Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Is there hope for PatsFans??? Will we rebound and return to the playoffs?

• A) Yes we will rebound and it will happen Cat Like QuicK!

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • B) Yes we will rebound however it will take a while

Votes: 43 53.8%
  • C) Forget it. I love these guys but the golden era of Football is over for the Patriots

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • D) I quit! I now follow __________ (Names anaother team)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E) Other - please explain

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
Our offense was terrrrrrrible, and still finished 7-9. Think well rebound but it might take a few years to make it right.

There is also an ongoing situation of certain forum members that only joined within the last three weeks - after the Patriots were eliminated - attempting to hijack every other thread on a daily basis, and turn it into a BB vs TB conversation.

Or, as we'd call them if we were less polite, TROLLS.

Bill Belichick enjoyed these last two seasons. He paid tribute to the effort and commitment he got from the team and how much he felt he gained from being its coach. Of course, he may be on the downslope, but, so long as the Pats have the greatest coach of all time and he is fully engaged, that's more than good enough for me.

I think we are a couple years away from being a playoff contender again. Until we have a QB we will be around .500 at best.

The point of this thread is to lighten things up a little. Too many negative posts in too many threads.

As much as I want to believe in Bill, the lack of talent in all positions and no recent history to state that we draft well , I am not sure how much bill can help move the chains through coaching. The league is moving to running qb and faster linebackers while we are still plodding away with no qb in sight.

This draft and the offseason will tell us where we stand . If we don't land or develop our franchise qb this season , we are 2 -3 years away from even competing. Its time Bill stops his pet projects and drafts impact players. I am okay if we get minimal impact rookies, but in second year they should shine. Every team seems to have that. Its not as if every team is hitting on first rounders.

Its time to rip apart the team and create new leaders to replace mccourty, chung, slater,hightower,Hightower,.

It might make sense to use this year to develop players to prime them for 2022.

If we get 25 solid starters for 2022 from 2021 team that's a success . The numbers high as I assume we will be signing a good chunk of free agents ...

@SammyBlueCat thanks for starting this thread!!!

This board over the years has become the GOAT of all boards...it is the pinnacle of fan forums across the NFL, the apex..I get emails from other mods/posters on other boards that come on here to read what is going on...how the fans are reacting to the Patriots, etc. .....Take pride in what you post, if you see someone trolling, please let one of the mods know. Unfortunately there have been too many new posters recently coming on and looking to incite and agitate and troll.

81qzzFP0zeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I'm good

Absolutely not. There's no hope. After all, they finished 5--11 last season....they're so bad they're keeping a sixth rounder on the roster as backup QB.

Oops. That's what someone on this Forum probably posted in January 2001.

The point of this thread is to lighten things up a little. Too many negative posts in too many threads.
But... but you broke my heart by calling my post "useful"! That's not lighthearted!!!! ;)

Absolutely not. There's no hope. After all, they finished 5--11 last season....they're so bad they're keeping a sixth rounder on the roster as backup QB.

Oops. That's what someone on this Forum probably posted in January 2001.
Seems like treadmills go way back :p

I’m from England and my local team Newcastle United is currently getting pumped 3-0 by Arsenal, well on course for another mediocre season (think old Browns/Lions level of continuous dumpster fires).

The Patriots are no where near that level of forced unenjoyment. I was always prepared for post Brady/Belichick life but I think my bar for what is truly bad is probably lower than most because of what I put up with over here.

As long as Bill is HC, we always have a chance.

Look at the bright side... at least regular season games are actually interesting versus a mere formality.

Theoretically, we could trade a second round in 2021 and a third rounder in 2022 to Detroit for Stafford, who has two years left on his contract, as a gap qb.

we use the rest of our draft picks to load up on defense and free agency to get a decent wide receiver or two.

If we execute this properly, we are a playoff team next year, provided Stafford stays healthy,

This team went 7-9 against the hardest schedule in football and with an RB trying to play QB. We have arguably the best coaching staff in the NFL, a top 5 OL, a ton of cap space, and quite a few young players with potential (and experience). Not to mention, the league office hasn't taken away any of our picks yet this year. The future is bright.

Reactions: sb1
Oops, I posted in the wrong thread.

This team went 7-9 against the hardest schedule in football and with an RB trying to play QB. We have arguably the best coaching staff in the NFL, a top 5 OL, a ton of cap space, and quite a few young players with potential (and experience). Not to mention, the league office hasn't taken away any of our picks yet this year. The future is bright.

didn’t goddell steal a third round pick from us for the bengals video screw up?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back