Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How do you think JH played in his debut?

• Less than Expected

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Expected

Votes: 35 16.9%
  • Better Than Expected

Votes: 140 67.6%
  • Much Better Than Expected

Votes: 32 15.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows, he had 2 garbage time sacks, didn't impact the game outside of 2 nice tackle...

I was not at the game but on tv, he seemed to be in position for every play that I could see from a he network broadcast. Very impressed at his apparent ability to pick up the calls in just a few days. Maybe it’s just experience and instincts but impressive none the less. Would like to know if he looked as good from people who were actually there today.
The key thing is at a minimum Harrison knows what NOT to do. For example, don't get too far upfield on the rush. Don't drop too deep in coverage, etc.

Last edited:
IMO by not starting Harrison BB said let's see how you play backing up any front 7 defensive starter and then let's concentrate on what you now do best which is rushing the passer,

JH played the last garbage time like he personally had money on the Pats as he was protecting a 16 point spread.

Honestly, Harrison Well exceeded my Expectations today....and gave the pats a defensive presence that we have really been lacking most weeks.....pressure, tackles, sacks....AWESOME!!!

I was expecting good but based on the "in coverage" play, the two sacks, and that additional pressure play they cut off before he got there.. very pleased.

You have to be happy with what we saw today. I don’t care if the sacks were during garbage time, the jets play us tough the whole game even though we blew them out.

I was a devout advocate of this move, so I voted as expected...but in all honesty I expected those big plays to come earlier, at more critical times. Either way, I knew it'd work out:cool:

He is definitely going to help from the looks of his first real game action with the D unit....Need more healthy bodies for the playoffs.......on a side note..glad to see the Ravens eliminated from playoffs.....

I voted "As expected"... Maybe "As I had hoped" might be more accurate.

And, it's not so much that I predicted 2 sacks, or any specific play...etc.

I just had a feeling he would have something to prove, and show Steelers they made a mistake. I mean, he's James Harrison!!
He's in great shape, has been rested and dying to get on the field. He's got a chip on his shoulders. (Thanks Steeler fans, players:D)

I was pretty excited to see play today.
And from what I've seen so far, I'm expecting further contributions.

I'm glad he gave us a glimpse of what "can be".

We can really use that kind of player going forward.

....BTW, how much $ he costing us?

I thought that the most telling thing was something that Romo said, which was that the Jets were running away from him. Unfortunately, those runs were effective, but that's another story. However, very interesting start for JH.

He looks fresh, could be a good situational player. Can't have a beast like that standing on the sideline.

It was awkward a bit after his second sack. No one went to celebrate with him. Just seeing him get up by himself with no one getting close to him from our team seems weird to me. It is not a big deal but it came across as odd to me, coupled with the anthem thing and I feel for the guy.
I hope the personalities in the dressing room can maintain a professional but cordial relationship for the last three games.

The key thing is at a minimum Harrison knows what NOT to do. For example, don't get too far upfield on the rush. Don't drop too deep in coverage, etc.

This is what has me excited. We haven't had that in a long time. I'm pumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick