PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jabrill Peppers. Make it happen.

Snooky97

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I think i may be one of the few on here, who would do all they could to have this guy on the roster.

Reasons why we should take him.

Pros-
Flexibility
Athletic
Powerful
Dynamic
RETURNS KICKS
PLAYMAKER.

Cons-
Size
Lack of a real position
Could he adapt
Would he be okay not in the limelight?

I'm Pretty sure I've missed some pros and cons out, if anyone knows, let me know.

Draft Wire projects Patriots will take Michigan DB Jabrill Peppers in 2017 mock draft

I think i may be one of the few on here, who would do all they could to have this guy on the roster.

Reasons why we should take him.

Pros-
Flexibility
Athletic
Powerful
Dynamic
RETURNS KICKS
PLAYMAKER.

Cons-
Size
Lack of a real position
Could he adapt
Would he be okay not in the limelight?

I'm Pretty sure I've missed some pros and cons out, if anyone knows, let me know.

Draft Wire projects Patriots will take Michigan DB Jabrill Peppers in 2017 mock draft

I wish you would use the existing 2017 Draft Prospects thread.
Hope you don't mind. Imagine if every prospect gets his own thread here.
Lets keep this board as transparent as possible.

No way he is available - especially at 32. :D

If he is there, you willing to take him?
It would depend on who else is available, but yes I do think he would make the team better.

how many kickoffs does he fumble?

So I finally got to watch a good bit of tape on him and I came to a startling conclusion. He sucks in coverage.

Unless bb thinks he can get better by focusing on being a filull time db, I do not see bb drafting this guy.

• Agree
Reactions: Mix
So I finally got to watch a good bit of tape on him and I came to a startling conclusion. He sucks in coverage.

Unless bb thinks he can get better by focusing on being a filull time db, I do not see bb drafting this guy.

Thats my biggest concern as well, hes such an interesting prospect hence why i'm so big on him.

Any thoughts on him becoming a linebacker? or is his size going to deter that?

Thats my biggest concern as well, hes such an interesting prospect hence why i'm so big on him.

Any thoughts on him becoming a linebacker? or is his size going to deter that?

Maybe mods can merge into the 2017 thread? Not trying to be a ****.

Fwiw I haven't looked at him yet but I'll add this.

The further away the route is the worse his coverage will be. Even with his athleticism its a lost cause. At least at this point.

He's late diagnosing too many plays and relies on his athleticism n closing speed.

Honestly UM didn't do him any favors this past year. That defense was loaded and could affors to move him around but he'll get killed in the NFL doing that.

Coach him up as SS/Hybrid and keep him close to the los. Croosers w/ TE's, bubbles/screens etc should be his game. Keep him in the box.

BTW Eddie Jackson deserves a real look by everyone interested in the draft. The guy shoots of the screen. Great size 6' and change/200

Maye also

Peppers is going to be the Barkeveous Mingo of safeties

Peppers is going to be the Barkeveous Mingo of safeties

Wow! Strong statement. Can you please provide details on what you see on tape that makes you think that?

I wish you would use the existing 2017 Draft Prospects thread.
Hope you don't mind. Imagine if every prospect gets his own thread here.
Lets keep this board as transparent as possible.

The prospects thread really needs to get broken down a bit. Maybe one (primarily) for O players and one (primarily) for D players or something. It does tend to become as one poster put it a few years ago, an amorphous blob.

2nd round highest I'd take him.

Wow! Strong statement. Can you please provide details on what you see on tape that makes you think that?
Just my opinion. Very athletic player like Mingo but also like Mingo I dont think he will excel at any real positions in the NFL. I think theres a strong chance he could be a bust. I could be wrong though.

Just my opinion. Very athletic player like Mingo but also like Mingo I dont think he will excel at any real positions in the NFL. I think theres a strong chance he could be a bust. I could be wrong though.

That's my only concern, athletically he is a freak. I think he will be a safety in the box, or if they can somehow bulk him up hes a linebacker

I think his floor in the draft is the steelers. Their secondary is still a work in progress, and could really use a policeman on the back end.

At the beginning of the season, I thought peppers looked a lot like a young polumaulu, and think that's still his ideal playing style. Would've loved to have seen more plays around the ball, but I think he is getting worked over way too much for the potential he has.

I think his floor in the draft is the steelers. Their secondary is still a work in progress, and could really use a policeman on the back end.

At the beginning of the season, I thought peppers looked a lot like a young polumaulu, and think that's still his ideal playing style. Would've loved to have seen more plays around the ball, but I think he is getting worked over way too much for the potential he has.

I agree 100%. He reminds me of Troy, but because he did not play safety full time in college, he may take a bit longer to become an impact player.

I still think the guy will be a freak. if he can add 20lbs of muscle then he may change parts of Defence in the League. I think im the one person who is massively sold on him

I still think the guy will be a freak. if he can add 20lbs of muscle then he may change parts of Defence in the League. I think im the one person who is massively sold on him

20lbs of muscle?

Very rarely do those scenarios happen. Incredibly difficult.

Lots of intrigue w/ him and I think he's taking a beating for being a team player but that still doesn't change the player and who he is now.

I think, if anything, he drops a little bit of weight and plays further off the line.

His speed and athleticism are his calling card. He will blow guys up at 200lbs the same he can at 215. He just needs to get to the ball quicker.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back