2os and when I had plateau's I'd change these things up and it helped. My $.02

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft