PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James Develin on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Requiring a player to be on the original 53 takes away the stashing element of the IR.

No, it doesn't. You could still stash those who get cut initially.

The NFL has it’s practice squad. I’d do away with in season IR returns all together if teams were allowed to activate to the 46 man game day roster, with limits, players from the PS without having to clear a roster spot on the 53 for them and without them being subject to waivers afterwards.

Of course, the NFLPA would rather have players on IR drawing their full salary in addition to the 53 man roster.

Danger! Convoluted sentences ahead:

I mentioned the P.S. And your attempted solution creates the problem of not having enough PS players if you make that move, as well as meaning that you'd pretty much have to eliminate the ability of PS players to jump ship, if it was going to work as a full season, full stop feeder system with straight returnability, in order to make it workable. And that would essentially lead to full salaries for PS players, and would mean that non-IR, but game missing, level injuries to positions not covered by that PS would become a bigger problem than they currently are.[/QUOTE]

With three players on IR. and only two allowed too return. Who misses the entire year? If I had to choose. Give me devlin and harry. I'll take my chances with Dante and let him couch up the remaining OL.

With three players on IR. and only two allowed too return. Who misses the entire year? If I had to choose. Give me devlin and harry. I'll take my chances with Dante and let him couch up the remaining OL.
Let’s see who’s healthy and where we stand in November.

How is a rookie WR who hasn't played a snap more valuable than Develin?

Because they have another FB that BB has raved about, while they are suddenly potentially quite thin at WR.

Because they have another FB that BB has raved about, while they are suddenly potentially quite thin at WR.

The FB has played less than 5 snaps as an NFL FB, and the WR group has Meredith eligible to come off of PUP in a couple of weeks.

My wife doesn't know much about football, but she saw the game two weeks ago and noticed Develin plowing his neck/head forward into bodies near the goal line, and she said "isn't he going to get hurt doing that?"

So I guess she was right.
Are you saying your wife knows more about football than you do? ;)

My wife doesn't know much about football, but she saw the game two weeks ago and noticed Develin plowing his neck/head forward into bodies near the goal line, and she said "isn't he going to get hurt doing that?"

So I guess she was right.
Same.

The FB has played less than 5 snaps as an NFL FB, and the WR group has Meredith eligible to come off of PUP in a couple of weeks.
And the likelihood of Meredith being healthy is extremely low.

Not good. Three guys on IR. Only two can return. Who will it be?

This franchise is cursed during odd years. At least we know next season will be a SB year. Also, odd years mean the AFC title game is at 3 p.m. Patriots have lost the last three SB's after winning the early game (AFC championship). Last three times the AFC title game has been the late game (Even years), they've won the SB.

dude shut the hell up.

Hopefully Johnson can hit the hole as hard as Develin.

And the likelihood of Meredith being healthy is extremely low.

What is Meredith's injury? This injury goes back to last season with the Saints, right?

At 38 can he still block?

Well I'm pretty sure he can pull a Brady and get in the way *in the running game that is* that said I am sure he can catch and take a hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back