PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It Is Belichick Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
No TE
Harry jock sniffers signing high praises.
Crackhead Gordon checked himself back into Betty Ford clinic.
Dorsett in the role of #2 WR when he is a #4 at best.
Had FBI wanted AB for a week.
Atalanta couldnt help Sanu pack fast enough for a 2nd round pick.
Jags Gunner and Meyers

JAG QB too. Not his career of course just last year. Tied with Jacoby Brissett in passer rating and that’s with the benefit of an easy schedule. Jacoby. Brissett. I dont think it would have been hard for Stidham to put up an 88 passer rating too against an easy schedule like that.

It’s ok to be objective and admit he sucked ass. Most likely no better this year if he stayed and of course a year older...

Let me spell out the premise of this thread for you.

Its all about filling the holes on this roster, because in part of failure on draft day. WR has been a 5shitshow for nearly 20 years, but Brady made it work because he is the GOAT. Reality is about to slap you aside yo head.

The idea Brady never had any weapons at WR and elsewhere is completely false.

JAG QB too. Not his career of course just last year. Tied with Jacoby Brissett in passer rating and that’s with the benefit of an easy schedule. Jacoby. Brissett. I dont think it would have been hard for Stidham to put up an 88 passer rating too against an easy schedule like that.

It’s ok to be objective and admit he sucked ass. Most likely no better this year if he stayed and of course a year older...

Yeah it’s not either-or. He had a bad set of weapons to work with last year AND he didn’t play as well as he has in the past.

He will likely put up much better numbers this year with the talent that’s around him in Tampa. Even being a year older.

Put it this way: if he doesn’t put up big numbers this year, then it’s a real sign he’s fallen off dramatically. I don’t think that will be the case though.

Yeah it’s not either-or. He had a bad set of weapons to work with last year AND he didn’t play as well as he has in the past.

He will likely put up much better numbers this year with the talent that’s around him in Tampa. Even being a year older.

Put it this way: if he doesn’t put up big numbers this year, then it’s a real sign he’s fallen off dramatically. I don’t think that will be the case though.

Right- I was actually agreeing with that - but it was also the QB too. I think he will have a good year and obviously that doesn’t mean he would have if he stayed here.

NFL veterans are salaries become guarented if they are on the roster for week one, so alot of the veteran acquisitions happen after week one to avoid that.

Termination pay also comes into play here. If a vet already claimed his termination pay once in his career then in the future his contract is not fully guaranteed after W1 anymore. Just another layer to keep in mind.

The potential and talent on the offense Brady has right now in Tampa only would barely make it into the top 3 offense he has had here.

Our 2007 and 2010 teams were historic offenses and are the top 2 in DVOA all time. If Edelman had not gotten injured in 2017 then the offense with him, Cooks, Gronk, Dola & co would have been easily a contender for top 3 as well. No talent my ass.

When people start reducing the big picture to certain aspects (i.e. talking about WR instead of about the overall offense, or just the draft instead of also taking into account UDFAs, trades and FA) to criticize team building that is an immediate red flag when it comes to good faith discussions.

Well it's good to see our posters are in mid season form. The team is a basic unknown. Nobody has really seen them play a meaningful down. We swapped out QBs, one had turned surly and pouty for one that is energized and just may possess some talent. We may or may not be improved at TE. I actually think the offense has potential to be good. Defense is evolving, back end still strong, we don't really know about the front seven yet. We know Guy and Simon will do their job. So I agree with the original premise of the thread. It's Belichick time. We have really good leadership in the coaching staff. I know, we are New England fans, storing up tons of negativity. It's our job to be critical in a snide demeaning way. I'm not going to participate. I wish Brady well in Tampa, hope we play them in the SB and the Pats win. Right now I'm all in on this year's team. It's rife with possibilities for success or disaster but my glass is half full.

Let me spell out the premise of this thread for you.

Its all about filling the holes on this roster, because in part of failure on draft day. WR has been a 5shitshow for nearly 20 years, but Brady made it work because he is the GOAT. Reality is about to slap you aside yo head.
If by reality you mean the win column will still be double digits and they will continue to compete for division, conference, and nfl titles so long as Bill is here then we agree on something.

