PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It Is Belichick Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bb’s goal for today:

build the practice squad.

start sorting out candidates for eventually going on ir.

Start sorting out players he might want to see if he could trade for.

start sorting out players they may at some point want to claim off waivers.

practice and preparing for Miami!

Before dropping this, I do give credit for the system. He is a great offensive mind. But with that said, his focus and impact is most felt on defense.

2018: 19th in defensive DVOA/ 5th Offense

2017: 31st in defensive DVOA/ 1st Offense

2016: 16th in defensive DVOA/ 2nd Offense

2015: 11th Defense/ 5th Offense

2014: 13th Defense/ 6th Offense

2013: 20th/ 4th Offense

2012: 17th Defense/ 1st Offense

2011: 30th Defensive DVOA/ 2nd Offensive DVOA

The notion that BB supports Brady with a great defense every year is simply an inaccurate narrative and has been since 2007. The offense carried that team for the last decade.

Sure they had a great defense last year but who did he support Brady with offensively? One of the worst offensive rosters I can recall by mid-season. InBrady’s career, here are his top receiving options (WR, TE & RB). Hardly a who’s who of skill players

Bb’s goal for today:

Agreed.
He decided to claim nobody off waivers. Nobody exigent enough to destabilize his IR plans and intention to re-sign kickah Folk.

No TE
Harry jock sniffers signing high praises.
Crackhead Gordon checked himself back into Betty Ford clinic.
Dorsett in the role of #2 WR when he is a #4 at best.
Had FBI wanted AB for a week.
Atalanta couldnt help Sanu pack fast enough for a 2nd round pick.
Jags Gunner and Meyers
I hope Brady has 30 TDs this year. He is going from a sparse offensive
team to one that is loaded with talent.

When people start reducing the big picture to certain aspects (i.e. talking about WR instead of about the overall offense, or just the draft instead of also taking into account UDFAs, trades and FA) to criticize team building that is an immediate red flag when it comes to good faith discussions.

A better executive summary of the Patriots Forum may never have been uttered.

Without his coach Brady would be an afterthought in this league at best.

Team? What a concept...inclusive of a great coach and great player both contributing to the pairing. Not in this day and age though, we must choose a singular of any team and either exalt or extinguish them completely for some reason I cant fathom.

I won't get into the Bill vs Brady debate because I think they are both the GOATS, but I agree that Brady has had some really good weapons over the years (Gronk, Moss, Welker, Edleman, Hernandez)

You said the WR position has been a ****show for the last 20 years. Not true at all. Just because they developed and played well with Brady doesn’t make them non weapons.

The idea that poor Tom never has anyone is complete nonsense. Without his coach Brady would be an afterthought in this league at best.

The notion that BB supports Brady with a great defense every year is simply an inaccurate narrative and has been since 2007. The offense carried that team for the last decade.

Who has had the least points against since 2001 ? Or in other words which offense had to generate the fewest points to win games since 2001 ?

Before dropping this, I do give credit for the system. He is a great offensive mind. But with that said, his focus and impact is most felt on defense.

2018: 19th in defensive DVOA/ 5th Offense

2017: 31st in defensive DVOA/ 1st Offense

2016: 16th in defensive DVOA/ 2nd Offense

2015: 11th Defense/ 5th Offense

2014: 13th Defense/ 6th Offense

2013: 20th/ 4th Offense

2012: 17th Defense/ 1st Offense

2011: 30th Defensive DVOA/ 2nd Offensive DVOA

Sure they had a great defense last year but who did he support Brady with offensively? One of the worst offensive rosters I can recall by mid-season. In Brady’s career, here are his top receiving options (WR, TE & RB). Hardly a who’s who of skill players

I agree. BB's defenses have been highly overrated for years, but expect plenty of resistance from the board on that.

BB's defenses have been highly overrated for years

By what measuring stick? That's always the rub - the statistic utilized for rating. Yards? Points? Turnovers? Maybe sacks - that's a popular one for measuring "defense" - especially around here. I will admit however those are all still better than the eye test metric also bandied about as some kind of statistical measure.

It would take a couple of years of losing - that statistic of wins vs losses that I continue to rely upon as the only measure that would either keep or decrease my support over time if the scales tipped away from the success experienced basically my entire adult life.

I won't get into the Bill vs Brady debate because I think they are both the GOATS, but I agree that Brady has had some really good weapons over the years (Gronk, Moss, Welker, Edleman, Hernandez)

Yup as well Troy Brown- pro bowler. Deion Branch- SB MVP. Even White is a guy other teams had to plan for. Dola too.

If Brady really was on his own we wouldn’t be winning all that much.

Bb’s goal for today:

The time for sorting is Over...this is now the time for claiming & signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case