PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

J.J. Watt signing with Cardinals

Good for Arizona. They were a pretty decent team last year and have a really good young QB. Slight overpayment but that's FA. Also let's not forget Watt had 16 sacks two years. And a Jones/Watt pairing is as good as it gets in terms of pass rush. Two guys that will probably get HOF looks if the finish strong.

And in the NFC... other than GB and Tampa. It’s pretty wide open.
I'd still have the Cards 3rd or fourth in that division (depending on SF's and Seattle's QB situation).

Rams are a good team that got a lot better (Stafford>Goff). They could challenge GB and TB next year.

Seattle is still dangerous and Wilson will sort it out, I expect. I never count them out - they always seem to find a way into the playoffs.

SF is a decent team if they keep a healthy QB.

Maybe AZ is better than the few times I watched them last year, but I'll be surprised if they get a 1st or 2nd in that division. If it's true that Indy and Cleveland both made better offers, doesn't seem like Watt's chasing $ or rings to me - maybe there's something else he likes about AZ. Coaching, climate, friends there, I don't know. Indy's got to be the favorite in the AFC South, or at least favored to get a Wild Card, and Cleveland was close to the AFCCG this year and should only get better in a division where two teams look like trash right now.

And yeah, it was an overpay.

Patsfans cry “overpay”

While we pay for bottom level talent
Hey, if you apply enough heat & pressure to a lump of coal you can end up with a diamond. Eventually.

I am honestly starting to think Cam will be our QB in 2021. I don't know who else there is for us to sign. Mariotta?
Bill will sign Cam back and just when everyone starts freaking out, he brings in Alex Smith. With Cam's legs and Alex's arm and IQ he's got a top notch QB.

He's got Ernie trying to figure out if Alex riding piggy back on Cam is against the "too many men in the field" rule.

Well happy for him because he gets two years guarantee and his value won’t drop after this season. So it was a smart move of him to move since Houston is a dumpster fire.
Watt and Hopkins could be bros and probably the reason he decided to go there.

The Cardinals will be a force this upcoming season, the 49ers are somewhat wounded and the Seahawks are still weak with the o-line. It’s going to be a nightmare for Russ to face these people twice a year.
I think the NFC West is really going to be fun to watch this year with Stafford going to the rams.

Cardinals already have Hopkins and Watt.

They should try to package Murray in a trade for Watson at this point and become Texans West.

I like you, man. You've been here for years yet you remain optimistic about the human condition enough that you're still hoping for consistency from Mr. "The Card says Moops".
Wow. I can't believe I've already been here for five years haha. Time flies!

You're nearing your 15th anniversary on Pats Fans yourself. One good thing about this forum is that there are so many older members still active. Sometimes it isn't always like that!

Playing the whole NFCE
4-8 vs legitimate NFL divisions.
The stupidity of the unbalanced schedule that the NYFL uses gets repeated when people prop up teams like Arizona. It probably also helped Murray get a pro bowl bid over Tom Brady. Are they kidding?!?

And then there's the AFCN, who had three teams make the playoffs based off of wins against the NFC Least. If not for those gifted wins and an extra playoff spot, they probably only have 1 or 2 teams make it and Miami is in the playoffs instead.

Reportedly turned down more money, he said his wife’s wishes played a big role in his decision and may be why he chose the southwest.
I knew it. Utah girl.

Never underestimate the almighty power and influence of the wifey.

I would like to personally thank Arizona for signing watt and saving bb from making an embarrassing mistake!

ps: Arizona needs to step up and sign newton before bb loses his mind again and does the unthinkable.....resign newton.
Speaking of Cant Newton, I heard the other day that he doesn't think he was the 32nd rated QB last year. At least we can agree on that. He was 35th.

I just dont see the Cardinals poised to win a Super Bowl.

8 games in a dome and road games in SF, LA and Seattle. Should be nice weather for JJ.

And in the NFC... other than GB and Tampa. It’s pretty wide open.
Arizona could be the 4th team in their own division. There's also NO, Chicago and Minny to think about. And one of the NFC Least will get a spot too.

Speaking of Cant Newton, I heard the other day that he doesn't think he was the 32nd rated QB last year. At least we can agree on that. He was 35th.
He was way worse than 32.

Im tired of hearing about his shoulder.

I knew it. Utah girl.

Never underestimate the almighty power and influence of the wifey.
Yup. That has kept me in the northeast for 40+ years. It's still the best decision I've ever made though.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back