PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this the best sports city in the world or what

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
These past 10-15 years have been the best years sports wise for this city,Multiple championships, Playoff experiences each and ever year. Multiple first ballot HOF players. Best QB and Coach in the history of the game.......... Sorry cant type any more , Need to go and celebrate . THANK YOU BOSTON FOR MAKING ME SOOOOOO HAPPY

OH YES one more thing

YANKEES AND JETS SUCK :rocker::rocker:

Boston - the capital of sport and it's not even close :cool:

It is amazing. Just think about the last 3 years.

2010 Celtics in the finals to game 7
2011 Bruins finally win the cup
2011 Pats in the SB in a another final play game
2013 Red sox about to win their 3rd WS in 9 years.

The Patriots are the only Boston team I like (I'm from a city with no pro sports teams & my favs are all spread out) however I hope the Red Sox's win can motivate & inspire the Pats to get going and win themselves another SuperBowl

Little did I know as a kid, that being a fan of the Yankees (NEW YORK) and Patriots (BOSTON/NEW ENGLAND) would seem a little odd

From worst to absolute first!! Yeah baby!

Yeah, I like supporting Boston teams.

First win at home in NINETY FIVE years...wow

Now it's time for the Pats to join the championship party again. To think that they now have the longest title drought by far in Boston area teams...

Since 2000:

5 SB appearances
3 SB wins
3 WS wins
3 NBA finals appearances
2 NBA championships
2 NHL finals appearances
1 NHL finals win

That's 13 title game/series appearances, and 9 titles, in 12 years, and all 4 major sports have at least one title. That may not (or may) be the greatest run ever, but it sure feels great to be a fan of that quartet!

Now it's time for the Pats to join the championship party again. To think that they now have the longest title drought by far in Boston area teams...

Pats have made it to the Super Bowl following both previous Sox World Series wins this century.

These past 10-15 years have been the best years sports wise for this city,Multiple championships, Playoff experiences each and ever year. Multiple first ballot HOF players. Best QB and Coach in the history of the game.......... Sorry cant type any more , Need to go and celebrate . THANK YOU BOSTON FOR MAKING ME SOOOOOO HAPPY

OH YES one more thing

YANKEES AND JETS SUCK :rocker::rocker:

It's Menino -- he's the good luck charm!

Great time to be a fan here. Savor it, young 'uns. Us "old" uns do for sure.

Last time the Red Sox beat the Cardinals in the World Series, the Patriots won the Superbowl ;)

Congrats to the champs! They earned it this year through hard work and dedication!

Now, it's the Patriots' turn to join 'em.

4e7df4bee695c_224690n.jpg

Darn. I was hoping Erin Andrews would call Farrell Ferris Bueller or something.

Football gods, can we please see the elusive #4 this year?

The sox won the WS, we have a defense, I FEEL IT

Darn. I was hoping Erin Andrews would stop talking and streak across the Fenway Park outfield or something.

Corrected for accuracy....
thcoffee.gif

The Patriots are the only Boston team I like (I'm from a city with no pro sports teams & my favs are all spread out)

I'm about the same. Excluding where I was born (I didn't really get to live there. I think we moved less than a year later. My team would be 49ers. :yuck: ), all the states I lived in never had their own team. New Jersey is the most hilarious, since they have two teams playin on their own land, yet refuse to rep NJ.

I realized something interestin a few months ago. The state where most of my childhood took place in (kindergarten to 6th grade), the school system's mascot (1st to 12th grade) are actually Patriots.

images

patriots_douglas.gif

It's like I was destined to be a fan of this team. Just didn't know it.

First win at home in NINETY FIVE years...wow

I was thinking about that tonight. My father was born in the same year as the last Red Sox World Series win at Fenway: 1918.

Man, WWI was still going on. There were only 48 states.

Savour the wins, because as us older Patriots & Sox fans can tell you, they are so very hard to get. Each one is precious.

But man, what a GREAT region to live in, that can produce such great teams.

BOSTON STRONG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft