PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this the best sports city in the world or what

Status
Not open for further replies.
Papi keeps touching his crotch around Erin Andrews.

*waits for headline

"Gronk climbs tree in Boston, falls down and breaks leg. Done for the year."

I was having a so-so day until the Red Sox won. :D Go Sox!

blood sweat and beards baby world series champions

It was getting hairy. Its been a terrifying 27 months since Boston's last Championship.

Glad things are back to normal. Let's double down, Pats. :D

Since 2000:

5 SB appearances
3 SB wins
3 WS wins
3 NBA finals appearances
2 NBA championships
2 NHL finals appearances
1 NHL finals win

That's 13 title game/series appearances, and 9 titles, in 12 years, and all 4 major sports have at least one title. That may not (or may) be the greatest run ever, but it sure feels great to be a fan of that quartet!
not to be a buzz kill but the Celtics won in 08 only. first one since 86 and its 2 nba finals apearances not three.

not to be a buzz kill but the Celtics won in 08 only. first one since 86 and its 2 nba finals apearances not three.

Yeah, I had it right then changed it, because I always muddle through that loss to the Lakers and get it wrong in my head.

I know MLS is the red headed step child of professional sports, but our New England Revolution have also played in 4 championships since 2002 and they're back in the playoffs again this year!

I am regionally close to Boston and the NE area and there are a lot of similarities between our two regions. There are family ties and common ancestry. The culture, weather and people are all pretty similar. People from both regions get outside, throw the ball around, or lace up the skates and get the gang together for a game of hockey. The outdoors is our playground, no matter the weather and that toughness rubs off I think on the sports teams.

I have to admit I don't really follow the Celtics that much , but the Red Sox, Bruins and Patriots I have for many years.

Nova Scotians cheer on the Bruins - The Boston Globe

....a lot of us cheer for these teams and we are not embarrassed to do so... !!

:rocker:

It is amazing. Just think about the last 3 years.

2010 Celtics in the finals to game 7
2011 Bruins finally win the cup
2011 Pats in the SB in a another final play game
2013 Red sox about to win their 3rd WS in 9 years.

Do we still have people on this board who worry that no one will want to come play here? Might be true in basketball, but certainly not in Fball, Bball, or Hockey.

It's the patriots turn to win now. Have no fear though my friends I'll be going to my first pats game this year.
First time going to fenway and the bruins they end up winning the title. ;)

Fenway crowds are the best crowds in American sports. Last night rivaled a European soccer crowd.

Good thing it wasn't a Patriots crowd there in Fenway last night.

Place would've been half empty by the 8th inning.

Yeah, I had it right then changed it, because I always muddle through that loss to the Lakers and get it wrong in my head.

That's because the C's were up double digits in game 7 with minutes to play until the refs sent Kobe to the line a half dozen or so times any time someone breathed on him with minutes left. Same thing happened in Game 6 (up 3-2) vs the Heat a couple years ago. Celts should have AT LEAST 1 more title if not 2.

I love that dirty water ...

I know MLS is the red headed step child of professional sports, but our New England Revolution have also played in 4 championships since 2002 and they're back in the playoffs again this year!

Aren't they like the buffalo bills of the mls lol? I'm going to attempt to watch one of these games. The ties kill me though.

I literally had no idea about this.

People take the rise out of the Pats because we haven't won in our last two SB appearances but it's pure jealousy.

We've won our division 10 of 12 years, gone to five Superbowls, won three and lost the other two by a combined 7 points to last minute clutch drives.

Since the 2001 Patriots, we've seen the Celtics go to two NBA finals and win one, taking the next one to game 7 in a year I don't think many favoured us to do very well in the playoffs.

The Sox have been to three world series finals and won them all.

The Bruins two Stanley Cup finals and won one of them...the second was just some real dumb luck (that finals deserved a game seven...such an even series).

What city has got to see all that?

Screw the haters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back