Jesus, what a grapefruit over the plate.

Who did Brady have last season besides Edelman and White? Show us the money.

If by reality you mean the win column will still be double digits and they will continue to compete for division, conference, and nfl titles so long as Bill is here then we agree on something.

Bill doesnt throw the football or change the play at the line of scrimmage.

The Pats won 12 games last season with that cast of misfits. I dont smoke weed therefore I cant relate to Cam being as great as Brady.

Jesus, what a grapefruit over the plate.

Who did Brady have last season besides Edelman and White? Show us the money.
Indeed it is over the plate. That isn’t what your original post said at all. “20 years”....

Last edited:
We'll see what he does in Tampa.

He'll do great until he is inevitably injured. That's what happens to 43 year olds in the NFL. They've lost the ability to recover weekly from "being in a car crash every Sunday", as Stephen Neal so eloquently put it when he announced his retirement -- at 36.

He'll do great until he is inevitably injured. That's what happens to 43 year olds in the NFL. They've lost the ability to recover weekly from "being in a car crash every Sunday", as Stephen Neal so eloquently put it when he announced his retirement -- at 36.

He will last longer than Gronk will.

Bill doesnt throw the football or change the play at the line of scrimmage.

The Pats won 12 games last season with that cast of misfits. I dont smoke weed therefore I cant relate to Cam being as great as Brady.
You might want to try it and relax. BB got this and will build a team that can compete in this league without Brady. Depending on how many years he has left he may or may not get another SB but this team is not all the sudden going to be 0-16. And if Cam can stay healthy he'll probably be back in the SB hunt way quicker than you think.

The potential and talent on the offense Brady has right now in Tampa only would barely make it into the top 3 offense he has had here.

Our 2007 and 2010 teams were historic offenses and are the top 2 in DVOA all time. If Edelman had not gotten injured in 2017 then the offense with him, Cooks, Gronk, Dola & co would have been easily a contender for top 3 as well. No talent my ass.

When people start reducing the big picture to certain aspects (i.e. talking about WR instead of about the overall offense, or just the draft instead of also taking into account UDFAs, trades and FA) to criticize team building that is an immediate red flag when it comes to good faith discussions.

Do you ever consider that it was Tom Brady who made household names out of Welker, Edelman, Almendola, Branch, Givens. All those players left NE with the exception of Edelman and they flopped. None were as successful as they were with Brady.

Regarding Pats seasons 13 and a decade ago, last time if checked its 2020. But, you have validated my point when NE acquired Randy Moss and Brady lit up the NFL with 50 TDs with Moss hauling in 25 of those.

It's a copycat league. Two years ago we won the Super Bowl and down the stretch we were a power running team. We blew out San Diego and running game helped us shut out KC in the first half of the AFC Championship. Ball control, physical, and very effective. Last year the Ravens and Titans, even Buffalo all appeared to have geared themselves to run heavy, ball control.

Last year we were so thin on the offensive line, we were desperately trading picks for players (Cunningham, Eleumunor, Bodine) and signing guys off the street (Newhouse, Ferentz). Wynn missed 8 games, Andrews the whole season, and Mason and Cannon both battled injuries. Our running game wasn't great last year, and play action suffered too. With Cam Newton and our running backs, I think we are going to play run heavy again.

It is Belichick time too. Time for him to take advantage of the expanded practice squad, unlimited DFRs after missing 3 weeks, new gameday rules for two additional actives as long as one is an offensive lineman. Lots of rules changes should benefit us.

Do you ever consider that it was Tom Brady who made household names out of Welker, Edelman, Almendola, Branch, Givens. All those players left NE with the exception of Edelman and they flopped. None were as successful as they were with Brady.

Regarding Pats seasons 13 and a decade ago, last time if checked its 2020. But, you have validated my point when NE acquired Randy Moss and Brady lit up the NFL with 50 TDs with Moss hauling in 25 of those.

You said the WR position has been a ****show for the last 20 years. Not true at all. Just because they developed and played well with Brady doesn’t make them non weapons.

The idea that poor Tom never has anyone is complete nonsense. Without his coach Brady would be an afterthought in this league at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back