Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Is there hope for PatsFans??? Will we rebound and return to the playoffs?

• A) Yes we will rebound and it will happen Cat Like QuicK!

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • B) Yes we will rebound however it will take a while

Votes: 43 53.8%
  • C) Forget it. I love these guys but the golden era of Football is over for the Patriots

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • D) I quit! I now follow __________ (Names anaother team)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E) Other - please explain

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
I chose forget it, we’ll never see that golden age again. But we did live it which makes my cup full. 6 championships, I honestly laugh at haters that try to get a reaction out of me. I’m like 6 rings, time to let someone else have a turn.

They’ll be back and I’ll be watching. I once thought that once BB and Brady were gone I’d bolt. But I’m excited for the rebuilding process.

I have talked about it many times. This team owes me zip. 6 rings. Six. Stop it. Suffering with the HughMillenated years, the 1-15's, the Rod Rust Era, the Yay! **** McPherson Era, walking up and buying a ticket to opening day at the box office the day of... I never thought they'd win one, much less six. I am in.
Yeah exactly. The way I think of it, we just had the thing that every other fanbase thinks is unrealistic fantasy talk for their teams. We are playing with house money forever.

When are they going to see what we saw with Brady the past 20 years.

This team can rebuild and be competitive but it's going to take three or four years because this team has so many holes. I love belichick as a coach but he's been absolutely atrocious for the past several years trying to draft players. At this point I don't have a whole lot of confidence He can fix this team to the draft.

Last edited:
It all starts with the draft and Bill has been bad since 2013 (can't wait to hear resistance from a Team Bill's representative on this). He needs to get better at that. And this board is really overrating this years draft. He needs to do one of two things: 1. Find a future QB (preferred) or 2. Have a solid draft and try for a QB the following year.

agreed! Seven poor drafts in a row is the primary reason we are almost bereft of talent on the roster.

bb has to quit trying to outsmart the draftniks and start accumulating talent,

This is the most important offseason for us since after bill’s first season with us.

We will rebound but it's best to set expectations now. We won't dominate like we did with the GOAT. We will be highly competitive and prepared though.

With Brady’s departure completely exposing the roster as what it is - I think Bill is on the clock now.

We are exactly where the Rex Ryan Bills were. They turned that into an AFC power in 3 seasons. So there’s no reason why Bill can’t build a really good football team in the same timeframe. He won’t get more time than that.

I think he will do that. If not, Pats may be looking for a new head coach sooner than we think.

Last edited:
****, the Browns made the playoffs this year. Of course there's a chance.
They also gagged HARD, let a QB who is one or two notches above Tebow beat them and proved that they were never a serious contender. I don't consider being playoff cannon fodder for real contenders the standard. It's going to take a little while to become a true contender. But sure, if we can find a QB and a couple of weapons we could sneak into the wild card spot next year. Unlikely, but certainly possible.

You really feel that threatened by one thread? Wow
Right now the four highest threads are Bucs threads - and that doesn't include other threads that get started, and then merged into one of the Bucs threads.

There is also an ongoing situation of certain forum members that only joined within the last three weeks - after the Patriots were eliminated - attempting to hijack every other thread on a daily basis, and turn it into a BB vs TB conversation.

I think the Patriots can be a playoff contender as early as next year if they can find a competent QB but think they are likely at least another year away from serious contention. I do not expect them to ever get back to dynasty status but if they can become like the last decade Saints, Steelers or Ravens where they are almost always in contention for the division and occasionally a real Super Bowl threat I would consider that a major success for the 2020's.

I wish we had an impact guy on defense like the Bucs have in Devin White. He was their first rounder.

Wouldn’t hate to see us dedicate this draft to defense if there’s no QB BB likes. Then you can turn guys like Uche loose as a pass rusher as he should be.

we make the playoff this year if we had even average QB play. Cam was terrible. Bring in an average QB, some WR help and then draft

I think the Patriots can be a playoff contender as early as next year if they can find a competent QB but think they are likely at least another year away from serious contention. I do not expect them to ever get back to dynasty status but if they can become like the last decade Saints, Steelers or Ravens where they are almost always in contention for the division and occasionally a real Super Bowl threat I would consider that a major success for the 2020's.

I think it's going to take some time for fans (myself included) to get out of the mindset that what we've seen the last 20 years is somehow normal and intentionally reproduced. Sure, we could see another "dynasty" with this team, but there's no clear path to it that they can actively say, "Okay, we start with A, then add B, then float in C, D, and E and we're there!" It takes some good drafting, team building, and a crap ton of luck, and even then I'm not sure you can expect it.

What you've mentioned (Saints, Steelers, Ravens, and I would throw the Packers in there) is what MOST teams aspire to. If I got to live through the Brady/BB years, AND then get to see a run like one of those shortly after, I'd actually start to wonder if I was in the Matrix.

Of course you need another franchise quarterback. Not to many coaches win without them.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, Marty Schottenheimer never got his due. Undone by player gaffs in Cleveland, KC and San Diego. Even in DC with Tony Banks at QB he took a bad team to a .500 record and then got fired and the DC demise started. If BB retired and the Pats got a coach of the quality of Marty Schottenheimer they would be fortunate. Whew! Sorry, I just get crazy when people bad mouth Marty.

Right now the four highest threads are Bucs threads - and that doesn't include other threads that get started, and then merged into one of the Bucs threads.

There is also an ongoing situation of certain forum members that only joined within the last three weeks - after the Patriots were eliminated - attempting to hijack every other thread on a daily basis, and turn it into a BB vs TB conversation.

Thanks for brining this to everyone's attention jmt and those posters that continue to troll will be banned.

Yeah exactly. The way I think of it, we just had the thing that every other fanbase thinks is unrealistic fantasy talk for their teams. We are playing with house money forever.
Back when my wife and I were first married, she asked me "why do you watch these iceholes if they make you so mad?" I replied that someday they were gong to be good and I was going to be loyal. That was 1990.
we make the playoff this year if we had even average QB play. Cam was terrible. Bring in an average QB, some WR help and then draft
I believe Belichick has said he can win with an average QB.

They also gagged HARD, let a QB who is one or two notches above Tebow beat them and proved that they were never a serious contender. I don't consider being playoff cannon fodder for real contenders the standard. It's going to take a little while to become a true contender. But sure, if we can find a QB and a couple of weapons we could sneak into the wild card spot next year. Unlikely, but certainly possible.
I'm not saying we'll be exactly as good as the 2020 Browns, I'm just saying the Browns are a cursed franchise that never should have made the playoffs, but they did.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back