PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jaguars sign (edit: cut) Tebow

Welp, turns out he's not just interested in playing quarterback. I guess failing through his 20s brought those expectations in line with his opportunities. I'll be surprised if this works out for him, being out of the league so long and out of position... and being a guy who seemed to really really only be interested in that other position. Eh well, we'll see.

That “speed” and route running makes Harry look like an all pro. Yikes

imagine if his pride didn't get in the way years ago and he had just agreed to make a position change when he still had his youth and relevancy.

Not too many athletes annoy me like Tim Tebow.

He not so much the media making a huge deal out of everything he does do annoy me more.

That's usually my issue with most athletes I don't like, once I actually sit down and think about it. There are very few that legitimately bother me personally, but once they start getting hyped up too much my instant reaction is to hate them.

It happened with LeBron. I'm not even a big basketball guy, but before he'd even set foot on an NBA court, there was a Nike (?) commercial where he bursts into a Baptist church (led by Pastor Bernie Mac, RIP), and starts distributing balls around to people who then faint like they'd been touched by Jesus. I was like, "Dude, shoot ONE f**king basket before we start calling you the basketball messiah, please!"

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
I thought that was the real plan all along.
I think the TE thing was a fair shake to give him one last shot. I watched a bit of their game the other night and he looked pathetic. He threw maybe one of the worst attempts at a block that I’ve ever seen in my life and got tossed aside like a rag doll. He’d be a good addition to any team’s coaching staff though, IMO. He’s a great motivator. But I have no clue if he even wants to coach. The college football commentator job is pretty cushy and I’d suspect it pays better than a coaching job.

Have to wonder if Meyer will offer him a spot on the coaching staff.
How will he get all the media attention he craves if he is some low level slappy grinding out 80 hour work weeks?

How will he get all the media attention he craves if he is some low level slappy grinding out 80 hour work weeks?
I don’t think he craves attention. I’ve never gotten the impression that he’s an attention whore the times that I’ve met him. I just think he gets it because talking about him = ratings since a good portion of the country dislikes Christianity. He’s a really nice guy in real life and does a ton of charity work in the area.

I don’t think he craves attention. I’ve never gotten the impression that he’s an attention whore the times that I’ve met him. I just think he gets it because talking about him = ratings since a good portion of the country dislikes Christianity. He’s a really nice guy in real life and does a ton of charity work in the area.
Christianity is not necessarily the problem, it’s the people that worship Christianity. You know people suck, so they drag the good principles of the religion down. Then we’re all supposed to do what they say not as they do which thankfully is only 90% of them and then you’re supposed to forgive them as well while they never never forgive you because you’re satan. But I digress. He is better off working with Special Olympics and Little League as I agree with your assertion that he’s a nice guy, etc.

You've met him before so you would be better to judge but he just always strikes me as completely inauthentic. Charging churches $50k to speak, trying to charge Elway $50k for a charity appearance, the "look at me" praying before games. That and the fact that he basically steals jobs from deserving athletes, whether it be baseball or football, and it becomes a sideshow. He was done failing in baseball so he decided to try and steal a job from an actual NFL caliber TE via the Florida good ole boy network. He didn't want to move to TE 10 years ago and even refused to play in the wildcat with the Jets but now when he is running out of options athletically he figures it's time?

In case you couldn't tell I really despise the guy, perhaps irrationally, but I have never understood the hype around a guy who is so laughably bad as a professional athlete.

You've met him before so you would be better to judge but he just always strikes me as completely inauthentic. Charging churches $50k to speak, trying to charge Elway $50k for a charity appearance, the "look at me" praying before games. That and the fact that he basically steals jobs from deserving athletes, whether it be baseball or football, and it becomes a sideshow. He was done failing in baseball so he decided to try and steal a job from an actual NFL caliber TE via the Florida good ole boy network. He didn't want to move to TE 10 years ago and even refused to play in the wildcat with the Jets but now when he is running out of options athletically he figures it's time?

In case you couldn't tell I really despise the guy, perhaps irrationally, but I have never understood the hype around a guy who is so laughably bad as a professional athlete.
Which TE did he steal a job from?

I thought that was the real plan all along.
I thought from the jump that he was there to help Meyer create the culture he wanted. To parrot the message.

Christianity is not necessarily the problem, it’s the people that worship Christianity. You know people suck, so they drag the good principles of the religion down. Then we’re all supposed to do what they say not as they do which thankfully is only 90% of them and then you’re supposed to forgive them as well while they never never forgive you because you’re satan. But I digress. He is better off working with Special Olympics and Little League as I agree with your assertion that he’s a nice guy, etc.
There’s bad people in every religion. I’d say something about Muslims but I don’t want to get Zucked on Instagram when their A.I. spies on my activity here. Half joking. People are just more allowed to say the kind of stuff you’re saying about Christianity openly, and without fear of ridicule, getting de-platformed/monetized, deleted, canceled, or doxxed and losing your job. All religions, races, and sexes should be able to be praised and ridiculed. At least that’s just my opinion as an equal opportunity hater.

I wonder if Tebow would have made it as a TE if he’d accepted the role in 2012-ish at his physical peak with a year or so to transition. Maybe someone who knows football better than me could wager a guess.

There’s bad people in every religion.
How does it feel to be an anti-Semitic, Islamaphobic, Christian canceling, Scientology traitor-ing, Kwanza-bashing, Buddhist statue destroying. derogatory, intolerant, transgender-hating jerk?

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back