PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this the best linebacking corps we’ve had?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hightower looks fast with the lost weight. Flying to the football.
Hightower player one of the best, versatile, all around lb games today that I’ve seen in a long time.

Tippett, Blackmon, Nelson, McGrew.

Current crew is next best but Tippett is the difference maker.

Tippett and Blackmon were overrated as pass Rushers Nelson was ok. This Group is way better playing the Run and Pass. Tippett Blackmon and Nelson wasn't as versatile as these current guys.

Yeah, Tippett was easily the 2nd best Linebacker of his generation (LT being #1). He was an absolute stud. Think of how good Collins looks and double it. That was Tippett.
Tippett is the best Linebacker the Patriots ever had. Steve Nelson was amazing as well. We have championship bias a lot when analyzing "best ever" Patriot stuff. John Hannah has no close second for best OLineman Patriot ever as well.

It's somewhat apples to oranges but Andre Tippett was easily that athletically gifted.
Collins is great but not in Tippet's league (well literally he is though, in same league)

No. 01-04. But it's still a darn good group.

This LB corps is better. Hands down better. This one is the best BB has worked with since the 80’s Giants. THAT is the interesting comparison.

Honestly half the pats defense should be probowlers not that is matters... They're among leaders in sacks and ints. They're pretty darn good... It will all be judged with the chiefs game

And Baltimore, Houston, Cleveland, and Philly. It's really hard to call them "elite" until they do this against the big boys. I feel like they are going to do a decent job against them though.

i think so yes, this is the best LB corps pats have ever had/had under BB

i think the reason this D this year is so amazing is that the secondary is also arguably the best the Pats have ever had/had under BB

that's 2/3 parts of the D that are arguably the best ever franchise wise, no wonder D is owning eveyrone they come in contact with

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but where does the secondary rank?

The defense is sick.
Close.

Really like 77-79....
Haynes
Clayborn
Fox
McCray
Beaudoin

03 deserves consideration as well

And Baltimore, Houston, Cleveland, and Philly. It's really hard to call them "elite" until they do this against the big boys. I feel like they are going to do a decent job against them though.

I think we have a no fly✈ zone and our Front Seven can bring pressure from anywhere. They are Tough to prepare for.

Time will tell....4 of their first 5 opponents hadn’t even won a game when they faced the pats, and three still haven’t.

They will.. I'm assuming they will.. the chiefs are the test

Tippett and Blackmon were overrated as pass Rushers Nelson was ok. This Group is way better playing the Run and Pass. Tippett Blackmon and Nelson wasn't as versatile as these current guys.

This analysis based on extensive YouTube clips? Blackmon was greatly underrated, solid against the pass, run, and could get in the backfield when needed. Steve Nelson was known as one of the most sure tacklers in the NFL - starting at MLB his rookie year. Andre Tippet was just a hair behind LT, great at beating double-teams, and often just needed to get one hand on a QB to take them down. McGrew was the utility guy in the middle who could bring the inside pressure.

'decent job' lmfao
You may be what passes for a rocket scientist over at chiefsplanet but here, not so much. You really aren't very good at this

Bruschi/Slade/McGinest/Ted Johnson/Todd Collins deserves a mention here if nobody else has. (I'm too important to read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes